SportsWrath

Tuck to test free agency

BleedinBlue

"DE Justin Tuck is prepped to test the free agency market for the first time in his career. He will not re-sign with the Giants before he is set to become a free agent and he will test out the waters, but he wont rule out signing back with the team.

I will see what the market is for me, Tuck said during a Super Bowl promotional appearance. Ive never been in this situation before, and its a great opportunity for myself. I would be doing myself a disservice if I didnt see what the market is, and I will".

Read more at: http://nflspinzone.com/2014/01/30/justin-tuck-will-test-free-agency/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Let's see, since he's been here, how many DEs have been drafted after him? I'm sure the 'you can never have enough pass rushers' sounds great to fans and talking heads, but what about the guy who's held down the fort, and held his own, through it all.

I think the Giants and Tuck have probably talked already and come to a figure that Tuck, might try to beat by going elsewhere. If it were high enough, I'm guessing Tuck would've signed, but the Giants probably came in lower than Tuck expected. He may still field offers and take them back to the Giants and essentially make himself a voluntary RFA as opposed to an UFA, but who knows.

I still think the Giants should retain EITHER Kiwi or Tuck AND Joseph on the D-Line. Because of what Joseph is likely to demand, Kiwi might be the one to sign. Kiwi, JPP, and Moore on the ends is fine by me.

Let's see, since he's been here, how many DEs have been drafted after him? I'm sure the 'you can never have enough pass rushers' sounds great to fans and talking heads, but what about the guy who's held down the fort, and held his own, through it all.

I think the Giants and Tuck have probably talked already and come to a figure that Tuck, might try to beat by going elsewhere. If it were high enough, I'm guessing Tuck would've signed, but the Giants probably came in lower than Tuck expected. He may still field offers and take them back to the Giants and essentially make himself a voluntary RFA as opposed to an UFA, but who knows.

I still think the Giants should retain EITHER Kiwi or Tuck AND Joseph on the D-Line. Because of what Joseph is likely to demand, Kiwi might be the one to sign. Kiwi, JPP, and Moore on the ends is fine by me.

Bart Hubbuch @HubbuchNYP 7h

Tuck also told me the Giants asked to meet with him in early February to discuss his future but that he intends to hit the FA market anyway.

and kiwanuka is under contract for another 2 years.

I have no faith in Reese to retain Tuck, nor draft an adequate replacement.

I have no faith in Reese to retain Tuck, nor draft an adequate replacement.

It's a business and there's always salary cap... If you look at Tuck v2013 he was good... The 2 years before that not so much ... You make a fair offer and let the chops fall where they may.

This is bullshit. The guys is a multi-millionaire and thats not even counting his Subway deal. How about a little loyalty to the team that believed in you first. Im a lil upset in case you couldnt fucking tell.

They're not going to win a championship with him. I don't mean because of him, I think they are a couple of years off. He could be an important piece of a team on the rise. Like the Cardinals or the Chiefs. Giants need youth and speed on D

I always thought Tuck was going to be the next Strahan, leadership-wise. I never realized just how big Strah's personality was until there was no one to fill that void. Tuck's been good for us except after his neck injury, he wasn't quite the same. I'll miss him if he goes, I hate when long time Giants leave. Hell, I didn't like Warner leaving at first (God I wish I knew which one of you fuckers was "WarnerIsGod" aka WIG). Sentimentals aside, good luck to him whatever happens.

Well Tuck is going to see some decent offers thrown his way. With Justin Tuck and Linval Joseph looking forward to free agency, we're going to see a very different defensive line next season.

JPP - Hankins - Moore

Kiwi rotates in. Who else?

JPP - Hankins - Moore

Kiwi rotates in. Who else?

We still have the vets we got fro the Eagles.. at least they can be resigned... both were pretty good in 2013... and I have to believe the Giants will draft a DE at some point... AND try to retain Tuck.

Well Tuck is going to see some decent offers thrown his way. With Justin Tuck and Linval Joseph looking forward to free agency, we're going to see a very different defensive line next season.

I love the guy too, but I think moving forward signing Joseph is a much bigger priority than Tuck. Unless it's a very cap-friendly deal I can't see us spending much on him; we simply can't bank on a full, productive season out of him.

Like I said, he would be foolish not to test the market..and he will most likely get an offer the giants wont be willing to match.

like others have said, this team is rebuilding, no need to sign pricey veterens..even our own.

Besides, I really want to see what DaMonster can do..even if he doesnt play end..Tuck leaving will surely open up some playing time for the youngster.

Like I said, he would be foolish not to test the market..and he will most likely get an offer the giants wont be willing to match.

like others have said, this team is rebuilding, no need to sign pricey veterens..even our own.

Besides, I really want to see what DaMonster can do..even if he doesnt play end..Tuck leaving will surely open up some playing time for the youngster.

I, too, want to see more out of Moore...and Hankins for that matter.