A few good things about the Giants draft

lemmiwinks

Mathias Kiwanuka

Height: 6-6

Weight: 265

40 Speed: 4.73*

Position: Defensive End

College: Boston College

Blue-chip pass rusher with an enormous upside in the right setting — a defensive scheme that utilizes his well-developed skills. He has the combination of size, speed, quickness, athleticism, agility and experience to become an impact pass rusher early. Work ethic and commitment should allow him to improve further with strength work. He can play either the weak- or strong-side end in a 4-3 defense and should be an every-down player early. He has strong hands and separates from blockers well with the burst of speed to the ball to make the big play.

My thoughts;

I love Stra but he is nearing the end......This guy has a chance to learn from a HOF DE...Look how working with Stra Helping OSI :TU:

Sinorice Moss

Height: 5-8

Weight: 184

40 Speed: 4.38*

Position: Wide Receiver

College: Miami (Fla.)

The brother of former Miami and current Redskins wideout Santana Moss, he has the playmaking ability to be an impact performer at the next level. His speed allows him to be dangerous after the catch, especially as a slot receiver matched up against nickel cornerbacks. He has the initial burst that can pressure a defense if the corner does not get his hands on him at the snap. He has the explosiveness to break any play and is most effective when isolated in coverage - where his running skills give him a chance to break the play. In the deep game, he has the separation speed to hit the home run.

My thoughts;

Adds another weapon to our already dangerous Offense, Speed should open up middle of the field for the rest of the WR's / TE's....Should move right in as the #3 WR.....Even Mel said it was one of the best picks of the draft :rock:

Gerris Wilkinson

Height: 6-3

Weight: 239

40 Speed: 4.65*

Position: Inside Linebacker

College: Georgia Tech

Has good speed to reach the flanks and fine functional strength that translates well to the field. He is a high-energy guy who hustles and pursues with good speed to the sidelines and can finish plays. He uses his size well when it comes to matching up with tight ends in pass coverage and he knows how to use his hands to jam and redirect.

My thoughts;

Very versatile LB can play Will Sam or Mike....Huge upside...Adds good Depth to LB

Barry Cofield

Height: 6-4

Weight: 303

40 Speed: 5.08*

Position: Defensive Tackle

College: Northwestern

Rugged, tough senior lineman has been a stalwart on the Northwestern front four, playing both inside and outside during his college career. He has filled a stay-at-home role over his career. He has the quickness to penetrate and find the ball to put himself in position to make plays along the line.

My thoughts;

Very Versatile DL..Can play all spots along the DL...Good depth player until he increases his NFL knowledge

Guy Whimper

Height: 6-5

Weight: 305

40 Speed: 4.96*

Position: Offensive Tackle

College: East Carolina

Nice-sized blocker still learning the position. Strong at the point, turns opponents off the line then seals them from the action. Anchors in pass protection, jolts defenders with good hand punch and knocks them from their angle of attack. Terrific athlete.

My thoughts;

A project but could become one of the best picks of this years draft....Has the athleticism to develop into a top LT in a few years

Charlie Peprah

Height: 5-11

Weight: 202

40 Speed: 4.57 V

Position: Strong Safety

College: Alabama

Peprah is a versatile defensive back who filled several starting positions. He has adequate size for the safety spot and adequate measureables for the corner. He filled the strong safety spot and performed well showing the ability to fill the lanes in run support. He is a strong, agile athlete who is well-rounded and can compete for playing time early. He has a strong physique and brings some force when he makes tackles. He has also played cornerback, which adds some versatility to his package. He loves to initiate contact. He has good balance and lateral movement. He has a good burst and natural coverage skills to succeed as a cover-two corner. He displays sure tackling skills and the ability to read plays. He should be able to start on special teams immediately.

My thoughts;

Could be a starter in a year or so...Another very Versatile player....Good Depth player / Should start ST's as a Rookie

Gerrick McPhearson

Height: 5-10

Weight: 191

40 Speed: 4.41 V

Position: Cornerback

College: Maryland

McPhearson is a muscular, smaller cover man with fine athletic skills. He is an extremely explosive and very fast track athlete who uses his leaping ability and rare speed to compensate for his lack of ideal size. He has excellent range and recovery speed. He is also very strong and is able to bench press twice his body weight. His forte is man coverage where he is able to lock down receivers and do well reading the eyes of the passers. He has good instincts and knows when to gamble and when to play it more conservatively. He is a solid tackler who will deliver a strong hit.

My thoughts;

Could be a good corner with more work....Will also add Depth

Guest Lockhart

The best thing about the Giants 2006 draft is the fact it was Accorsi's last one. Hopefully next draft will have a football man selecting the players, not some desk jockey.

The best thing about the Giants 2006 draft is the fact it was Accorsi's last one. Hopefully next draft will have a football man selecting the players, not some desk jockey.

I'm sure you guys will love to hear this but that's not 100%.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-giants050...eadlines-sports

"If this is the last draft, and I'm not sure it is...."

Personally, Id love to have him back for another year.

For Kiwanuka, the keywords are "in the right setting" and "impact pass rusher early." He will step foot on the field maybe twice a game for the Giants in his first like 2 years.

Guest Lockhart
For Kiwanuka, the keywords are "in the right setting" and "impact pass rusher early." He will step foot on the field maybe twice a game for the Giants in his first like 2 years.

Agreed, and that is why Ernie is so gone now - the Mara's are already getting their list in order and Bill Parcells should be the top of the list. The Giants can keep their cap guy and have a negotiator, but let Bill select the players in the draft and free agency, he won't bring in the aged, injured and unneeded like Ernie does.

Agreed, and that is why Ernie is so gone now - the Mara's are already getting their list in order and Bill Parcells should be the top of the list. The Giants can keep their cap guy and have a negotiator, but let Bill select the players in the draft and free agency, he won't bring in the aged, injured and unneeded like Ernie does.

Parcells as GM will never happen here. Go ahead and predict it. Then we will be assured it will never happen.

Are you familiar with the concept of substitution?

Any Giants fan that doesn't know that even the best need to be subsituted for during the game can look back on January 5th 2003. Jerry Reese brought that game up as an example.

You also called Pierce a pussy and said he should have played the final game because you were able to play JV soccer with a sprained ankle.....You have no credibility when speaking of football....You remind me of a Cowboy fan at work who's only football knowledge comes from playing Madden and running his fantasy league.

Did Osi start his first 2 years (besides from Inj) ?

Did he get alot of playing time ?

Yes Osi played in 22 games then added 7 starts in his second year.

Guest Lockhart

Next year, with a new GM, we can get a player that can help the Giatns immediately and not another "Ernie Project" like Willie Jo or Kiwi.

Next year, with a new GM, we can get a player that can help the Giatns immediately and not another "Ernie Project" like Willie Jo or Kiwi.

Go back to the Eagles board :TU:

Dude, they are not Giants fan. I've caught all 4 of them cheering for another team.

Have you notice they have never, ever, ever said anything positive about any member of the NY Giants. Think about... ;)

:doh:

Parcells is notorious for bringing in old players that he drags with him from team to team. So far with Dallas, he's brought in Testaverde, Bledsoe, and Johnson, all of them past their prime.

Parcells as a GM would be a disaster. I never considered his ability to choose personnel his strength, even when he was here. If George Young wasn't calling those shots, we'd still be waiting for Superbowl rings.

If you're going to constantly talk about replacing EA with a great GM anyway, at least pick a good one.