SportsWrath

The CB-Senario

Martin

I wouldn't call Will an underachiever at UM. He did well for a true freshman, and saw a solid amount of playing time on the '97 Championship team. He then get kicked out and went to Western Illinois...

IMO whenever you get kicked out of college you underachieved, good athlete as a freshman or not. Especially when you are an up and coming guy and get kicked out of a school like Michigan.

Never said he was. top five cover corner, you're all assuming overall cb.

he was not that either, as dictated by the fact he was the #2 CB on his own team and very often did not man up on the other teams best WR. A shut down cover CB(like say a Champ Bailey)lines up almost every play on the other teams best playmaker at the WR spot.

You are so overrating Peterson. I must respetcfully disagree.

I never knew he got kicked out of UM... before I really paid close attention to college football. What was the reason?? Will Pete always striked me as a good guy so Im suprised to hear it.

The football team had a party with strippers. One of the strippers left her purse at the party, and Will removed all the money from it and left. One way or another, the school administration found out and he was kicked off the team. I don't know if he was expelled altogether or not, but he ended up at Western Illinois...

Guest Dye Job

Lets all pay homage to "The Wills" We all had such high hopes. But in true Giant fashion, the dream comes crashing to the ground in a heap of burning embers.

The football team had a party with strippers. One of the strippers left her purse at the party, and Will removed all the money from it and left. One way or another, the school administration found out and he was kicked off the team. I don't know if he was expelled altogether or not, but he ended up at Western Illinois...

with former WI, TE then OL Rich Suebert.

he was not that either, as dictated by the fact he was the #2 CB on his own team and very often did not man up on the other teams best WR. A shut down cover CB(like say a Champ Bailey)lines up almost every play on the other teams best playmaker at the WR spot.

You are so overrating Peterson. I must respetcfully disagree.

They have usually always played a zone coverage. It's not who the cb's line up against, it's who the wr's line up against.

They have usually always played a zone coverage. It's not who the cb's line up against, it's who the wr's line up against.

Case in point why Peterson is not a "top 5 cover CB" when you have one of them a la Bailey, Law in his day, Woodson(at one time) you do not play a zone like that, you take your #1 top 5 CB and line him up against the To's, Harrisons, Holts and Smiths of the world, Peterson never had this distinction.

Case in point why Peterson is not a "top 5 cover CB" when you have one of them a la Bailey, Law in his day, Woodson(at one time) you do not play a zone like that, you take your #1 top 5 CB and line him up against the To's, Harrisons, Holts and Smiths of the world, Peterson never had this distinction.

why change the defensive style for one player? :confused:

why change the defensive style for one player? :confused:

when you have a "top 5 cover CB" on your roster(like you suggest Will P was once)you make sure that guy is lined up on the best playmaker at all times.

If you think that styles are not implemented for great players you never saw the Washington Redskins try and block LT back in the 80's? Or the Lions running game of the mid 90's for Barry Sanders. Teams adjust to the greatness of their personnel

Bottom line is this, Will P was never top 5 in the league at anything. A real good, solid CB, nothing more, nothing less.