SportsWrath

Marcus Vick may get a contract

torn084

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107

i wanted them to draft him b4 the whole ordeal came about. We only have three quarterbacks right now in culpepper, Cleo Lemon, and Brock Berlin, the latter two have never been in a game. Vick could add some needed mobility to the position and could contribute if Daunte is not ready for the beginning of the season.

Guest So.Cal Dub

You had me for a sec... :o

I thought you meant with the Giants, then realized you're a Fins fan..

Ok wait I got this one..........Marcus Vick is a QB.

He might have been a college Qb but with his speed and going to team that has a Qb he will have to switch a Wr if he wants to make it. He played Wr in his sophmore year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107

i wanted them to draft him b4 the whole ordeal came about. We only have three quarterbacks right now in culpepper, Cleo Lemon, and Brock Berlin, the latter two have never been in a game. Vick could add some needed mobility to the position and could contribute if Daunte is not ready for the beginning of the season.

I don't think Saban would be that intrigued to start the season with a free agent rookie, especially one like Vick. They'll get someone with more experience that can at least keep the Phins within reach of the Pats for the first month or so while Culpepper is out or even get them into first.

He might have been a college Qb but with his speed and going to team that has a Qb he will have to switch a Wr if he wants to make it. He played Wr in his sophmore year.

I know you're 15 and all, but REALLY?

He was suspended his sophomore year I thought...

Why is Marcus Vick even being considered to play in the NFL?

Nobody considers this guy because of off the field problems. He did do good with VT and we are in serious need of insurance because of Daunte's injury problems.

The Dolphins have fans? :o Good luck with that! What a bunch of convicts ya got there. :LMAO:

yea jerk. U can meet more of em too. www.phinfeverforums.com

There's no Fin fans here because we're not in Florida!

Nobody considers this guy because of off the field problems. He did do good with VT and we are in serious need of insurance because of Daunte's injury problems.

Marcus was really nothing special at VT. He did okay and showed some flashes but no where near his brother's standards.

Do you actually think Marcus would be starting if/when Daunte misses the first month of hte season?

Edited by gateb

Marcus was really nothing special at VT. He did okay and showed some flashes but no where near his brother's standards.

Do you actually think Marcus would be starting if/when Daunte misses the first month of hte season?

no, but u need b-a-c-k-u-p-s. we have cleo lemon, who has never played in a game. and brock berlin, same goes for him unless u count NFL Europe. Vick has the same amount of experience as the both of them combined. If you wanna go with the flashes theory, look at Mario Williams,DE and first overall pick by the Houston Texans in the 2006 draft. Williams recorded all his sacks over a 4 game period, yet he still got drafted first.

I really dont think he should even get chance to play in the nfl for one point hes not that good hes alright but not good enough to play in the nfl and sure the fins are prob figuring that theyll train him but with that kids attitude good luck

no, but u need b-a-c-k-u-p-s. we have cleo lemon, who has never played in a game. and brock berlin, same goes for him unless u count NFL Europe. Vick has the same amount of experience as the both of them combined. If you wanna go with the flashes theory, look at Mario Williams,DE and first overall pick by the Houston Texans in the 2006 draft. Williams recorded all his sacks over a 4 game period, yet he still got drafted first.

And he has the build of a Julius Peppers type DE and also is fast and powerful coming off the edge. Don't even compare Mario and Vick's situation.

Vick could add some needed mobility to the position and could contribute if Daunte is not ready for the beginning of the season.

By that quote, it sounded like you wanted Vick to start the season if you signed him.

its not a matter of needing vick its a matter of trusting him. do u trust him to lead your team at QB is culpepper goes down? personally if i were to sign a free agent QB i would take Drew Olson. I loved what i saw in the kid at UCLA.

And he has the build of a Julius Peppers type DE and also is fast and powerful coming off the edge. Don't even compare Mario and Vick's situation.

By that quote, it sounded like you wanted Vick to start the season if you signed him.

no if he and cleo or brock could contribute, or would be better than having one quarterback doing the entire games.