SportsWrath

Watching NFL Network

JMFP

I've actually been extremely disappointed in nfl network since it started airing around here. I thought I'd watch it constantly but most of the time it's unwatchable.

I dont bother turning on in the am anymore... just horrible talk show format, it's like they are trying to emulate the Today show or something....

I dont bother turning on in the am anymore... just horrible talk show format, it's like they are trying to emulate the Today show or something....

I do like other programming they have, the documentary stuff, football life etc.

I've actually been extremely disappointed in nfl network since it started airing around here. I thought I'd watch it constantly but most of the time it's unwatchable.

When the NFL network first started to air it was probably at it's best, it was actually what it set out to be, a NFL channel meant for NFL news and segments, analyzed by past/current coaches and guys who knew what they were taking about.

Now it's basically Fox News for the NFL, with the occasional NFL documentary.

I don't blame them with what they did with the NFL network I mean it exploded once it got popular, but once they started hiring guys like Micheal Irvan and Warren Sapp and getting less air time for Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock (although he's basically on 24/7 during draft time) and NFL coaches, they basically gave up on broadcasting/analyzing NFL news and just entertaining people.

When the NFL network first started to air it was probably at it's best, it was actually what it set out to be, a NFL channel meant for NFL news and segments, analyzed by past/current coaches and guys who knew what they were taking about.

Now it's basically Fox News for the NFL, with the occasional NFL documentary.

I don't blame them with what they did with the NFL network I mean it exploded once it got popular, but once they started hiring guys like Micheal Irvan and Warren Sapp and getting less air time for Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock (although he's basically on 24/7 during draft time) and NFL coaches, they basically gave up on broadcasting/analyzing NFL news and just entertaining people.

You nailed it, I loved it when it first came out. Now ...eh not so much.

ESPN fell to the same concept though..... I used to really love ESPN, now, I dont even bother to tune in.... at all.

Yeah... but how else will you find out if it's possible to beat another team 3 times in one season? I mean, has anyone ever done that?

Have brothers ever gone head-to-head in the Super Bowl as HCs?

Is Jerome Bettis from Detroit?

These questions need to be answered, and NFL Network is there 24/7 to do it.

it gets to the point where it's just a 24 hour promotion of the league... and when there's a need to fill airtime, a lot of nonsense happens.

it gets to the point where it's just a 24 hour promotion of the league... and when there's a need to fill airtime, a lot of nonsense happens.

Oh, it changed I guess. Last year it was better

I still watch it all the time. Gameday morning did start to suck during the season. ESPN is unwatchable now, because it's 24 hours of the NBA/Lebron, for the most part. The NFL Network is airing Path to the Draft now and it's awesome. NFL AM did change their format and it used to much better, they have some silly stuff on it now from time to time. Last week they had dynasty week with 60's Packers, but it was more Favre coverage then anything to do with the 60's Packers.

Yeah... but how else will you find out if it's possible to beat another team 3 times in one season? I mean, has anyone ever done that?

Have brothers ever gone head-to-head in the Super Bowl as HCs?

Is Jerome Bettis from Detroit?

These questions need to be answered, and NFL Network is there 24/7 to do it.

More like 'does it 247 times a day'.