SportsWrath

First arguement

gateb

Now that we are on our new board with a fresh page and no Fab 4 in sight (so far), we should get right down to business in the Giants section. FA is coming up soon (hopefully) and we have some major needs. List what you think are our biggest needs and who we should go after.

Now that we are on our new board with a fresh page and no Fab 4 in sight (so far), we should get right down to business in the Giants section. FA is coming up soon (hopefully) and we have some major needs. List what you think are our biggest needs and who we should go after.

I think we need any of these: A solid Corner, Safety, healthy LB's, good back-up O-line, 1 or 2 more recievers (which means dropping Taylor and Carter) and Punter (if Feagles is really done for good)

Carter I hope we let go. No point of dropping Taylor though because we gave Carter one more year might as well give Taylor an extra shot as a fourth WR. I would love to have a third WR though if possible Randle El but that's a pipe dream. Realistically, guys like Antonio Bryant or a first round pick would be first on my list.

everyone keeps talkin about needing LB but when they were healthy Emmons Pierce and Griesen were a good trio with Torbor and Blackburn backin them up as long as we resign griesen and emmons comes back healthy he should have another 2 yrs in him and cut green. Draft a Lb for future we should be fine. All those injurys at LB were kinda freakish to all happen at once no one has the depth to lose that many LB and still be ok. We need FS and CB help the most and maybe a LT of the future. Even if we got a Archleta (sp) as a FA and moved Wilson to FS that would help alot 2 good blitzers at S and both hard tacklers. Feagles comin back is very important he one of the best punters in the business and i don't wana watch another matt allen lookalike. WR isn't as pressing a need with 2 good Wr a good Te and Tiki and finn both good pass catchers i think a Blocking Te would be more important.

didnt he already retire

and if so we can easily pick up a punter i am not about to put a punter on my wish list...

although special teams are a underrated part of the game we can pick somebody up

No, Feagles claimed he is still thinking about it. Actually look at what I just posted. More optimistic now.

ELI sucks, the Giants and EA must look forward to replacing this weak armed hick. He cannot handle the pressure of NY and having to lead men. He is a little weak armed boy, who's Daddy made sure he was overhyped to make the NFL. The Giants must start to look at better options. I see them signing Todd Collins or Aaron Brooks as upgrades. The Cards today were smart and signed Warner to an extension, yet another stupid mistake by Accorsi as I believe he is an Eagle mole.

There feel better everyone, just like old times back at old SW :lol:

Just my thoughts:

Free agency:

With no real premier, blue-chip offensive lineman I can't see the Giants looking to upgrade OLT long term via this route, another saftey to help out Gibril Wilson would be nice but we have to watch our wallets. Conversely there has been alot of speculation that the Giants will persue one of two linebackers in FA, Will Witherspoon all Giants fans got a first-hand look in the divisional round at how good he can be. Julian Peterson being the other possibility, I'm not as high on Peterson as some other people due to his torn Achilles tendon.

Draft:

Rd. 1 CB (Not really too sure, many choices & alot of question marks.... i.e. past injuries, slow speed, not-so-great cover skills.)

Rd. 2 OLB (Possibly Bobby Carpenter of OSU)

Rd. 3 OT (Here is where the Giants need to not have a "Jeff Hatch" type pick, whomever they select in this draft at OT will most likely be groomed to replace Pettigout down the road.)

Rd. 4 WR or LB (With an entire evening to look over their board & re-evaluate where they are & who is still available the Giants have to take the best player available at this point regardless of position, just my guess but I think it will either be a reliabe slot reciever or a LB as a backup for Pierce, let's also not forget that we haven't had the linebacker corps to run Lewis's favorite schemes from the 3-4, if we select a LB here he should be able to play the middle.)

Rd. 5 P (God I wish Jeff Feagles comes back for one more year, if not here is where we get his replacement.... hopefully no "Jonathan Markham" syndrome will befall our draft room crew at this point.)

Rd. 6 CB/KR (Although I like what Chad Morton has done I still think that taking Willie Ponder off the KO return team hurt us down the streach.)

Rd. 7 SS (For depth if we sign another saftey during FA.)

Do you guys think we should get rid of Green, S. Alexander, W. Peterson, and Griesen (only because he's going to demand some more money after his play this year) I think we keep Brent Alexander (even though he's getting old), and I want to see more outta Adrian Awasom, Frank Walker, Eric Moore, Damane Duckett, and maybe even Chase Blackburn... what do you guys think? Not all of the at the same time, just more productivly (I know I spelled that wrong fuck you)

Do you guys think we should get rid of Green, S. Alexander, W. Peterson, and Griesen (only because he's going to demand some more money after his play this year) I think we keep Brent Alexander (even though he's getting old), and I want to see more outta Adrian Awasom, Frank Walker, Eric Moore, Damane Duckett, and maybe even Chase Blackburn... what do you guys think? Not all of the at the same time, just more productivly (I know I spelled that wrong fuck you)

Barrett Green.... gone like the wind.

S. Alexander..... re-signed

W. Peterson...... can't cut the only esperienced corner on the team, besides he just signed an extension

Greisen............ can't let this guy get away, unless the Giants are trading up to get A.J. Hawk (who looks like Lattimer from "The Program" they better bring back this kid. He might not be the most talented guy but he is durable & has been the best player at that positon for the last 2-3 years.

I think:

Green-restructure. He's still young and has shown he has the talent. Give him another year.

Alexander: Depends on the price and if he really wants to play.

Peterson: We all know the potential is there and we have enough questions in our secondary so that really forces us to bring him back.

Greisen: I really enjoy watching him play but if he is really asking for more money then he deserves, I'll pass.

Walker's the only one on the corners that can make a catch consistently apparently but gets burned way too much. If we have to see Blackburn, that means we have to see him without Pierce starting.

I think:

Green-restructure. He's still young and has shown he has the talent. Give him another year.

Peterson: We all know the potential is there and we have enough questions in our secondary so that really forces us to bring him back.

Greisen: I really enjoy watching him play but if he is really asking for more money then he deserves, I'll pass.

Walker's the only one on the corners that can make a catch consistently apparently but gets burned way too much. If we have to see Blackburn, that means we have to see him without Pierce starting.

good point...you are wise beyond your years...but Green to me is nothing, but a bench warming leetch

Guest nosebleed
I think:

Green - He has shown one thing since being signed and that is he likes the training table. He is dead weight and hopefully the plug will be pulled.

Alexander - Major secondary problems last year. The last thing the Giants need is a return of a lead footed safety who doesn't hit.

Peterson - Injuries, injuries, injuries..................can he even play next year???

Greisen - Deserves to be on this team much more than metal leg Emmons and waste product Green.