SportsWrath

Most Underrated Giant of all time.

Chuck Wagon

I'm going to go old school with Jack Gregory and Rob Carpenter.

I remember Jack as a pretty good defensive lineman--and most guys remember Mendenhall (rightfully so!), but not Gregory as much.

No one will ever convince me that getting Carpenter as a running back in 81 wasn't essential in getting us into the playoffs. He might not have changed the team's history to the degree that Taylor did on the other side, but put a spark in that unit.

Offense - Doug Reisenberg. "too undersized," "not strong enough," "short arms," but the guy was athletic, a scrapper, and gave you 100% on every single play.

Defense - Greg Jackson. Solid safety and Pro Bowl snub for his entire career... plus, he pretty much single-handedly took Andre Reed outta that '90 Super Bowl because he and Myron Guyton were just fucking killing Reed over the middle.

Honorable mentions go to Chad Bratzke, Rich Seubert, Bob Kratch, and Jeff Hostetler.

Great replies....I go with

Offense :Ron Johnson....first 1,000 yard rusher, during a 14 games season...on some truly bad teams with terrible offensive lines...and played half his games on that nasty Yankee Stadium turf. Yet...when people talk about great giant backs...he's always way down the list or simply noted as "first to have a 1,ooo yard season"....like it wasnt' a big deal...but it was back then...and it was a huge accomplishment given the team he played on ..in a division where he had to play against two top flight defenses Washington and Dallas...twice eash.. a year. Granted...he didnt' play long.....but he could ball.

Defense: Gary Reasons.....Sure he benefited playing next to LT, Carson and Banks.....but he was as solid an inside linebacker as the Giants have ever had....run....pass....smart....hit like a truck. Shit....I wish we had him now.

C. Wagon.

Defense: Gary Reasons.....Sure he benefited playing next to LT, Carson and Banks.....but he was as solid an inside linebacker as the Giants have ever had....run....pass....smart....hit like a truck. Shit....I wish we had him now.

I heard the guy wasn't bad on fake punts, too.