SportsWrath

Scherf at 9??

osi724dasack

I have zero problems with Scherff or La'ell Collins at 9. I see Scherff as a OG in the first year or two only. I think he's eventually going to be a LT, and a good one, but even if he doesn't make it there, I think he safely projects as a strong RT or elite OG.

so if we draft scherff is he playing lg? If he projects as a pro bowl guard is 9 ok to take him?

IMO if we draft him he's playing RT year 1 with Pugh going inside and Scherff replacing Beatty in 1-2 years potentially at LT.

And if he's playing Guard for his career then at 9 I think it's too high to take him if there are highly rated skill position players or long pass rushers

I have zero problems with Scherff or La'ell Collins at 9. I see Scherff as a OG in the first year or two only. I think he's eventually going to be a LT, and a good one, but even if he doesn't make it there, I think he safely projects as a strong RT or elite OG.

Collins is very interesting as well. He appears to be an elite run blocker

If you get a top shelf guard who is among the best at his position for 8-10 years, nobody cares where he's drafted. The bust rate is high enough even early in the first round, that even if he never is more than a high end OG, it's ok. Scherff is a fine pick at 9, I believe, because he is a fairly safe pick with a pretty high floor, low bust potential. Of course everything is a gamble. If it's Scherff or Cooper, however, I might have some pause. I would have a very tough decision deciding between him, Bud Dupree, or White/Cooper.

I'm all about Parker. We can get axLG in rounds three or four

Umm yeah that is how Reese has been adding to our offensive line in the draft over the years and the number of those players on the roster is.... :rimshot:

We could also get a WR in those rounds, too. I think we'll have better value in rd 2 for a WR than at #9. We need a stud lineman at 9, IMO. I lkke Sammie Coates at least as much as Parker.

No way. We can in no way get a WR near Parker's level in rounds two-four. We can get a OG near Scherff though. Parker is my #2 WR and 7th overall player

I think we will look to strengthen the O line in the first round of the draft but i dont think we will pick Scherff.

I still reckon that the G men will we go with Andrus Peat at 9 because of his versatility.

NO way we go for a WR in the first round IMO .

I was obviously hoping for Martin last year ..........and was initially disappointed with the ODB ........but i was clearly wrong ! ...so what do i know.

I think we will look to strengthen the O line in the first round of the draft but i dont think we will pick Scherff.

I still reckon that the G men will we go with Andrus Peat at 9 because of his versatility.

I was obviously hoping for Martin last year ..........and was initially disappointed with the ODB ........but i was clearly wrong ! ...so what do i know.

I think whoever the BPA available will be just fine... I'm just curious as to who it would be... and it's not like the Giants know exactly because they don't know who will be picked 1-8 anyway...

I think we can. Where was Jordan Matthews picked last year? Davante Adams? Martavis Bryant? The draft is agajn loaded with receiver talent. I'm cool with Cooper or White, but I'd prefer the Giants get a player at a position in the first round where talent is more scarce than receiver.

Of course that's a huge factor... I'm not too crazy about picking a WR when we need an OL or DL to solidify the trenches for us. And given the draft is loaded with WRs, why even bother? And the only DL I'd take is Shelton/Sheldon if he ever falls to us... otherwise I'm looking at an OL... but even then I'm not the expert here... I still think the Giants would address the DT/DE position in the 1st with a Safety in the 2nd and an OL in the 3rd.

I don't think Peat is versatile(LT only) and is not worth the 9th pick. I have Collins, Clemmings, Flowers and Fisher ranked above Peat.

I think we can. Where was Jordan Matthews picked last year? Davante Adams? Martavis Bryant? The draft is agajn loaded with receiver talent. I'm cool with Cooper or White, but I'd prefer the Giants get a player at a position in the first round where talent is more scarce than receiver.

I do think they could get Dorsett at 40 and I would be fine with that

I do think they could get Dorsett at 40 and I would be fine with that

I haven't looked him up yet but what I'm reading about him is giving me thoughts of Tim Carter. Don't want that in any way.

I don't think Peat is versatile(LT only) and is not worth the 9th pick. I have Collins, Clemmings, Flowers and Fisher ranked above Peat.

bb25 ...im thinking Peat would be good at RT with Pugh moving to Guard.........but what do i know ...im from England , regards UK

Really...? Pugh 1st round, Richburg 2nd round, Beatty 2nd round

You forgot McCants, Brewer, Petrus, Koets, no longer around. Of course there is a chance Herman & Mosley turn into starters though.

bb25 ...im thinking Peat would be good at RT with Pugh moving to Guard.........but what do i know ...im from England , regards UK

I think Peat is too finesse to play RT. I also don't know everything, I am just not a huge fan of Peat