SportsWrath

Are you ready for the start of the 2016 football season!

Sephiroth

Spags will get this defense turned around, and I think McAdoo will improve his 2nd season....liked what he was able to accomplish with that garbage line last season.

I just have to hope Reese doesn't shit the bed this draft......there's no guarantee there, either, unfortunately.

Are you really trying to tell me Cowher had any influence on Lebeau and Capers coaching career.

lol what.

Both of them were coaching defense before Cowher was even playing the game.

And Tomlin never served under Cowher, he was an outside hire.

Seph this is JackStroud level stuff lol.

Look, if people on this board are allowed to think that Hakeem Nicks was an impact player his last two years here then goddammit, I can think Tomlin was a Cowher disciple.

Best coach ever and a surefire 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

They always are though. The main responsibility of a manager is to hire good managers under him/her. What is Coughlins coaching tree looking like?

Which is why I criticize Coughlin.. his hires have been quite atrocious sometimes...

I could argue that a smart head coach would hire a DC qualified to do well, but not so qualified to overtake the very head coach who was hiring him. Being cautious not to hire your replacement so to speak.

I disagree with that notion... doing that means you're not hiring the best person for the position. I'm in the school of thought that I'd want to hire the most qualified person... better and smarter than me in every way possible... it's how I get better.