SportsWrath

49ers v Eagles

JMFP

there was one play in particular towards the end of the game where he started right and then countered left. i was sure he was goign to be able to turn the corner up the sideline but they caught him at the line of scrimmage. that made me think he was a little hobbled but there's been no injury reported.

the niners are a great run defense, there's no shame in having a bad game against them on the road with your o-line injured so im not putting a ton of stock in this game. i still think they're a 10-11 win team but i didn't count on the giants o-line (seemingly) putting it together this quickly so we might have a fight on our hands

there was one play in particular towards the end of the game where he started right and then countered left. i was sure he was goign to be able to turn the corner up the sideline but they caught him at the line of scrimmage. that made me think he was a little hobbled but there's been no injury reported.

the niners are a great run defense, there's no shame in having a bad game against them on the road with your o-line injured so im not putting a ton of stock in this game. i still think they're a 10-11 win team but i didn't count on the giants o-line (seemingly) putting it together this quickly so we might have a fight on our hands

None whatsoever. There's a lot of football left and things will just keep getting better as our injured linemen return. I'm not even a little bit concerned. We're 3-1.

thats one of the plays I'm thinking of, although I don't think that one was designed to go left.

No shame in losing to a good team on the road, but reports before the game were that the 49ers defense was decimated by injury. But I don't really know much about the 49ers this year though, so I don't know, that may be just ESPN bullshit.

thats one of the plays I'm thinking of, although I don't think that one was designed to go left.

No shame in losing to a good team on the road, but reports before the game were that the 49ers defense was decimated by injury. But I don't really know much about the 49ers this year though, so I don't know, that may be just ESPN bullshit.

I still don't think the 9ers are a "good team." Their offense made our defense look top notch and we have a lot of injuries on our D. Kaep is mediocre at best. And we were still in it up until the last minute even without an O line so take it for what it's worth.

I still don't think the 9ers are a "good team." Their offense made our defense look top notch and we have a lot of injuries on our D. Kaep is mediocre at best. And we were still in it up until the last minute even without an O line so take it for what it's worth.

true... my impression was that I was watching two middling teams. It was kind of a good game, but it wasn't exactly playoff caliber football either.

They pretty much shut down the Eagles offense without their 2 best players on the field. If it weren't for turnovers, that was a slaughter.

None whatsoever. There's a lot of football left and things will just keep getting better as our injured linemen return. I'm not even a little bit concerned. We're 3-1.

No concern here.

It's not like The Eagles were going undefeated.

And people need to cut out that "The Refs gave The Eagles games" shit. :laugh:

The refs blow calls all the time and it's just dumb to think that way, especially in The NFL.

So The Eagles missing 3 All-Pro caliber OLine men had nothing to do with that?

Maybe it did. You figure a good team can protect a 21-3 lead. I think there's a problem with the Chip Kelley offense when it comes to playing with a lead. They don't burn a lot of clock.

Yet you freely discuss the Giants shortcomings.

This IS a Giants board is it not? Seems like the best place to have such a "free" discussion. Our offense was hampered by injuries to the linemen. I knew that it wouldn't be pretty going into that game and I "freely" addmitted that. What shocked the hell out of me was how our rag-tag patchwork defense actually looked pretty damned good. Add to that our special teams group had a really good showing as well. All in all, it was a pretty good game all things considered. I never thought for a minute we'd be leading or still have a fighting chance down to the last minute. In short... I'll take it. we're 3-1 headed into next week against the Rams and as I said before our injured guys start coming back this week, so buckle up. ;)

And people need to cut out that "The Refs gave The Eagles games" shit. :laugh:

The refs blow calls all the time and it's just dumb to think that way, especially in The NFL.

Not if we're having an intelligent discussion, we don't.

In a 3 or 4 game sample size, things like referee errors can matter a lot. It will even out in the long run, which is exactly the reason I bring it up.

(I actually thought the Eagles got the short end of the stick yesterday, but probably not enough to swing the game.)

This IS a Giants board is it not? Seems like the best place to have such a "free" discussion. Our offense was hampered by injuries to the linemen. I knew that it wouldn't be pretty going into that game and I "freely" addmitted that. What shocked the hell out of me was how our rag-tag patchwork defense actually looked pretty damned good. Add to that our special teams group had a really good showing as well. All in all, it was a pretty good game all things considered. I never thought for a minute we'd be leading or still have a fighting chance down to the last minute. In short... I'll take it. we're 3-1 headed into next week against the Rams and as I said before our injured guys start coming back this week, so buckle up. ;)

Discuss away, should keep us busy for a while. The Giants have plenty of shortcomings these days.

I'm under no delusion that the Giants are the class of the division. Happy to see some potential from the Giants, and some fresh weaknesses out of Philly while I'm at it, but convincing wins against weak opposition don't get me very excited. And then there's the agony of a surprising Cowboys team... ugh. Anybody but Dallas.

They pretty much shut down the Eagles offense without their 2 best players on the field. If it weren't for turnovers, that was a slaughter.

So The Eagles missing 3 All-Pro caliber OLine men had nothing to do with that?

I'm sure it did, but the 49ers were missing All Pro caliber players too.

Pretty sure Aldon Smith brings more to the table than any offensive lineman you could put on the field, outside of a future hall of famer.

Not if we're having an intelligent discussion, we don't.

In a 3 or 4 game sample size, things like referee errors can matter a lot. It will even out in the long run, which is exactly the reason I bring it up.

(I actually thought the Eagles got the short end of the stick yesterday, but probably not enough to swing the game.)

Any team should be able to put up enough points to overcome a few bad calls.

saints are pathetic on the road and dallas continues to suffer injuries on defense. i don't think they can hold it together all season. i would bet a pretty sizeable amount on demarco murray not playing 16 games too

Word. The Giants win over the skins was a convincing one in that it seems your offense has found a rhythm. The cowballs are still suspect IMO. The comeback against the Rams wasn't epic and i'm not convinced that the Saints weren't just THAT bad last night.