SportsWrath

Super Bowl Ratings/Teams?

Virginia Giant

This also; again because of big bandwagon.

redskins.jpgrid1afs-den.jpg

No way the Redskins would do it, no way. They are not a very popular team.

Ratings go up every year, it's just the nature.

If you want to get the best, I would say:

Bears v Broncos/Pats/Steelers.

The Bears are basically the Steelers in a bigger market and in dormant. Put them in the SB against Brady or Peyton and you have gold.

Chicago as a town rates better locally than Dallas and their fanbase is really huge. Plus it has been a long time and aside from divisional rivals they don't have the turn off component of dallas.

No way the Redskins would do it, no way. They are not a very popular team.

Ratings go up every year, it's just the nature.

If you want to get the best, I would say:

Bears v Broncos/Pats/Steelers.

The Bears are basically the Steelers in a bigger market and in dormant. Put them in the SB against Brady or Peyton and you have gold.

Chicago as a town rates better locally than Dallas and their fanbase is really huge. Plus it has been a long time and aside from divisional rivals they don't have the turn off component of dallas.

The bears were in it a few years ago and I don't remember the media circle jerk that would accompany a Cowboys or Pats sb. I think the Redskins are a good pick, they have a solid enough fanbase nation wide and if RG3 lead them to the sb the band wagoners would come crawling out from everywhere?

The bears were in it a few years ago and I don't remember the media circle jerk that would accompany a Cowboys or Pats sb. I think the Redskins are a good pick, they have a solid enough fanbase nation wide and if RG3 lead them to the sb the band wagoners would come crawling out from everywhere?

Also aren't the Redskins the most valuable team in the NFL? I was basing it mainly on RG mania.

Also aren't the Redskins the most valuable team in the NFL? I was basing it mainly on RG mania.

Redskins are 2nd to Dallas only because they own the stadium.

This is why Houston is a top five.

Redskins are not that popular a team, trust me, the Bears are like the Steelers and if they were a legit contender people would go nuts.

That market has great ratings, better than DC which in all sports is mediocre.

Niners vs. Redskins, if this happened a certain place in Bristol, CT would literally explode.

Didn't know you could have two NFC teams in the Superbowl. Was that part of the collective bargaining agreement?

Strictly from a ratings point of view? It would have to be the two teams with the highest bandwagon fan base:

cowboyspatriots.jpg

LOL, I was just at a work function where a bunch of us were talking football and all of us were just dumping on the Cowboys, left and right, all around the room. So I said to the guy from Dallas, 'I hope you won't hold this against us.' And he just laughed and said, 'I don't care, I gave up on the Cowboys, now I just wait and see how they do before I root for them.'

So at least he knows he's a bandwagoner and has embraced it. And he even lives in Dallas.

Strictly from a ratings point of view? It would have to be the two teams with the highest bandwagon fan base:

cowboyspatriots.jpg

Not sure how I missed the cowboys.

Could you imagine the circlejerk on ESPN if this ever happened?

You couldn't watch it in HD...the cum shots would literally come through the screens... :o

I did that last year and it was awesome.

This... I relented though and watched five minutes of the actual Super Bowl...turned it off quickly though and played some Sins of a Solar Empire with the Battle Star Galactica Mod... :) So much more interesting ...not withstanding Tree's experience... :D

LOL, I was just at a work function where a bunch of us were talking football and all of us were just dumping on the Cowboys, left and right, all around the room. So I said to the guy from Dallas, 'I hope you won't hold this against us.' And he just laughed and said, 'I don't care, I gave up on the Cowboys, now I just wait and see how they do before I root for them.'

So at least he knows he's a bandwagoner and has embraced it. And he even lives in Dallas.

good man... a Broke Back "fan" I can stomach...