SportsWrath

Sheff not getting better

mickeef2

Link

"I just learned that it's best to worry about yourself when it comes to things like this, and that's what I'm doing," Sheffield added. "I'm going to worry about me and when I get right, I'll let you know. That's the way it goes."

"I'm just not going to go out there and play injured anymore," Sheffield said. "Like I said before: Been there, done that, not doing it again. It's just that simple. ... When it's right, I'll play. Until then, I'm not playing."

How soon before the press or Yankee fans start insinuating that he's milking it because of the whole contract thing? I'm not saying that's what he's doing, but his comments sound just a little defiant. I'm just wondering if he'd be playing through it, or at least trying to, or if he would've made these comments, if they'd picked up the option.

i fully expect melky cabrera to be starting next year in right field... i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing though. i have no idea who's in free agency this year, i certainly hope we just go with cabrera and save the money or spend it on the bullpen. no need for more offense

Link

"I just learned that it's best to worry about yourself when it comes to things like this, and that's what I'm doing," Sheffield added. "I'm going to worry about me and when I get right, I'll let you know. That's the way it goes."

"I'm just not going to go out there and play injured anymore," Sheffield said. "Like I said before: Been there, done that, not doing it again. It's just that simple. ... When it's right, I'll play. Until then, I'm not playing."

How soon before the press or Yankee fans start insinuating that he's milking it because of the whole contract thing? I'm not saying that's what he's doing, but his comments sound just a little defiant. I'm just wondering if he'd be playing through it, or at least trying to, or if he would've made these comments, if they'd picked up the option.

There's nothing subtle about Shef. I hope he doesn't spread that attitude through the clubhouse. He'll be lucky to find a team, talking shit like that.