SportsWrath

The Jets/Rex Ryan

Virginia Giant

I think Geno has won the QB race regardless of Sanchez's injury.

Sanchez has just been horrible his entire career, I think Rex wanted to see if Sanchez could maybe make a case for himself. He got hurt sure, which is always something you never want to see as a fan of the NFL but in all honesty when your HC needs to put you in with backups just to prove you can play QB then maybe you were never meant to be the starter.

I think Geno has won the QB race regardless of Sanchez's injury.

Sanchez has just been horrible his entire career, I think Rex wanted to see if Sanchez could maybe make a case for himself. He got hurt sure, which is always something you never want to see as a fan of the NFL but in all honesty when your HC needs to put you in with backups just to prove you can play QB then maybe you were never meant to be the starter.

I think Rex has lost his job, regardless of Sanchez's injury.

Geno is absurdly terrible. It looks like the Jets have their best QB, baby Simms, riding the bench.

I think Rex has lost his job, regardless of Sanchez's injury.

Geno is absurdly terrible. It looks like the Jets have their best QB, baby Simms, riding the bench.

I think Geno did well for them... you can see his mechanics are good.. and one of the INTs wasn't really his fault. For a rookie, I thought he showed a lot.

I think Geno did well for them... you can see his mechanics are good.. and one of the INTs wasn't really his fault. For a rookie, I thought he showed a lot.

I thought his mechanics looked a bit NCAA. He definitely didn't look like a pro QB to me.

That running out the back of the end zone play... whoa.

He's a rookie though, Eli was hardly magic man at the beginning. I will say though that the majority of his throws were poorly placed. Many times the WR had to stop or it was behind the WR. That is going to get one of them killed although now it's not as big of a deal since WRs can't be smashed right after a catch.

Simms by far has looked the best on that Squad. It's sad that he won't get the chance to really shine because he was undrafted.

Well he's on as good a team as any to actually get a chance. Smith and the Sanchize are hardly all stars so he should stay vigilant. I think by week 10 he'll get his chance.

No QB, no running back or WRs... if Ryan saves his job, he certainly will have earned it.

Personally, I think the wheels come off by week seven... and I can't wait to see the show.

Week & might be generous:

"(Rex has) got zero influence," an unnamed source close to the situation told Mehta about Ryan. "(He) doesn't care and he is letting everyone know. He just shows up for his check. ... It's a big (expletive) to all the players."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237636/article/rex-ryan-defends-skipping-jets-cut-day-for-sons-game