SportsWrath

Scherf at 9??

osi724dasack

I thought it was "we line up wide and they run for 9."

At least that's how it used to be when the Eagles ran it.

Exactly! That was a scheme that played better on paper (I guess) than it did on the field.

And I'm all in on Scherf at 9! Plug him in at LG for the next 8-10 years.

Scherff is a no brainer long time problem solver in the trenches. Personally, I like the idea of La'el Collins more after seeing him shut down Dante Fowler - not only shut him down, but obliterated him turning Fowler into a non-factor in their games. Few tackles managed to stop Fowler the way Collins did.

Collins is a true tackle - a big, mean one - and would be a waste to move him to guard which is where Scherff will end up.

[edit: with only Beatty and Pugh as legitimate tackles, it would be nice to have a third. A decent guard is much easier to find than a long term tackle - just my 2 cents]

I rather us trade down and try to get a an extra second round or third. Scherf go no technique and slow foot work. Skilled rushers will blow by this guy. We still have a lot of holes and needs quality bodies. S, G, WR , LB , DL , CB all have some needs. We will be lucky to find two guys in the draft that will play at a competent level this year.

I rather us trade down and try to get a an extra second round or third. Scherf go no technique and slow foot work. Skilled rushers will blow by this guy. We still have a lot of holes and needs quality bodies. S, G, WR , LB , DL , CB all have some needs. We will be lucky to find two guys in the draft that will play at a competent level this year.

I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand the guy is definitely a guard and I don't think you take a guard that high. On the other, our O-line is pretty much all holes and question marks and a mauler on the inside would be good both for Eli and Williams, who can't see holes to save his life.

If we could trade down and still nab him that'd be ideal, but I'd understand taking him at 9.