SportsWrath

The CB-Senario

Martin

If and its a big IF !!!!!

But lets say Will Peterson is cleared to play and makes his way back

as a starter. He and Sam Madison would be the bookends.

Then the question is how may backups do we carry and

who do you think they will be?

Note: we have 13 CB's currently on the roster. :o

Comments? care to take a guess?

:rolleyes:

Guest nosebleed

I thought they were making Tuck into a cornerback........

if Willie Pete comes back than we would likely carry 6 corners(one more than usual because we don't know if his back can hold up)...those being Petersen, Madison, Webster, Delotch, Mcpherson and RW...

If he does not come back...than we will probably just carry the standard 5 corners

The last news I heard regarding Will P. was very disheartening. He was at home and had no plans of joining the team any time soon. It seemed to imply that his career was likely over, barring a miraculous recovery. Has anyone heard anything since then? And how long do we keep him on the roster before we have to cut him or he retires?? And how does a career ending injury work in terms of the contract?

1. Madison

2. Webster

3. I'm hoping Will Pete comes back, he's my favorite player, but he won't be able to start yet

4. R.W. McQuaters

5. Deloatch

6. McPhearson as Gunner on ST

Edited by Giants 2 SB XLI

Guest Carbo

Will P. is history. . .toast. . .yesterday's fish. Good riddance. I was hoping a stud CB would have been drafted this year, but the Front Office had other plans, none of which made any sense. Maybe next year, when the Giants have a pick in the first four picks. . .

For now, we are stuck with has beens, never beens, senior citizens, and IR regulars.

The last news I heard regarding Will P. was very disheartening. He was at home and had no plans of joining the team any time soon. It seemed to imply that his career was likely over, barring a miraculous recovery. Has anyone heard anything since then? And how long do we keep him on the roster before we have to cut him or he retires?? And how does a career ending injury work in terms of the contract?

I liked peterson ( i know i'm using past tense)

He was a very consitant player which was why I didnt like

W. Allen that much.

Anyway I wish him the best and hope as you say a miracle

can happen.

If he could get back to form he and Madison would be real solid

at the bookends.

:rock:

Guest nosebleed
Will P. is history. . .toast. . .yesterday's fish. Good riddance. I was hoping a stud CB would have been drafted this year, but the Front Office had other plans, none of which made any sense. Maybe next year, when the Giants have a pick in the first four picks. . .

For now, we are stuck with has beens, never beens, senior citizens, and IR regulars.

Correct again, I like how people automatically are penciling in Webster as the opposite starter. After watching his limited playing time last year, he showed that his tackling was awful and his covering wasn't any better.

Guest Carbo

The Giants secondary will be an open, oozing sore all year. How quickly the uninformed here forget the trials and tribulations of last year's backfield. They were so bad as to draw gasps from the various commentators who were doing the Giants games. In fact, it was so bad most fans were hoping for third and one instead of third and fifteen. Gave the Giants a better chance to force a punt if the opposition offense opted to run at them.

I would be happy if I never saw DeLoatch in a Giants uniform again. He sucked worse than anyone.

Good luck with that. He's got size, got potential, and the Giants like him. He's sticking around for at least this year.

I heard he's in the facilities rehabing. And when not injured and at the top of his game he is a top 5 cover corner in this league.

I heard he's in the facilities rehabing. And when not injured and at the top of his game he is a top 5 cover corner in this league.

I almost forgot what rank he is seeing he hasn't played at full health with a great supporting cast in a long time.

Guest Carbo
Top five? Not a chance. He was an underachiever his entire career with the Giants. He was average, at best.

Correct again, I like how people automatically are penciling in Webster as the opposite starter. After watching his limited playing time last year, he showed that his tackling was awful and his covering wasn't any better.

He didn't do any better or worse than last year's top CB picked, Pac Man Jones. I think you forget he was a rookie. Give the guy time to adjust to the NFL.

Top five? Not a chance. He was an underachiever his entire career with the Giants. He was average, at best.

two years ago when he was completely healthy, he was voted the #2 cover guy in the league behind champ baily. I'm not talking about overall ability, im talking covering, and he plays aggresive and rarely got beat, will allen was the one gettin beat.

two years ago when he was completely healthy, he was voted the #2 cover guy in the league behind champ baily. I'm not talking about overall ability, im talking covering, and he plays aggresive and rarely got beat, will allen was the one gettin beat.

I would agree that Will Peterson never got tested the way Allen did and there

was a reason for that!! Peterson played the pass very well.

Plain and simple!!

I would agree that Will Peterson never got tested the way Allen did and there

was a reason for that!! Peterson played the pass very well.

Plain and simple!!

exactly. i do think #2 is a little overrated to a guy thaat wasn't even a #1 guy on the team, but he certainly has the potential to become an upper-etaleint(sp?) cb.

Another point and that is for a number of years aside from a secondary that

didnt play well as a unit the Giants have had a weak LB unit as well.

When the responsibilites of the LB's are not being covered it sure makes

playing in the secondary much more difficult. I think with our upgraded Lb unit we will

see a much better secondary because of it.

Lets hope the DT position can be fixed !

i agree not top five, but how can you say underachieving? he was a 3rd rounder and was a solid starter for several years. if we could get the same production out of jeff hatch or vishante shiancoe i'd be thrilled. oh wait, hatch is gone.

Will Peterson was never a top 5 CB.

As far as underachieving? He was not that either. He was a 3rd round pick that became a solid starter in the NFL.

Where WIll P undeachieved was at Michigan and then got thrown out and transfered to Western Illinois.

I wouldn't call Will an underachiever at UM. He did well for a true freshman, and saw a solid amount of playing time on the '97 Championship team. He then get kicked out and went to Western Illinois...