SportsWrath

Predict your busts

HOUND

The only "bust" that I can see coming out of the first round is Tamba Hali, I don't think that he is going into a particularly good situation in KC..... I know he is going to get the opportunity to play opposite Jared Allen & will also have Kendrell Bell & Derrick Johnson playing behind him but I don't think that much of any of KC's defensive tackles & aside from Surtain they are without a playmaker in their secondary. I don't think much of Hali's talent level to begin with, coupled with the fact that there isn't a whole ton of talent around him I just can't see him having a significant impact on a team that finished 25'th in team defense.

The only "bust" that I can see coming out of the first round is Tamba Hali, I don't think that he is going into a particularly good situation in KC..... I know he is going to get the opportunity to play opposite Jared Allen & will also have Kendrell Bell & Derrick Johnson playing behind him but I don't think that much of any of KC's defensive tackles & aside from Surtain they are without a playmaker in their secondary. I don't think much of Hali's talent level to begin with, coupled with the fact that there isn't a whole ton of talent around him I just can't see him having a significant impact on a team that finished 25'th in team defense.

Agreed on Hali. I'm not high on tweener types who aren't landing in OLB positions in 3-4's. Hali will have the same responsibilities as any 4-3 DE and I don't think physically he can match up.

The only first rounder that will bust IMO is McCargo. There might be quite a few that disapoint and dont live up to those first round expectations but overall I thought this was a solid first round of talent, a lot of which that spilled into the second.

Guest Lockhart

Willie Jo is an easy one as he has already been a bust............Arrington has been a bust since 2003, and Eli looked like a schoolgirl late last season. Plaxico disappeared the second half of the season and Emmons and Shockey will both be on the trainer's table by October.

Willie Jo is an easy one as he has already been a bust............Arrington has been a bust since 2003, and Eli looked like a schoolgirl late last season. Plaxico disappeared the second half of the season and Emmons and Shockey will both be on the trainer's table by October.

Another brillaint, bitter post by Johnny Cakes lockhart. :LMAO: Typical bitter, hateful post, from a jealous loser who couldn't hack it as a college team water boy wannabe.

I actually like Hali, and I actually think that Accorsie would have taken him before Kiwi, IMO. He may not have the size/speed that Kiwi has, but he's got a great motor and work ethic, and something about his playing style reminds me a bit of Strahan. Plus, KC's defense hasn't been much in a long time, but KC has taken steps to improve that defense over the years, and I think Hali is going to benefit from some of the above players you mentioned.

McCargo, I know a lot of people don't like this pick, but, the guy is going to get plenty of opportunities to play in Buffalo, and while he most likely won't become a superstar, I think he can become a nice player for the Bills.

I think Leinart will be a bust, along the lines of Joey Harrington. In the end, only time will tell.
Leinhart may be in a better position to become a very solid qb with the cards warner can squeeze out 16 games without going down he played in a nfl type system at sc and has a good supporting cast around him.The cards have some studs on O. Young is my pick for Bust he will get thrown in too quickly and will have problems with the speed of the game. Plus I don't like qb's that try to make plays by running all over the place too much speed and power in the nfl d fence now. Watched him taking snaps from under center at camp on espn and he dropped two.

I think Leinart will be a bust, along the lines of Joey Harrington. In the end, only time will tell.

Unlike Harrington, Leinart has PROVEN talent around him. He'll be fine. I don't think he's going to be special but he's going to win games in Arizona.

Unlike Harrington, Leinart has PROVEN talent around him. He'll be fine. I don't think he's going to be special but he's going to win games in Arizona.

Are you inferring that Detorit didn't have enough weapons for Harrington to succeed, becuase if that's the case, I couldn't disagree more.