SportsWrath

The perks of my job...

Dragon

Year baseball is worst by far. Then QBs then football.

Although I met Elway in the shriners hospital and he was just great with the kids.That's when he was at Stanford though.

Baseball is filled with uneducated slobs who get the big contract and think they are avatars of GOD... :P

Year baseball is worst by far. Then QBs then football.

Although I met Elway in the shriners hospital and he was just great with the kids.That's when he was at Stanford though.

Looking from afar...and hearing from my cousin who is in the television industry having done stints at NBC and local channel 11... Phil Simms is a pompous prick... chip on his shoulder from the day George Young had the Giants start the abortive Dave Brown Era... ;)

I also met Joe Morris when I was little at a card show. Got his autograph but I was star struck and barely said a word. My dad still makes fun of me for that haha.

Joe Morris sold me long distance service. He pitched me for 10 minutes, he had me at hello.

I've been to training camp 3 times and CANNOT get Eli's autograph to save my life. When I went in 2011, Tuck stood out there for close to 90 minutes signing for everyone that was there. The guy is incredibly humble. Other than that I saw (but couldn't get close enough to speak to) Michael Strahan at the NYC Auto Show.

I've met a number of baseball and football players over the years and have a passing acquaintance with a handful of former players through my involvement in youth sports. But the best name on my "who I have met" list would be Jack Dempsey. I was about 12 years old when my father brought me to his restaurant on 8th Ave. We were eating lunch and Jack walked in. My father said to me, "go shake hands with Jack Dempsey". His hand completely enveloped mine. I told him I'd read his biography and he smiled, said thank you and "enjoy your lunch". What gives me a warm glow to this day is the memory of my father beaming as I returned to our table.

I just met a former Met pitcher who used to be a starter (is now out of the game), I don't want to say who... but he pitched to Piazza. I asked him what he thought about the BBWAA excluding Piazza from the Hall again despite no credible evidence of him being a user of banned substances. It was really disappointing to here him tell me his thoughts on it. Basically, he said that he had his suspicions. He said back when baseball almost locked out the players, Donald Fehr, who was at the time the Executive Director of the Baseball Players Association, was in the locker room all the time, of course, being in New York. He remembered Piazza always being one of the loudest detractors complaining to Fehr about the proposed testing programs that baseball was wanting to implement. He told me Piazza was REALLY anti-testing, and made that very clear. He told me that it was one of those things where he didn't think it was a big deal if you were clean. He had no problems with it, saying "no problem, test me." If you're clean, even if you disagree with it, it certainly raised his eyebrows that he was THAT vocal in opposition about it.

Anyway, he was a nice guy, even though he kind of soured my opinion of one of my favorite Met heroes.

I just met a former Met pitcher who used to be a starter (is now out of the game), I don't want to say who... but he pitched to Piazza. I asked him what he thought about the BBWAA excluding Piazza from the Hall again despite no credible evidence of him being a user of banned substances. It was really disappointing to here him tell me his thoughts on it. Basically, he said that he had his suspicions. He said back when baseball almost locked out the players, Donald Fehr, who was at the time the Executive Director of the Baseball Players Association, was in the locker room all the time, of course, being in New York. He remembered Piazza always being one of the loudest detractors complaining to Fehr about the proposed testing programs that baseball was wanting to implement. He told me Piazza was REALLY anti-testing, and made that very clear. He told me that it was one of those things where he didn't think it was a big deal if you were clean. He had no problems with it, saying "no problem, test me." If you're clean, even if you disagree with it, it certainly raised his eyebrows that he was THAT vocal in opposition about it.

Anyway, he was a nice guy, even though he kind of soured my opinion of one of my favorite Met heroes.

I dont understand a single thing in this post.

I'm pretty good friends with farily prominent NHL hockey player. He's had a house down the shore just 2 doors away from mine for some time now. Over the years I've met a whole bunch of his teammates and friends and with the exception of only a few, they're all really chill guys, not at all prima donnas or full of themselves. Maybe it's the setting, I don't know, but I've met other pro athletes, though briefly and in a public forum, and most of them seemed to be arrogant douche bags.

I've literally met dozens and dozens of baseball players and the most down to earth ones were David Wright, Kevin Millar and David Cone. I helped out Cone during the summer at my job, great guy and wanted to ask him about the time he was caught jerking it in the bullpen in front of 3 girls.

I helped out Rangers goalie Henrik Lunquivst at my job too, he was a real down to earth guy. Terry Collins, the Mets manager was too. Plus Collins talked to us for about 20 minutes about certain players and situations.

I was staying at the Intercontinental Hotel in London after the Giants v Miami game in 07.

Managed to get into the Miami team party after the game at the same hotel ( whilst wearing my #80 Shockey )

Got talking to Jason Taylor at the bar for 20 minutes and bought him a whisky, What a bloody great guy.

The Miami players and coaches were so relaxed and friendly in London it was an amazing experience.

Did Richie Incognito attempt to sodomize anyone?

C. Wagon

This... I've met about half of the 86' Mets (At a charity event for cognitively delayed children and adults) .... Class A Number One Assholes the whole bunch. The last of the hard drugging, sexing, and liquor drinking "champions". Personally I was never into the meet the star athlete thing and always appreciated the athletes who would publicly state that they were not role models along with stating that a kid should look up to his parents. Or some variation thereof... :D

They let Kevin Mitchell near kids....kids with developmental disabilities....holy fuck....did he kill any cats?

C. Wagon

Mike P was probably afraid he'd test positive for sperm Jimmy.

C. Wagon

I went to an Islanders game once and came home with 2 Steve Thomas bobblehead dolls. So seeing as normal people only need one, I sold the other on e-bay.

The buyer was Steve Thomas's dad.

Fucking head came off the bobblehead in transit. Had to refund him the money. He was very cool about it though.