SportsWrath

Watching the game at the bar... this is what I saw.

Sephiroth

This era of Giants football is over. Its been a great run, but its closing time... these guys have to go.

Everything that has plagued the Giants was on display today. A bad roster thanks to Reese's shitty drafts. Horrible play calling. Mistakes. Eli throwing five picks.

Reese needs a "Thanks for everything" and to be shown the door. Coughlin is still a very good coach but when your assistants are terrible, that's ultimately on you. Quinn and Fewell should have been gone years ago. Give Tom a gold watch and a front office job.

Eli can play out the rest of his contract while we groom the next guy, unless a team like Houston wants to give us something worthwhile in a trade. But he's not the future either.

And those of you praising Ben McAdoo... please, just fucking stop. He's a TERRIBLE coordinator.

We need a clean sweep and a new era. This last era has been GREAT... but its over, guys. Time to start fresh.

This era of Giants football is over. Its been a great run, but its closing time... these guys have to go.

Everything that has plagued the Giants was on display today. A bad roster thanks to Reese's shitty drafts. Horrible play calling. Mistakes. Eli throwing five picks.

Reese needs a "Thanks for everything" and to be shown the door. Coughlin is still a very good coach but when your assistants are terrible, that's ultimately on you. Quinn and Fewell should have been gone years ago. Give Tom a gold watch and a front office job.

Eli can play out the rest of his contract while we groom the next guy, unless a team like Houston wants to give us something worthwhile in a trade. But he's not the future either.

And those of you praising Ben McAdoo... please, just fucking stop. He's a TERRIBLE coordinator.

We need a clean sweep and a new era. This last era has been GREAT... but its over, guys. Time to start fresh.

Copy and paste or maybe find a picture for a background to make it colorful.

I grudgingly have to agree. The whole thing should be blown up. Eli, who was the bright spot on this team, looked like shit. He leads the world in picks that aren't his fault, but those picks today were ALL on him.

Eli and Coughlin do not have time to go through the rebuilding project that this team has become. BOTH lines need to be completely rebuilt. The defense is HORRIBLE. There is virtually no pass rush. Never thought I would see a Giants team without linebackers. That's almost hard to fathom.

Good idea in moving Tom upstairs. Keep him in the organization, but put him in the Ring of Honor and get him off the sideline. At his age, he doesn't need this crap.

And I also agree with you about Eli. Let him play out his contract, as this crapfest isn't his fault for the most part. But Start playing Nassib, or get the heir apparent and start bringing him along.

I would agree.....I'd like to see Coughlin and Eli stick around, but if not, it's understandable.

Bummer that Eli picked the one game where the defense showed up to shit the bed. We've seen this story before....it's like watching Police Academy 5 with interceptions.

I would agree.....I'd like to see Coughlin and Eli stick around, but if not, it's understandable.

Bummer that Eli picked the one game where the defense showed up to shit the bed. We've seen this story before....it's like watching Police Academy 5 with interceptions.

Fuck the defense. Too fucking late for showing up... Who are we kidding?

And seriously criticizing McAdoo at this point is shot sighted.... And wtf is this business of giving Tom a front office job like he needs one... He can either coach or retire.

Fuck the defense. Too fucking late for showing up... Who are we kidding?

And seriously criticizing McAdoo at this point is shot sighted.... And wtf is this business of giving Tom a front office job like he needs one... He can either coach or retire.

A JV football coach could have called a better game than McAdoo today. His offense is anemic.

A JV football coach could have called a better game than McAdoo today. His offense is anemic.

Those three corner fades in a row when the game was on the line should get somebody fired. That was mind boggling terrible. On the first play I sputtered at the TV, this had better not be a corner fade and then not one but three. FML :toilet:

Had enough of the it's a new offense and he's only had so many games bullshit too. The offense should be clicking by now, he's not the only first time coordinator in the NFL. Also, enough of the he runs the WCO/GB bullshit. Look I know they have more talent offensively then us, but I see no identity on offense and he seems to abandon what's working, Not sure if it's Eli changing plays or what, but like today they look crisp in opening drive and go back to conservative bullshit

Had enough of the it's a new offense and he's only had so many games bullshit too. The offense should be clicking by now, he's not the only first time coordinator in the NFL. Also, enough of the he runs the WCO/GB bullshit. Look I know they have more talent offensively then us, but I see no identity on offense and he seems to abandon what's working, Not sure if it's Eli changing plays or what, but like today they look crisp in opening drive and go back to conservative bullshit

Three calls that made me very aware we weren't going to score any more points: the 3rd and 9 playaction from the shotgun where Eli had about half a second to let the ball go or get sacked and he ended up throwing a pick was the first one (who the hell are you trying to fool, you aren't running in that situation). The second was the short, WR stick route to Beckham that Borland jumped (and then he went BACK to it and if not for some luck, it would have been picked AGAIN). The third was the swing pass to Andre Williams with a minute and 90 yards of field to go.

