SportsWrath

Defensive Coordinator Prospects

Lughead

And why again would the Patriots be forthcoming on a former employee, thereby giving information to the Giants? This mutual respect you speak of, that you've checked on...where did you find this and what gives you the impression that this mutual respect will outweigh a competitive advantage?

Competition can be there while still maintaining professionalism. I'd hate to think of the NFL as a bunch of scum bags... I can understand teams within a division not willing to be forthcoming but teams in different conferences can and should.

Proven commodities are great if they weren't excellent head coach prospects. We are trying to rebuild the defense in terms of players, aggressiveness and performance which will take longer than a season. Pepper Johnson has been on some pretty good teams defensively as a coach under the mentorship of notable defensive minds. He might be unproven but far from long shot as a successful potential defensive coordinator.

I don't know either... I tend to agree with you here.. he's unproven because he hasn't gotten the chance to prove anything... Spags was unproven when we hired him too. I'll put my trust in the FO to hire a good DC this time... I have no choice anyway.

Proven commodities are great if they weren't excellent head coach prospects. We are trying to rebuild the defense in terms of players, aggressiveness and performance which will take longer than a season. Pepper Johnson has been on some pretty good teams defensively as a coach under the mentorship of notable defensive minds. He might be unproven but far from long shot as a successful potential defensive coordinator.

And not for nothing, his situation if he were to come in here would be similar to Ben mcadoo's....unproven but had experience and success as personnel/position coaches

We simply aren't going to agree on Spags. If you want to say he can't be a good HC, fine. But to see he's not a talented DC, a guy whose defense stopped the #1 fucking offense in NFL HISTORY, beating up a team with multiple Hall of Famers, I don't get that at all. And what difference does it make if you knkw what you are walking into? He got a HC gig, he has to try and make it work... If Bradford gave him one healthy season and performed anywhere close to his supposed potential, he might still be the coach there... Things didn't go his way but he had to give himself the chance to succeed. And btw, no defense is going to be good #1, without good players, and #2, without a competent offense that can stay on the field for any length of time. He didn't have #2 in St Louis, and while the defensive cubbard wasn't bare, he had maybe the worst offensive unit in the NFL during that time, because the man had no quarterback.

And say what you want about New Orleans, that defense sucked from a player stamdpoint.... Woooo he had Vilma for 11 games. Eleven games... Look it up. And BFD, Vilma was a good player sure, but the rest of that defense was an indictment of the front office ignoring that side of the ball for so long. Further, say what you want, but that Saints offense mailed in that season without Payton. It was an embarrassment. I know Spags is a good DC, he's well respected, he has an aggressive philosophy, and that's what the Giants identity has been in their history, and I want that back.

+1

And not for nothing, his situation if he were to come in here would be similar to Ben mcadoo's....unproven but had experience and success as personnel/position coaches

I would be very happy with Pepper getting a shot too. He is ready for a shot at DC.

The nice thing about Fewell sucking ass is that virtually anyone else is an upgrade

I would be very happy with Pepper getting a shot too. He is ready for a shot at DC.

The nice thing about Fewell sucking ass is that virtually anyone else is an upgrade

Yeah I felt the same way after Bill Sheridan and Perry Fewell replaced him. Makes you think eh.

I remember people getting all giddy at the thought of Fewell taking over from Coughlin before he even called a defensive play. (Me included).

Yeah I felt the same way after Bill Sheridan and Perry Fewell replaced him. Makes you think eh.

That would be an amazingly short-sighted move by Denver. Fox is a defensive guy and has improved that defense greatly. He's also radically changed the offense by giving them an actual running game. It's not his fault Peyton isn't 26.

Official. Fox out in Denver. I wonder, I wonder if Mara would even consider it. tell him one year at DC then take over the next year for Coughlin?....... nah Probably would never happen,

Bump Teflon upstairs and make Fox HC