SportsWrath

Giants linebackers looking to lead defense.

Good idea. Clearly not worth the effort. Bleedin's mind is made up that "dude" is an insult, and anyone who disagrees with him is not a grown man. So there it is.

Good point. Screw it, BRO.

Saying "dude" to my post was the first shot of insults...and I'm sure you know that. If you disagree with me and think Kennard is a bust already, then explain your position. Don't insult me because you disagree. And saying "dude" is not only disrespectful, it's assholish and a kid thing. I'm not a kid anymore and have low tolerance of kids who act like assholes.

dude, no.

Pics or GTFO, Dude.

Just returned from the doctors office to have my bandages removed and to check for any abnormalities.

Here's your picture asshole:

82i4nzs.jpg

It's not every day you meet someone who ridicules a person battling cancer. I may be a lot of things and I certainly have my faults, but one thing I'm not and have never been accused of is being a liar. I really had no intentions of sharing my personal health issues with strangers on the internet...I simply let you know that I've been testy lately and it has everything to do with the last two weeks getting cut up, analyzed, cut up some more, blood taken to see if it's spread, etc., and being coached about what I need to know if it is coming back. This is something that I have only shared with my kids and grandkids and two very close friends.

Regardless...this is exactly the kind of stuff that caused me to abandon the old Giants message board years ago. People who prefer to get personal and insulting instead of discussing football like men.

This is why I think in a best case scenario he might be a player in the mold of Antonio Pierce. The question is whether his intelligence and instincts will be held back by his lack of athleticism.

Still though, Reese has drafted a ton of guys who are athletes, who have sucked. It's sort of refreshing to take a chance on a guy who clearly understands the game.

Blackburn had pedestrian speed, and the Giants won 2 Super Bowls with him on the team. Even when AP was a younger player, he never had top shelf athletic skill.

So much of the game is knowing what to do.

My feelings exactly. Reese has put so much emphasis on athleticism, combine numbers, backflips and speed, and subsequently whiffing with the exception of JPP. Other teams focus on whether or not a kid coming out of college is a football player instead of a track star or circus star.

We got Bromley with 10 sacks, a leader, and instinctive football player. 4-year starter Berhe who led the team in tackles and is known as one tough son of a bitch of a football player. And of course, 4-year starter Kennard who had 9 sacks and is a genuine football player with football smarts and personal integrity.

It will be interesting to see if drafting football players instead of 3-cone athletes and speed demons pays off. I think it will and certainly hope it will. Reese had pretty much bet his career on it.

Just returned from the doctors office to have my bandages removed and to check for any abnormalities.

It's not every day you meet someone who ridicules a person battling cancer. I may be a lot of things and I certainly have my faults, but one thing I'm not and have never been accused of is being a liar. I really had no intentions of sharing my personal health issues with strangers on the internet...I simply let you know that I've been testy lately and it has everything to do with the last two weeks getting cut up, analyzed, cut up some more, blood taken to see if it's spread, etc., and being coached about what I need to know if it is coming back. This is something that I have only shared with my kids and grandkids and two very close friends.

Regardless...this is exactly the kind of stuff that caused me to abandon the old Giants message board years ago. People who prefer to get personal and insulting instead of discussing football like men.

I seriously was just busting your balls there (i.e. joking with you). I figured you'd be able to at least sort that out.

I wouldn't wish cancer on even my worst enemy...and whether you choose to believe it or not, I wish you the best in your battle.

I seriously was just busting your balls there (i.e. joking with you). I figured you'd be able to at least sort that out.

I wouldn't wish cancer on even my worst enemy...and whether you choose to believe it or not, I wish you the best in your battle.

Thanks...according to the doc, he thinks we got it. It is unnerving to have a doctor call you in and tell you that your test results show malignancy. It sucks. Regardless...I just want to talk football. It's my fucking passion and I hate the kind of shit that goes on over at the old Giants board and that's what I felt this was turning into.

Thanks...according to the doc, he thinks we got it. It is unnerving to have a doctor call you in and tell you that your test results show malignancy. It sucks. Regardless...I just want to talk football. It's my fucking passion and I hate the kind of shit that goes on over at the old Giants board and that's what I felt this was turning into.

To be fair you're the one who kicked it all off.

Regardless though, this isnt the site for personal attacks, well this isnt the section anyways.

Most of that is left to P&R and general.

I hope everything turns out good for you and you recover well, with how passionate you are on these forums I'm sure you'll have no problem kicking cancers ass as well.

We need you over in the P&R section keeping all those pesky libs straight.

BB.....I really hope everything turns out okay....sorry for your medical issues.

82i4nzs.jpg

Holy shit Bleedin I'm willing to bet gmenroc was fucking around when he asked for pix.

Now all joking aside I hope everything is ok with you.

82i4nzs.jpg

Damn BB....hang in there, I have an Irish buddy going through the same thing....not fun but he is going to be fine. Hope you will be too.

C. Wagon

Depends on if He abides or not.

Haha, it would have to be, "the wizened, well-respected, scholarly gentleman abides".

• 9 months later...

The player that could surprise may be fifth-round pick Devon Kennard. He likely is the most versatile. That gives him the best chance to see the field sooner rather than later.The Giants plan to start Kennard at middle linebacker, where there should be ample opportunity to surpass Mark Herzlich as Jon Beason's primary backup. If Kennard wins that job, Beason does have a pretty significant injury history.Kennard will likely also learn the strongside linebacker position and be rotated in training camp as a situational pass rusher. Starting strongside linebacker Jameel McClain is less than a year removed from a serious neck injury and the Giants' pass rush is filled with question marks."He can rush the passer from the edge and he has been in the middle, so we are going to throw him in there and see if he can play middle 'backer, outside 'backer, SAM and put his hand down sometimes, too," vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross said after Kennard's selection with the 174th-overall pick. "It is up to [defensive coordinator Perry [Fewell] how he wants to use him, but he has done all three and we feel like he definitely right away can be thrown in at middle [linebacker] and then go from there."Kennard, 22, would seem the most likely of the Giants' mid-to-late-round picks to contribute immediately for a variety of reasons. He has football in his bloodlines (father Derek was an offensive lineman for the Cardinals, Saints and Cowboys) and blew away the Giants with his knowledge of the game during his visit with the team. He also played at a football factory like USC. This should allow Kennard to adjust more seamlessly than most of the others during his rookie year."He was great on the board, he did an excellent job of that. He really convinced the coaches that he was a really sharp football player, a multiple position guy, a guy that would come in here and play the linebacker position for us, which is what he'll do," coach Tom Coughlin said. "So we're excited about that."Kennard has talent too, otherwise he wouldn't have started as a freshman for Pete Carroll at USC. But he never seemed to get settled with the Trojans, switching positions every year as Carroll left for Seattle and USC continually tinkered with its defense. Kennard played four positions (strongside LB, middle LB, defensive end and outside linebacker) in four years, but at least it has provided him a wide web of football knowledge.---------------------------BTW pdub - that is straight out of NJ.comYou should write the author and simply respond to him with "Lebowski"...so others can scratch their head and wonder why an asshole kid is writing who thinks he's cool to simply say "Lebowski" as if Beavis and Butthead was the only show he ever watched and wanted to emulate their life.

Heeeeeeeeeeyy, I like Bevis and Butthead!