SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs

parlintm

Perfect example. Last game of the year he had 2 or 3 chances to run with Kevin Lewis in the middle, and Alonzo Jackson and Nick Greisen on the outside. Didn't do shit.

Even the best don't get the yards all the time. Nothing is automatic in the NFL.

How was Tiki the better short yardage back when he rarely came in and if he did, rarely even touched the ball?

I had a feeling you wouldn't respond to that lockfart :rolleyes:

I know it's been a long time since we got to see Brandon Jacobs in a situation that wasnt third and short or goal line so for those of you who have forgotten what he did in the preseason last year, here is a refresher:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cUtgKCONhic&sea...randon%20jacobs

So, is his role going to be the same as last year, limited only to the aforementioned situations? Or will we feature some sort of thunder and lightening attack? Maybe giving Jacobs a series here and there throughout the game...

So what do you think the coaches will do with him this year?

I still see Ward getting more play time then Jacobs, but we need to have him in the backfield to kinda fool defensive lines in to thinking we are running

the kids got quick feet and brings the pain, if he can be coached he can be a star

I agree 100% ... that's the perfect way to describe.

People comparing him to Dayne obviously can't notice the complete difference in demeanor. Jacobs has fire and loves the physical nature of the game (sounds gay, I know); Dayne was disinterested and played like a scat back...

I agree, I really cant wait to see him on the field this season. I think going into his 2nd season we will see tons of improvement over last year. I think Jacobs is going to be a player that will be pushing for time onto the field and should get a lot more carries this season especially in regular situations, not just goal line work.

The Giants took an RB that was said to be too little to be and everydown back. Today he is known as Tiki Barber.

Now the Giants drafted an RB that is said to be too big to be an everydown back. They will prove everyone wrong again with Jacobs.

I can't wait to see tiki and Jacobs split some carries.

Thunder and Lightning!

The Giants took an RB that was said to be too little to be and everydown back. Today he is known as Tiki Barber.

Now the Giants drafted an RB that is said to be too big to be an everydown back. They will prove everyone wrong again with Jacobs.

I can't wait to see tiki and Jacobs split some carries.

Thunder and Lightning!

Pray tell, who is that in your avatar?

it's completely up to jacobs. the giants have a very capable backup running back in derrick ward, if jacobs gets more carries, it will be because he beat ward out for the job, i dont see coughlin force-feeding jacobs

Guest Floyd The Barber

this is just another instance where the NYG's are trying to make a player play outside of a role they are not good with...

they tried it with Dayne...Dayne was not a power runner...they force feed him the ball for 5 years in 3rd and shorts, and goal-line situations and he failed...over and over

now, we have a 6 foot 5, 260lb. RB, who i had the opportunity to meet in person, that is built like a robot...problem being ?? he is not the bulldozing RB the NYG's are trying to make him out to be...he is a big man, with very quick feet, and turns the corner just as fast, if not faster than Tiki...

so what do the NYG's player personnel executives go and do ?? they make him a 3rd and short back...they force feed him balls around the goal line, and although they proved to be successful for the most part, what they are failing to realize is that Brandon is an elusive back...a runner...a guy at 260 that can cut and turn a corner on a dime...he did it all long in preseason...he did it in college...he was never a run you over back...but leave it to the NYG's to not implement a player to his strengths...

i will go on record, that what was one of the most successful passing plays under Jim Fassel, the Shockey Screen, since Huf. and TC took over, the play was tossed to the wasteside...i will go on record and state, that the thinking man would say, im sure the NYG's will design a handful of different looking screens for our newest speedster Sinorice Moss, but they wont...they will force him into a role that he is not familar with...a role that will not use his attributes to there fullest...

just plain stupid

Guest Lockhart
this is just another instance where the NYG's are trying to make a player play outside of a role they are not good with...

they tried it with Dayne...Dayne was not a power runner...they force feed him the ball for 5 years in 3rd and shorts, and goal-line situations and he failed...over and over

now, we have a 6 foot 5, 260lb. RB, who i had the opportunity to meet in person, that is built like a robot...problem being ?? he is not the bulldozing RB the NYG's are trying to make him out to be...he is a big man, with very quick feet, and turns the corner just as fast, if not faster than Tiki...

so what do the NYG's player personnel executives go and do ?? they make him a 3rd and short back...they force feed him balls around the goal line, and although they proved to be successful for the most part, what they are failing to realize is that Brandon is an elusive back...a runner...a guy at 260 that can cut and turn a corner on a dime...he did it all long in preseason...he did it in college...he was never a run you over back...but leave it to the NYG's to not implement a player to his strengths...

i will go on record, that what was one of the most successful passing plays under Jim Fassel, the Shockey Screen, since Huf. and TC took over, the play was tossed to the wasteside...i will go on record and state, that the thinking man would say, im sure the NYG's will design a handful of different looking screens for our newest speedster Sinorice Moss, but they wont...they will force him into a role that he is not familar with...a role that will not use his attributes to there fullest...

just plain stupid

The Pittsburgh Steelers found their current and future star running back, Willie Parker, after the 2005 draft as an unsigned free agent. It is apparent now that Jacobstein will never cut it as an every down NFL back. Hopefully the Giants can find another "Willie Parker" to backup Tiki.

• 2 weeks later...
I look for Jacobs to get more carries this season earlier in the game...If we can give him 10 carries a game in regular situations and let him simply pound the defense and wear then down than Tiki will be even more effective later in the game

Great point. I think that using him earlier in the game to pound and grind it out is what the gmen got this kd for. Tiki is great but if we use him all game every game he will wear down after the mid season point. Throw in Tiki late first qtr. and mix it up with two back sets and defenses will have a hard time getting into sync.

Great point. I think that using him earlier in the game to pound and grind it out is what the gmen got this kd for. Tiki is great but if we use him all game every game he will wear down after the mid season point. Throw in Tiki late first qtr. and mix it up with two back sets and defenses will have a hard time getting into sync.
IMHO, I think that the offensive coach is incapable of being innovative in his thinking as evidenced last year by the use of Jacob's only in short yardage situations. Timely Tom bears some blame too as he never overruled StupidNagle and used Jacob's in other than short yardage. :)

IMHO, I think that the offensive coach is incapable of being innovative in his thinking as evidenced last year by the use of Jacob's only in short yardage situations. Timely Tom bears some blame too as he never overruled StupidNagle and used Jacob's in other than short yardage. :)
Have never been a fan of huffy. It blows my mind that with all the talent on o he doesnt mix it up enough. Granted we put tons of points on the board last year but defenses new what we were going to do towards the end and became very disruptive.