I may be reading too much into it, but one thing that stood out to me this week is that none of the offensive skill guys have any confidence in the offensive line. Jennings in particular left a lot of yards on the field. Eli didn't seem to have much confidence in the pocket either, especially when Aldon Smith was in the game (what a difference maker that guy is).

I feel like the best plays in the playbook these days involve moving the pocket. Eli isn't bad on the move, and it seems to be the only way he can get a decent passing lane these days.

The defense again was not bad yesterday, but Kaepernick I think is proving to be the kind of mediocre quarterback who can be had by scheme alone.

So you're still watching football or what? You were pretty detailed there mna.

So you're still watching football or what? You were pretty detailed there mna.

I've been watching just Giants games until they're down by 3TDs. So in other words, I'm watching about 2 quarters of football per week... down from the 4-5 games per week I was watching two years ago.

As some above note, it's more a personnel problem than coaching. Hard to judge an OC when the OL allows a jail break on almost every pass play and get blown off the line on running plays. We have one tremendous receiver, who defenses are loading up on and the other receivers don't get much, if any separation......so we have an offense that can't run the ball, can't protect and receivers are rarely - or barely - open. I hate the fucking fade with a passion, so I'm not advocating for it's use, you understand, but I think McAdoo felt like his options from the 4 were limited because of those deficiencies.

For the record, my call from the couch was a run on 1st or 2nd down and a conventional shot into the end zone before 4th down.....but then, the conventional shot we finally took on 4th down never had a chance. Guess that goes back to our receivers inability to get quick separation. What we really needed was for Odell to catch the long pass in the end zone, not the 4!

Defensively, I thought they had a nice bounce back game yesterday. Considering we're playing with guys in the secondary I had never heard of before last month, LBs who wouldn't start almost anywhere else and a frequently invisible supposed superstar in JPP, this unit stood their ground all day, despite being put on the field in tough spots time after time. This isn't the D I want, or the DC but I give credit where credit is due.

As for Coughlan, you know I'm a supporter. I still think he's one of the best at getting the most out of a team. We just don't have much of a team right now. However, I recognize that every coach has a shelf life and sometimes, it's just time........and you could make the argument that we're getting there with TC. Roster needs an overhaul, so maybe time to let TC relax and play more golf. But the idea that he's not an excellent coach - a HOF coach - is just silly.

Reese isn't perfect but as has been pointed out by some enlightened posters here recently, neither is any GM. Gotta stack him against others, not just tally his misses. Anyway, it's pointless to discuss - he's not going anywhere. Giants just don't operate that way.

I've been watching just Giants games until they're down by 3TDs. So in other words, I'm watching about 2 quarters of football per week... down from the 4-5 games per week I was watching two years ago.

Ain't that the truth. During college, I was so into it

I may be reading too much into it, but one thing that stood out to me this week is that none of the offensive skill guys have any confidence in the offensive line. Jennings in particular left a lot of yards on the field. Eli didn't seem to have much confidence in the pocket either, especially when Aldon Smith was in the game (what a difference maker that guy is).

I feel like the best plays in the playbook these days involve moving the pocket. Eli isn't bad on the move, and it seems to be the only way he can get a decent passing lane these days.

The defense again was not bad yesterday, but Kaepernick I think is proving to be the kind of mediocre quarterback who can be had by scheme alone.

Agreed with your comments.

I actually don't remember yesterday's game... I know I didn't get to watch the last quarter or so... but I also missed our first drive which allegedly was magical... maybe it's because I'd much rather blow up the whole thing and start getting new faces in... draft positioning matters.

Those three corner fades in a row when the game was on the line should get somebody fired. That was mind boggling terrible. On the first play I sputtered at the TV, this had better not be a corner fade and then not one but three. FML :toilet:

I swear to God Gilbride is hiding in the box upstairs calling the plays. Fades, swing passes and inside draws. Hey that slant worked great! Don't call it again!

I swear to God Gilbride is hiding in the box upstairs calling the plays. Fades, swing passes and inside draws. Hey that slant worked great! Don't call it again!

Makes you wonder how much of Coughlin is in that playbook; I am going to say a lot. Gilbride said as much that it was the same offense with different nomenclature.

Makes you wonder how much of Coughlin is in that playbook; I am going to say a lot. Gilbride said as much that it was the same offense with different nomenclature.

THIS... it reeks of his stubbornness and inability to stay with what works... very little these days... :P

He's an enigma. I think when he's having a temper tantrum with the refs, he's subliminally calling in the draw play.