SportsWrath

Brace yourselves

Lughead

All I can say is ....

That's a great, great rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus - I wonder if Handel himself ever had the opportunity to hear it at that level...or even played it like that in his mind as he scribbled the notes on paper 350 years ago.

That's a great, great rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus - I wonder if Handel himself ever had the opportunity to hear it at that level...or even played it like that in his mind as he scribbled the notes on paper 350 years ago.

Yes Brother Bleedin...its one of my favorites as well... though some purists hate it as its sung in 2/4 and 3/4 time as opposed to the slower more traditional 3/4 and 4/4 time. I have listened to the entire symphony five times... and this is my favorite. If I find the whole thing on YouTube or elsewhere I will pm you the link. :)

Yes Brother Bleedin...its one of my favorites as well... though some purists hate it as its sung in 2/4 and 3/4 time as opposed to the slower more traditional 3/4 and 4/4 time. I have listened to the entire symphony five times... and this is my favorite. If I find the whole thing on YouTube or elsewhere I will pm you the link. :)

Thanks - I'd appreciate it. I already stole it off Youtube (well, the chorus you posted) and added it to my play list. I'm not a huge classical music nut like a few people I know, but I am very fond of a few of the masters....all of Vivaldi, most of Mozart, Shubert's 8th, Beethoven's 9th, Pachelbel's Canon, and of course Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire". And, as faggish as it might sound, I love Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" even more than his 1812 Overture. I also like some of the modern classical artists like Copland's "Appalachian Spring" which I first heard way back in the 70's while watching "Roots". And of course, Gershwin. As a pianist, I ended up knowing more than I ever thought I'd know about classical music. In hindsight, it was a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, Handel nailed it with the Messiah. It sends chills up and down my spine and tears down my cheeks. I look forward to the day we stand before our creator and sing "Hallelujah" in perfect harmony.

Boy...the football guys are going to be saying, WTF? this is about football!!!

Regardless....Happy New Year! I'm going to bed now (even though it's 9:30 PM New Years Eve) because I have to work 10 hours tomorrow and get up at 5:00

Thanks - I'd appreciate it. I already stole it off Youtube (well, the chorus you posted) and added it to my play list. I'm not a huge classical music nut like a few people I know, but I am very fond of a few of the masters....all of Vivaldi, most of Mozart, Shubert's 8th, Beethoven's 9th, Pachelbel's Canon, and of course Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire". And, as faggish as it might sound, I love Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" even more than his 1812 Overture. I also like some of the modern classical artists like Copland's "Appalachian Spring" which I first heard way back in the 70's while watching "Roots". And of course, Gershwin. As a pianist, I ended up knowing more than I ever thought I'd know about classical music. In hindsight, it was a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, Handel nailed it with the Messiah. It sends chills up and down my spine and tears down my cheeks. I look forward to the day we stand before our creator and sing "Hallelujah" in perfect harmony.

Boy...the football guys are going to be saying, WTF? this is about football!!!

Regardless....Happy New Year! I'm going to bed now (even though it's 9:30 PM New Years Eve) because I have to work 10 hours tomorrow and get up at 5:00

Happy New Year Bro... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Some one might be feeling Nervous as a Turkey on the day before Thanksgiving

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-co-owner-gilbride-chopping-block-article-1.1571340

Kevin Gilbride made the decision to retire on his own. And according to John Mara, it’s a good thing he did.

The Giants co-owner left no doubt that Gilbride’s job was definitely in jeopardy because of what Mara called a “broken” Giants offense. During an interview on WFAN on Thursday afternoon, Mara said that the offensive coordinator definitely retired on his own.

But then he added “Fortunately it didn’t come to any type of situation where he had to be forced out.”

That supports what the Daily News had previously reported, that Gilbride made the retirement decision knowing that Mara had him in his sights. According to sources, Tom Coughlin was prepared to fight with Mara over the fate of his long-time assistant, until Gilbride told him there’d be no need because he was willing to step down on his own.

Mara, on WFAN, praised the job Gilbride did with the Giants in his 10 seasons as an assistant and seven seasons as the offensive coordinator. But he added “There’s no question our offense did not play well this year and really in a number of games just put us in a hole that we could not climb out of.

“I think going forward having a change is probably going to be good for us,” Mara said.

And the change may end up being bigger than expected. In his end-of-the-season press conference, Mara seemed to support the candidacy of Mike Sullivan, the former Giants quarterbacks coach who interviewed for Gilbride’s old job on Wednesday. But Sullivan coached a long time in Gilbride’s offense and ran a similar system as the offensive coordinator in Tampa Bay the last two seasons.

In his interview on WFAN, Mara said sometimes a bigger shake-up is needed.

“I think there are times where you have to do that, yes,” Mara said. “Nothing lasts forever and teams adjust to what you’re doing and sometimes you have to have some new ideas in there. I know Tom is thinking about that right now … I think that is a good thing to do every once in a while, yes.”

Coughlin has already interviewed one candidate from outside the organization – former Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains. Two more – Packers quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo and former Texans quarterbacks coach Karl Dorrell – are expected to interview in the coming days

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-co-owner-gilbride-chopping-block-article-1.1571340#ixzz2pwKlRpK4
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-co-owner-gilbride-chopping-block-article-1.1571340#ixzz2pwKlRpK4

LOL One reason I c@ped this is notice the website title. Also as for what Mara said. With Sully running the copy of Gilbride's Offense Hmmmmmmm.