SportsWrath

So what do you think about the Eagles this year?

Blindgreed1

Personally I've never had an STD, but I can't imagine I'd feel as if i'd been raped if I did. Unless maybe she tied me up first... Or not. :LMAO:

The story was that he was giving women STDs on purpose, like it was some kind of a joke. Thats certainly a little rapey.

Maybe I shouldn't believe every hearsay thing that pops up in the media, but by that time I'd already heard so many terrible things about the guy that I just assumed the worst.

Little background: I went to high school with a woman who married one of Vicks teammates at Virginia Tech... so its coming up on draft time, and all the talking heads on ESPN are talking about how Vick is such a wonderful leader and all his teammates love him, the usual shit... but I heard it from the teammate, who I'll leave nameless because he also played in the NFL, and he had nothing but terrible things to say about Vick. He kept it civil, tried to keep the locker room stuff where it belongs, but he couldn't help but make it clear that Vick was of extremely low moral character and that his teammates in fact did not respect him at all. Basically said that jail time was in his immediate future, and that it could be for any number of things once he wasn't getting the BMoC treatment any longer.

The story was that he was giving women STDs on purpose, like it was some kind of a joke. Thats certainly a little rapey.

Maybe I shouldn't believe every hearsay thing that pops up in the media, but by that time I'd already heard so many terrible things about the guy that I just assumed the worst.

Little background: I went to high school with a woman who married one of Vicks teammates at Virginia Tech... so its coming up on draft time, and all the talking heads on ESPN are talking about how Vick is such a wonderful leader and all his teammates love him, the usual shit... but I heard it from the teammate, who I'll leave nameless because he also played in the NFL, and he had nothing but terrible things to say about Vick. He kept it civil, tried to keep the locker room stuff where it belongs, but he couldn't help but make it clear that Vick was of extremely low moral character and that his teammates in fact did not respect him at all. Basically said that jail time was in his immediate future, and that it could be for any number of things once he wasn't getting the BMoC treatment any longer.

The allegations were made by one particular woman. No others came forward. She got paid and went on her merry way (apparently not caring much about anyone but herself so...). I will reiterate... I'm not a Vick supporter. Never have been, but I've just had enough of people constantly bringing up the dog killings when there's players on the field who've committed worse crimes against humanity. I could be having a conversation about how dick fingered Vick was last year dropping balls and throwing INT's and some genius will come out of the woodwork and ask if I know he killed dogs.

The allegations were made by one particular woman. No others came forward. She got paid and went on her merry way (apparently not caring much about anyone but herself so...). I will reiterate... I'm not a Vick supporter. Never have been, but I've just had enough of people constantly bringing up the dog killings when there's players on the field who've committed worse crimes against humanity. I could be having a conversation about how dick fingered Vick was last year dropping balls and throwing INT's and some genius will come out of the woodwork and ask if I know he killed dogs.

yeah, I know how you feel. Vick's just a guy who is easy to hate.

I will give him props for doing some serious blocking this past week though. Hard nosed player, thats for sure.

Kind of a shame the thread got hijacked by Vick's personal life, I think the 2013 Eagles are a very interesting team. I expect them to go down in flames, which probably means they'll make the playoffs.

I think the Eagles have a pretty competitive team this year....I felt they were talented last year, but they were stuck in the "Fire Andy" quagmire.

So much of getting on a hot streak or in a losing tailspin is psychological, and I think that was a big part of the reason for their struggles last season.

Reid is a great coach, but eventually, everyone gets to the point where a change is needed. Chip Kelly has the team feeling a new attitude.

I hate Dan Snyder with the white hot passion of a thousand suns......very happy to see his national TV home opener end in embarrassment....I'm sure he took it out on the people providing food service in his luxury box or something.

I think the Eagles have a pretty competitive team this year....I felt they were talented last year, but they were stuck in the "Fire Andy" quagmire.

So much of getting on a hot streak or in a losing tailspin is psychological, and I think that was a big part of the reason for their struggles last season.

Reid is a great coach, but eventually, everyone gets to the point where a change is needed. Chip Kelly has the team feeling a new attitude.

I hate Dan Snyder with the white hot passion of a thousand suns......very happy to see his national TV home opener end in embarrassment....I'm sure he took it out on the people providing food service in his luxury box or something.

Agreed. It was time for a change and even Andy seems to be in better spirits. The Iggs offense actually out performed the offense of week 1, but our secondary has some issues, which did not come as a surprise to me at all. Still hoping to see an 8-8 season.

KC should have won that game by at least 21 more points than they did. What 'high-octane' offense? The only thing that's high-octane is McCoy. That defense kept the game as close as it could, for as long as it could. As bad as the Gmen have been thus far, Chipper's offense isn't on my list of concerns.

• 3 weeks later...

KC should have won that game by at least 21 more points than they did. What 'high-octane' offense? The only thing that's high-octane is McCoy. That defense kept the game as close as it could, for as long as it could. As bad as the Gmen have been thus far, Chipper's offense isn't on my list of concerns.

You mad bro? :huh:

I'm mad now.

I'm good with 6-10, as long as the 6 wins are against the NFC (L)East.

As I've said from the beginning of the season, I'll be happy with an 8-8 finish this year. It's a new system, new coaches, etc... I know it won't be the most popular opinion around here but I think the G-men's woes lie in salary cap issues from the off season.

As I've said from the beginning of the season, I'll be happy with an 8-8 finish this year. It's a new system, new coaches, etc... I know it won't be the most popular opinion around here but I think the G-men's woes lie in salary cap issues from the off season.

8-8 might get you the division, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are the best team in the East. We've seen both the Cowboys and Eagles now; I didn't come away thinking the Cowboys were better than the Giants. The Eagles definitely are.

8-8 might get you the division, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are the best team in the East. We've seen both the Cowboys and Eagles now; I didn't come away thinking the Cowboys were better than the Giants. The Eagles definitely are.

That may be, but that really won't ammount to much this season in my opinion. NFC west, and South are poised to make a run this year. It's still early and there's a lot of football left to play but I haven't seen enough consistency in the NFCE to make me feel as though any team has a shot this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I think your team is going backwards on roller skates.........Ugh!! We pushed you guys all over the field.

Did McCoy break 25 yds?

As usual we sent Vick to the hospital.......I think there are some dog lovers on the Giants D.

I would blow it up and start over if I were you guys.......no Band Aid solution will help you.

Lose out and pick up Manziel......Johnny Football has that Philly Vibe