SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

6 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

well at least we beat Everton last night ..........that still matters to every Liverpool supporter

all credit to Man U and Erik ten Hag ......what a fantastic turnaround and you deserve to be 3rd right now Boo

Watched the merseyside derby yesterday. As far as derby's concerned it was bland. Liverpool were never in trouble. But they are gone back. Diaz is a huge loss.

Happier times at United right now. Teams looks solid now and Ten Hag is pulling the right chords. The League Cup final would be huge for us if we win it. And we'll see Thursday away to Barcelona. Tough game against the team with no money!

On 3/5/2023 at 10:52 PM, boohyah said:

Congrats Uk.  A combination of ineptness from us and execution from Liverpool. Hard to say 7-0 isn't fair.

I really don’t know what to say Boo ……. Wasn’t expecting that after recent weeks but it was an incredible performance. Every goal was sublime

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I really don’t know what to say Boo ……. Wasn’t expecting that after recent weeks but it was an incredible performance. Every goal was sublime

Just incredibly disappointing to watch that second half and watch them fold like that. I mean Liverpool were well worth the win. But at least fight back.

You smashed us last year over 2 games because we didn't have the tools to cope or the manager to coach them. That's not the situation this year, I expected a result Sunday.

As good as Bruno has been the last few months, he was abysmal Sunday, worst player on the field and quit the 2nd half. He's the captain. I'd like to see Ten Hag make him pay for that, I wouldn't start him for  Betis. ETH made his point with Ronaldo and he was right, but for whatever Ronaldo didn't do, Fernandes was worse Sunday.

That said, Liverpool should be using that game now as a springboard. Fans shouldn't forget that Liverpool got handled by Madrid 2 weeks back and looked rough, so we can all be humbled. This result Sunday should give them a boost down the stretch. Look like they'll at least work their way back to 4th.

5 hours ago, jranieli said:

First win in 13 games today! 10 points above relegation. What a mess this season has been. Hopefully they can get their shit together. 

I like the Ainsworth appointment. It's hard to understate the job getting Wycombe to the championship with their resources. Effort shouldn't be an issue with him in charge along with the fact he played there.

LIverpool looked a shadow of last week Uk. That should have been a win this morning.

I hate when United do that, we beat City at home and then gave up a draw to Palace after leading. I was more pissed at that then last Sunday.

3 hours ago, boohyah said:

LIverpool looked a shadow of last week Uk. That should have been a win this morning.

I hate when United do that, we beat City at home and then gave up a draw to Palace after leading. I was more pissed at that then last Sunday.

I didn’t comment from the LFC vs ManU match because I knew crow eating was coming the following week.  Fuck me. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 4:10 PM, jranieli said:

I am still crossing my fingers guys. They beat league leaders Burnley today who were playing to win the league title. 4 points out of the drop with two games to go. 

It's Reading you need to worry about. 3 pts keeps you up for definite. The good thing for you is you have Stoke and Bristol city and both of those teams are out of everything.

That was a good time to get a win. I haven't really been paying attention to the Premier League much, but the bottom of the table. I didn't expect to see some of those teams there. I imagine City wins it this year. Brentford and Fulham mid table. Liverpool not having the best year. Too bad about Chelsea. 

Got my trip booked for the United - Wolves game on May 13th. Trying to get in a second game but I can't get one to fit on my schedule right now. Need to see how the playoffs work out for those days. Happens that it's one of the few Saturdays United play on now.