SportsWrath

Riley Cooper hurls racial slur at Kenny Chesney concert.

Sephiroth

The vid... probably not safe for work as he rips off "that word."

What a dummy.

However... between Maclin's injury, Riley Cooper insulting 2/3ds of his teammates, and DeSean Jackson being DeSean Jackson, I'm really liking what the Eagles are doing with their receiving corps this offseason. :TU:

What a surprise, at a country concert.

There's a big concert venue just a few miles from my house, adjacent to an amusement park that I frequently take the kids to, so I'm often in the parking lot leaving at the same time people start showing up for concerts in the evening. Very consistently, show after show.. and I mean over and over again, it can't be a fluke... people at the country shows are huge assholes. Rock shows, old and new acts alike, everybody is nice, or at least reasonably considerate of other people. Same for the rap & r&b shows. But my god, I've grown to hate country music fans. I never would have guessed it was like that either.

The vid... probably not safe for work as he rips off "that word."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dEQxO8Yuas

What a dummy.

However... between Maclin's injury, Riley Cooper insulting 2/3ds of his teammates, and DeSean Jackson being DeSean Jackson, I'm really liking what the Eagles are doing with their receiving corps this offseason. :TU:

Hah, and yeah, me too. I enjoyed a Chip Kelly interview the other day, regarding this and other issues, and the look on his face was priceless. Dude looked completely lost.

Were the people he was talking about even black? Or was he using the n-word in the same context he probably hears it in the locker room or in every rap track recorded since 1989?

Apparently he was talking about a black security guard.

and the n-word in the context he hears it in the locker room or in every rap track recorded ends with an "A", his version ended in an "ER".

There's a big concert venue just a few miles from my house, adjacent to an amusement park that I frequently take the kids to, so I'm often in the parking lot leaving at the same time people start showing up for concerts in the evening. Very consistently, show after show.. and I mean over and over again, it can't be a fluke... people at the country shows are huge assholes. Rock shows, old and new acts alike, everybody is nice, or at least reasonably considerate of other people. Same for the rap & r&b shows. But my god, I've grown to hate country music fans. I never would have guessed it was like that either.

Yeah, Brad Paisley plays near me and every year, more then half the crowd gets arrested, cause there is so many brawls.

If he was saying because the guy was black then yeah, it's malicious racism and he deserves all the shit he gets.

and the n-word in the context he hears it in the locker room or in every rap track recorded ends with an "A", his version ended in an "ER".

Not necessarily. Its used as a derogratory term by other African Americans too. I'm pretty sure you could hear someone dropping it in the Prince hazing video from last year, and not in the inclusive brotherhood fashion.

If he was saying because the guy was black then yeah, it's malicious racism and he deserves all the shit he gets.

Not necessarily. Its used as a derogratory term by other African Americans too. I'm pretty sure you could hear someone dropping it in the Prince hazing video from last year, and not in the inclusive brotherhood fashion.

Just watched the prince video again, it wasn't used in a derogatory way. my opinion at least. you could have replaced the n-word in the prince video with 'dude' and the meaning would have been the same.

and either way, the way he said it is far far far from they it is used in "every rap track".

Rednecks unruly? The hell you say.

Is cracker said with an A or an ER?

oh did someone say cracker?

Lol I was just being argumentative. Just tired of this false outrage. They fine a guy for getting drunk (I assume he was drunk) and being an asshole and saying a bad word. Yet the same team has a guy that tortured and killed dogs as their starting qb and paying him millions upon millions of dollars.

Across the league there are guys getting arrested for beating their spouses to killing people because they drank and drove. And all you hear is the waves of support from players on their team and other teams. And McCoy is talking about how he can never respect Cooper again and you have reports where he is on the sidelines by himself at practice.

I hate the word he said, I hate people that say it and I let them know I don't appreciate views like that. But this guy was at a concert with a bunch of people kissing his ass because hje's a big tough football player and he let his asshole show.

I hope one day we cann all manage to get the fuck over it.

Lol I was just being argumentative. Just tired of this false outrage. They fine a guy for getting drunk (I assume he was drunk) and being an asshole and saying a bad word. Yet the same team has a guy that tortured and killed dogs as their starting qb and paying him millions upon millions of dollars.

Across the league there are guys getting arrested for beating their spouses to killing people because they drank and drove. And all you hear is the waves of support from players on their team and other teams. And McCoy is talking about how he can never respect Cooper again and you have reports where he is on the sidelines by himself at practice.

I hate the word he said, I hate people that say it and I let them know I don't appreciate views like that. But this guy was at a concert with a bunch of people kissing his ass because hje's a big tough football player and he let his asshole show.

I hope one day we cann all manage to get the fuck over it.

i agree. He should use it as a turning point. Devote 1/4 of his pay this year to an inner city college fund. The team should become the model of brotherhood for the rest of the league. ( I know this won't happen)

I agree about the false outrage.

i agree. He should use it as a turning point. Devote 1/4 of his pay this year to an inner city college fund. The team should become the model of brotherhood for the rest of the league. ( I know this won't happen)

I agree about the false outrage.

Yeah thats a good idea. I mean, it is the city of brotherly love. lol

You're dead right VG. Dropping an n-bomb gets you 'excused' from team activities but beating your wife or girlfriend is pretty much tolerated.

While the rest of the team can perpetuate the use of that word in a fun, joking manner by adding an "a" the end, apparently.

Cary Williams had some excellent thoughts on this.

Williams went on to explain that his grandmother had told him stories about racism that was directed toward her when she was growing up. He also said the word shouldn’t be used in any circumstance.

“Nobody,” Williams said. “Black, white, green, purple, blue. It’s used so loosely in the locker room, in life in general. Sometimes we desensitize the word, but you have to look back at our ancestors who worked so hard to rid us of that name.”

In other words, it is never appropriate to use the word, in any form or connotation. From any skin color.

While the rest of the team can perpetuate the use of that word in a fun, joking manner by adding an "a" the end, apparently.

Cary Williams had some excellent thoughts on this.

Williams went on to explain that his grandmother had told him stories about racism that was directed toward her when she was growing up. He also said the word shouldn’t be used in any circumstance.

“Nobody,” Williams said. “Black, white, green, purple, blue. It’s used so loosely in the locker room, in life in general. Sometimes we desensitize the word, but you have to look back at our ancestors who worked so hard to rid us of that name.”

In other words, it is never appropriate to use the word, in any form or connotation. From any skin color.

I heard his interview on NFL TV......he nailed all of it.

C. Wagon.

I heard a guy on the radio last week who grew up in apartheid-era South Africa. He said he was constantly shocked at what people found to be "racist" in the US. One guy asked if he wanted to go get some chicken, "no offense", and he was like "Why is that offensive? Chicken is delicious".

I heard a guy on the radio last week who grew up in apartheid-era South Africa. He said he was constantly shocked at what people found to be "racist" in the US. One guy asked if he wanted to go get some chicken, "no offense", and he was like "Why is that offensive? Chicken is delicious".

We've been brainwashed into thinking the smallest thing is a racial issue. It's how they keep us in line.