SportsWrath

R.I.P. Bum Phillips

Lughead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLCIByjOzo

I always remembered Earl Campbell as a human tank...forgot how nimble he was...but boy could he deliver and take a shot...another reason why he was broken down at the end...look at 3:28 when he eats up the Rams defense including a decleater against #58 and at 3:38 when a Raider (Jack Tatum) launches at him like a missile...he absorbs it like Super Man and walks into the endzone. You don't see football like this from Earl to LT...the NFL is the No Fun League these days.

Here is a post Hall of Fame interview ...his voice is slurred...obvious post concussion syndrome...

The last one in the last five seconds Bum talks about how great Earl was...

My Old Man hated Texas and everything in it except for the Oilers, Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips... he hated the Steelers, Chargers and Dolphins in the AFC so it was a natural match for him. R.I.P.

LOL....Bum was one colorful dude.....had an ice cream truck pull up during practice in the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLCIByjOzo

I always remembered Earl Campbell as a human tank...forgot how nimble he was...but boy could he deliver and take a shot...another reason why he was broken down at the end...look at 3:28 when he eats up the Rams defense including a decleater against #58 and at 3:38 when a Raider (Jack Tatum) launches at him like a missile...he absorbs it like Super Man and walks into the endzone. You don't see football like this from Earl to LT...the NFL is the No Fun League these days.

Here is a post Hall of Fame interview ...his voice is slurred...obvious post concussion syndrome...

The last one in the last five seconds Bum talks about how great Earl was...

When I was a kid, Earl Campbell was THE MAN.

he was out of football before I was old enough to see him play in real time, but I grew up watching his highlight reels.

Story I remember hearing about Campbell is that his conditioning was notoriously poor... the guy couldn't run a mile without a breather.

And look at how he carries the ball... Coughlin wouldn't let that guy on the field.

he was out of football before I was old enough to see him play in real time, but I grew up watching his highlight reels.

Story I remember hearing about Campbell is that his conditioning was notoriously poor... the guy couldn't run a mile without a breather.

And look at how he carries the ball... Coughlin wouldn't let that guy on the field.

But he was so strong that you needed dynamite and a crow bar to get that ball out of his hand...no joke... :flex:

But the fumble to carry ratio would have been similar to today's backs... He touched the ball at least 35 snaps...often 40-45 snaps per game. He was the Oiler's offense...Dan Pastorini was no Johnny Unitas... :P If Cheerleader was the couch they would have lynched him if he ever decided to bench Earl..