SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Got back into darts the last few years. Grew up as a kid on Eric Bristow/John Lowe and Jocky WIlson. Had my own dart set and board. One day I'm throwing darts outside my house, we lived on a farm so I had the board up on a barndoor. My younger brother was daring me to throw the dart while he crossed the board and sure what am i if not not good for a dare, so he crossed and I planted the dart in his cheek. Goes running to my parents naturally and I got a hiding and dartboard and darts got tossed.

Played it on my job during lunchbreak for years. Always good for a 60 but sucked throwing in the lower half.

It's a great sport to watch on tv, just like snooker. 

i played loads as a kid and in my twenties , in pubs and at home ( i agree TT ...better after about 3 pints ...then worse after 4 )

Never had a 180 but plenty of 140's.

Also i do love a treble 18 but cant hit treble 19 !

My favourite doubles are 8, 16 or tops ( cannot hit double 3 to save my life )

I was always a huge John Lowe fan .......loved it when he beat Bristow in 87

Also loved it when Keith Deller shocked the world in 83 when i was 13  

dont even get me started on snooker .......i've wasted years of my life on it 

Be calling this the British sports thread soon if we start talking snooker  also. The Davis - Taylor final coming down to the final frame/ final black was gripping stuff.  I was a Hurricane Higgins/Jimmy White fan. Pot black on TV. 

I remember Keith Deller the year he won UK. So out of the blue that one.

Next up, the Aintree Grand National.

Was at an all time high this morning watching City get cream!!  Then 3-0 lost to brighten……. HOLY fuck man. Our Mid can’t connect with the front.  Played the entire game on our side of the pitch. What’s happening with Liverpool?  Are we just too old? 

we need Bellingham ASAP!  

21 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Was at an all time high this morning watching City get cream!!  Then 3-0 lost to brighten……. HOLY fuck man. Our Mid can’t connect with the front.  Played the entire game on our side of the pitch. What’s happening with Liverpool?  Are we just too old? 

we need Bellingham ASAP!  

Liverpool were just awful ….. As Klopp said afterwards. Great win for Man U v City ( well done Boo )

Liverpool are a strange team to support right now . They seem to have completely lost their way this season …..losing badly to Brentford and Brighton just sums it up ( at least I’m not a Chargers fan ….. brutal )

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Freaking United.  The best thing your new manager did was to sit Harry Houdini down and get some key players like casemiro….  Enjoy it you guys suffer long enough.  

Even though we've done little or nothing the last few years, we basically ran the show from 1990 to 2010 so we had a good run. If you supported United in the 70's/80s you got a relegation and the odd FA cup. So things cycle around.

As UK will tell you, Liverpool ruled the 70's and 80's. Arsenal and Chelsea had spurts and these days it's all City.

13 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Agree. It’s like what the announcers say. Both teams playing not to lose the first 80min then switch it up at the last 10.  Horrible. I hope VVD and Diaz come back soon.  

VVD has been poor this season. They clearly miss Diaz.

Tell me you guys watched the ManU Arsenal match. What a fucking screamer!!!  That was some entertaining world class match!!  

TOT vs Man Shitty was such a let down for me. I can’t stand man shitty.  Why the hell would you lay back on defense with only two goals up against a rich stack club? Playing not to lose against a team like that will surely fuck you over.  

9 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Tell me you guys watched the ManU Arsenal match. What a fucking screamer!!!  That was some entertaining world class match!!  

TOT vs Man Shitty was such a let down for me. I can’t stand man shitty.  Why the hell would you lay back on defense with only two goals up against a rich stack club? Playing not to lose against a team like that will surely fuck you over.  

Good game between us and Arsenal but we had some shocking defending.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:00 PM, TrashTalker92 said:

One of my manU friend said they should’ve put in Harry McGuire at the end. LOL OMG. 

When you watch United, they don't defend corners by attacking the ball. They hold their spots and teams literally attack the channels. Granted, a lot of teams do that but when you spend huge money on guys it should be part of their DNA. I grew up watching Martin Buchan/Gordon McQueen, Kevin Moran, Steve Bruce. Nemanja Vidic. If the ball came anywhere near the box, they had their head on it. I saw them all with head bandages at one point from collisions. That's my stance. I'd rather see my guy get beat in the area going for the ball. Bissaka's defending for the first goal Sunday was dismal and it's not the first time he hasn't defended a cross /corner properly.

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1621909654577074181

fans chanting “You’re getting sack in the morning” to Klopp during a 3-0 lost.  

honestly how fuck up are English fans?  The last few seasons LFC were performing at a world class level and everyone praising KLOPP like a GOD.  Now they are screaming to get him fire? Serious? 

11 hours ago, boohyah said:

There are always fools supporting each club.

Liverpool have a top 5 manager. They don't have a top 5 team anymore. If they get Bellingham in the summer, that team will be back.

Bellingham will be out saving grace. 

im still very salty about Nunez being such a bumb. Always knew he overrated and hope he proves me wrong but goddamn $100million. 

we might need another defender soon. Our team is aging