SportsWrath

Atlanta Braves (12-17) at New York Mets (20-9) at 1:10 on 5/6/06

Plax 4 Prez

14 inning game the night before......

bullpen completely taxed.......

starting pitcher goes down in the 2nd inning.....

Darren Oliver comes in and keeps his team in the game .......

Braves have one of their Met killing aces on the mound......

Sanchez, Wagner and Heilman are UNAVAILABLE....

What do the Mets do??

They win the fucking game.

Its games like that that good teams are made of. A resilient effort and probably the most proud I have been of a Met team in quite some time. Yeah its one game in MAY, but no one way hell in years past do the Mets win that game like they did today with the circumstances.

I am starting to believe the mets are a good team :TU:

14 inning game the night before......

bullpen completely taxed.......

starting pitcher goes down in the 2nd inning.....

Darren Oliver comes in and keeps his team in the game .......

Braves have one of their Met killing aces on the mound......

Sanchez, Wagner and Heilman are UNAVAILABLE....

What do the Mets do??

They win the fucking game.

Its games like that that good teams are made of. A resilient effort and probably the most proud I have been of a Met team in quite some time. Yeah its one game in MAY, but no one way hell in years past do the Mets win that game like they did today with the circumstances.

I am starting to believe the mets are a good team :TU:

Don't get too excited buddy... the real test starts Tuesday, we have the Phillies for 3 game on the road, the Brewers on the road for 3 games, then on the road to the Cardinals for 3 games, then we have the Yanks at home which will be fun for 3 games, then the Phillies again at our home for 3 games.... the next 15 games are vs teams above .500 we'll see where we stand then....

Don't get too excited buddy... the real test starts Tuesday, we have the Phillies for 3 game on the road, the Brewers on the road for 3 games, then on the road to the Cardinals for 3 games, then we have the Yanks at home which will be fun for 3 games, then the Phillies again at our home for 3 games.... the next 15 games are vs teams above .500 we'll see where we stand then....

fuck that, those teams will see where they stand :TU:

no one is saying the mets are gonna win the ws, but good teams overcome obstacles like those.

These last two games really show what we are made of. We rarely win those types of games that we won last night, especially against the Braves. And xxi xxv brought up the major points of today's win. We've got a fun team that can put up some runs, can pitch, and most importantly, can win.

We've got a tough stretch coming up. It's games like these that can really get us rolling.

Lima time tomorrow, let's hope for a sweep!

The Mets are in such good shape at 21-9, that lets say they got 8-8 over the next "tough" 16(plus todays one game vs the Braves) games stretch. That puts them still at 28-17 heading into Memorial day. I expect to do better than 7-8 over those 15 games, so realistically speaking lets say the Mets go 9-6 or 8-7, they have put themselves in such a good spot that it will help them no matter what.

I'm not expecting too much out of this stretch. It appears that Zambrano will at least be out for this span of time, and that's another arm. Hopefully, Bannister continues to progress and returns soon.

The bullpen has been unbelievable so far. Keep it up guys.

I'm not expecting too much out of this stretch. It appears that Zambrano will at least be out for this span of time, and that's another arm. Hopefully, Bannister continues to progress and returns soon.

The bullpen has been unbelievable so far. Keep it up guys.

:rock: