SportsWrath

Marcus Vick may get a contract

torn084

its not a matter of needing vick its a matter of trusting him. do u trust him to lead your team at QB is culpepper goes down? personally if i were to sign a free agent QB i would take Drew Olson. I loved what i saw in the kid at UCLA.

im not sying rely on him, but give him a chance. he could turn out to be an important player in a year or two.

its not a matter of needing vick its a matter of trusting him. do u trust him to lead your team at QB is culpepper goes down? personally if i were to sign a free agent QB i would take Drew Olson. I loved what i saw in the kid at UCLA.

I can't disagree with that. Olson gives you similar talent level and is a better guy overall then Vick. I don't think he'll be anything more than an okay QB in the NFL though. There's a reason he wasn't drafted. But if it had to go between Vick and Olson, I'd say Olson.

im not sying rely on him, but give him a chance. he could turn out to be an important player in a year or two.

What type of impact is he going to make when he's riding the bench behind Daunte.

What type of impact is he going to make when he's riding the bench behind Daunte.

U never know. Look at Sage Rosenfels in 2005. We were down 23-3 and Ferotte gets knocked out with a concussion against the Bills. Sagey steps in and gets 3 touchdowns in one quarter and a half. Against the Chargers, similiar situation. Frerotte sprains finger. Sage comes from behind to win it for us during our 6 game winning streak.

P.s. The Texans paid Sage 3million for one year. Best of luck to him. He will be missed in Miami.

Guest Carbo

The Dolphins are pathetic. Their "fans" even more so. Their homes games includes 20,000 empty seats each week.

U never know. Look at Sage Rosenfels in 2005. We were down 23-3 and Ferotte gets knocked out with a concussion against the Bills. Sagey steps in and gets 3 touchdowns in one quarter and a half. Against the Chargers, similiar situation. Frerotte sprains finger. Sage comes from behind to win it for us during our 6 game winning streak.

P.s. The Texans paid Sage 3million for one year. Best of luck to him. He will be missed in Miami.

Sage is a six year veteran. Last year was his fifth year so at least he had veteran experience. Vick on the other hand next year will have no playing time experience and one year of watching football.

I can see where you are going down the road 3-4 years from now but still, Vick's not that good.

Oh yeah, the Chargers pass D is pitiful. Sage picked a good game to come into. Great performance but not something worth talking about a year later and using as an example to defend a guy like Marcus Vick. And it didn't hurt having Chambers in there either, he made some amazing catches to help Sage out.

Sage is a six year veteran. Last year was his fifth year so at least he had veteran experience. Vick on the other hand next year will have no playing time experience and one year of watching football.

I can see where you are going down the road 3-4 years from now but still, Vick's not that good.

Oh yeah, the Chargers pass D is pitiful. Sage picked a good game to come into. Great performance but not something worth talking about a year later and using as an example to defend a guy like Marcus Vick. And it didn't hurt having Chambers in there either, he made some amazing catches to help Sage out.

Don't give me the chargers pass D is bad. It held Peyton Manning the very next week. And they beat the Colts when they were sposed to go undefeated. If you can hold Peyton, u r doing something right.

Don't give me the chargers pass D is bad. It held Peyton Manning the very next week. And they beat the Colts when they were sposed to go undefeated. If you can hold Peyton, u r doing something right.

The other 15 weeks say different. All props to Eli for what he did that night but their pass defense was horrible that night against SD.

The 9ers held Peyton in check for the most part when they played them so I guess they don't have a bad Pass d.

The other 15 weeks say different. All props to Eli for what he did that night but their pass defense was horrible that night against SD.

The 9ers held Peyton in check for the most part when they played them so I guess they don't have a bad Pass d.

no they def have a good pass D

If they can hold Peyton, will be fine opening night

no they def have a good pass D

If they can hold Peyton, will be fine opening night

The 27th ranked pass defense says different.

I'll save you some time for research.

link

Who will be fine opening night, you guys? I don't recall the Phins holding Peyton last year.... but I do think you'll play tough.

edit: funny, the team that essentially shut down Peyton for the most part is dead last against the pass in the league. So I guess it's not really smart to base how good pass defenses are on whether the team shut down Peyton or not, right?

Edited by gateb

The 27th ranked pass defense says different.

I'll save you some time for research.

link

Who will be fine opening night, you guys? I don't recall the Phins holding Peyton last year.... but I do think you'll play tough.

edit: funny, the team that essentially shut down Peyton for the most part is dead last against the pass in the league. So I guess it's not really smart to base how good pass defenses are on whether the team shut down Peyton or not, right?

i meant to say the giants will be fi

my badne opening night against the chargers

i meant to say the giants will be fi

my badne opening night against the chargers

I hope we'll be fine. Either way, it's going to be a major test for our secondary. I want to see a more balanced attack by our offense, sort of like the way the Steelers played in the division game.

I hope we'll be fine. Either way, it's going to be a major test for our secondary. I want to see a more balanced attack by our offense, sort of like the way the Steelers played in the division game.

U have the greatest corner in Dolphins franchise history in Sam Madison. The secondary is fine.

As for us, we have Will Allen, uuuh, injured Jason Allen, Will Poole, and Travis Daniels. Maybe Travis can do something besides getting burned by every reciever this year.

And too end the Marcus Vick debate, I will quote a very wise man.

"We brought him in to see what he can do. It's a date. We're not getting married!"

~Nick Saban

lol and here's the rest of that little article on Vick

Posted on Sun, May. 07, 2006

email this

print this

DOLPHINS NOTEBOOK

Vick not likely to earn a spot

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

Quarterback Marcus Vick has been inconsistent during the first two days of the Dolphins' minicamp and, barring a stellar day today, seems unlikely to get a contract offer from the team.

The Dolphins invited Vick to the camp as an unsigned tryout player to gauge his potential value, but he has been working with the second-team players behind undrafted free agent quarterback Justin Holland.

Vick, the former Virginia Tech star, did complete a 50-yard throw to receiver Fred Gibson for Saturday's most impressive throw by a quarterback. But he has been wild high and wide on many of his middle-distance throws the past two days.

Vick's size, listed on the camp roster as 6-0 and 207 pounds, also has not helped, as he has been forced to move around in the pocket to find passing lanes that taller throwers might see more easily.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban has characterized Vick's time with Miami this weekend as, ''a date. We're not getting married,'' he said.

Edited by Pizan