SportsWrath

Let's say we end up with a top 5 pick

Virginia Giant

Yeah, he could do a better job hanging onto the ball when he's hit. I'll give you that.....but not sure many QBs would look much better behind that line and with those pedestrian receivers (other than Odell, who is getting double and triple teamed!).

Yeah, he could do a better job hanging onto the ball when he's hit. I'll give you that.....but not sure many QBs would look much better behind that line and with those pedestrian receivers (other than Odell, who is getting double and triple teamed!).

You're right, other people need to do better too. I thought that's what the new offense was all about, but he still does the same thing.

Can't get the ball out early if receivers can't get open early. I will give the system another year...but the offensive line needs to improve to get an accurate assessment.

Defense on the other hand could not stop Jacksonville when it mattered. Jacksonville...JACKSONVILLE!!!! Another performance like that against Tennessee and/or Washington should get Fewell fired before end of the season

But aren't you tired of his slop play? So what at this point, the team is years from being good and we'll just waste more time on him anyway. We need a QB that can move around in the pocket better.

Oh I am tired of it... but what's the alternative? He can be good sometimes and maybe just maybe we may have one more run next year before maybe Nassib is ready to step in... granted we don't really know enough about Nassib. I just don't endorse changing QBs when there's no one out there better...

Can't get the ball out early if receivers can't get open early. I will give the system another year...but the offensive line needs to improve to get an accurate assessment.

Defense on the other hand could not stop Jacksonville when it mattered. Jacksonville...JACKSONVILLE!!!! Another performance like that against Tennessee and/or Washington should get Fewell fired before end of the season

Yeah they lined up Robinson to take the snap and everybody knows...oh here comes a QB draw/wildcat play....he gains 17 yards

You know what else I would take if we had a top 5 pick.

A DE like JJ Watt.

Is this anything this corn fed mountain of a man can't do?

Imagine a player like him on the D-line......

The leadership trait is amazing...

Oh I am tired of it... but what's the alternative? He can be good sometimes and maybe just maybe we may have one more run next year before maybe Nassib is ready to step in... granted we don't really know enough about Nassib. I just don't endorse changing QBs when there's no one out there better...

Here's the thing, I doubt he'll be here after his contract is up. I just hope they're planning on something.

If we get a top 5 pick we take the best most talented guy we have rated on the board. Need goes out the window. We take whoever we think has the chance to be the best pro.

best possible player. it's rare we pick this high, we need to take advantage of it. we have a ton of needs anyway

This... Best Possible Player is where you find the LT's and Strahans of the bunch...

I don't know, offensive lineman so rarely come in and make a difference as rookies that it's the one position that I'm fine looking to free agency for help. Finding a dominant playmaker to pair with Odell Beckham for the next 5+ years should certainly be a priority. It would also serve to solidify the slot position by getting Victor Cruz the hell out of the outside WR positions and back where he belongs and excels at. Getting a fellow true X or Y receiver to pair with Beckham has to be a priority

I agree.

On a side note our Draft Priority for rounds 1-2-3 should be in no order just BPA at

WR

Safety (we need 2 of these since Rolles leaving)

DE

OL

TE (Donnell is a tremendously bad blocker)

Not sure the likelihood, but there are 8 teams counting us at 3-9 or worse, so there is a shot.

Do you want Jerry Reese puling the trigger? Or, assuming Reese is fired, a guy who will have been with the team for a few months making the most important pick since Eli?

I don't know, it's an important draft. Reese has a pretty good track record with first round selections. ODB, Prince, Nicks, JPP, Well, he has a decent track record.

Is it better to give the keys to a potentially unproven GM?

I'm fine with a new GM blowing the first pick assuming that he'll probably get something out of the rest of the draft... something Reese sucks at.

JR gets you a good first rounder and then goes on to pick the Clint Sintims, Jayron Hoselys, and Adrien Robinsons of the world.

Not sure the likelihood, but there are 8 teams counting us at 3-9 or worse, so there is a shot.

Do you want Jerry Reese puling the trigger? Or, assuming Reese is fired, a guy who will have been with the team for a few months making the most important pick since Eli?

I don't know, it's an important draft. Reese has a pretty good track record with first round selections. ODB, Prince, Nicks, JPP, Well, he has a decent track record.

Is it better to give the keys to a potentially unproven GM?

I have no faith in Reese.....his draft picks are like shaking a Magic 8-Ball.

My 2015 Rebuild:

1. Get a new defensive coordinator.
  2. Use the 1st round pick on a blue chip player.....someone you can rebuild the team around. Has to be a can't miss guy that makes the entire unit better. Haven't really scouted the draft that much. Would give my left nut for a guy like Carl Banks....and that's how high the Giants might be drafting this year......Reese needs to get someone that fucking good, he's way overdue.
  3. In the 2nd round, I'd go offensive line.....with an early 2nd round pick, we could be in line for another Chris Snee.
  4. Spend a third round pick on a nasty safety, or BIG defensive end (not a stringbean that can't seal the edge).....I want a guy that has a Leonard Marshall look to him.
  5. 4th, 5th, and 6th - would prefer defense....they need alot of work..
  6. Keep Coughlin, McAdoo and Eli....give that a shot in 2015, smear some lamb's blood on the trainer's door and hope the Injury Plague passes us in 2015.
  7. Let JPP walk, and spend the money on a quantity and quality free agents....guys who can at least start in the NFL.

If that doesn't work, then dynamite the whole thing in 2016......let Coughlin, McAdoo, and Eli's contracts expire, and start with new coach, new QB, and new OC in 2016......and thank Coughlin and Eli for 12 years of exciting football.