SportsWrath

NYG sign 2 Street FA from THE Ohio State University

Goliath

Giants | M. Green agrees to terms

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:06:49 -0700

The New York Giants have agreed to terms with undrafted rookie free agent DL Marcus Green (Ohio State). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Giants | Underwood agrees to terms

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:06:21 -0700

The New York Giants have agreed to terms with undrafted rookie free agent CB E.J. Underwood (Ohio State). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Green is a DT if I remember correctly

Marcus Green

Good signing. He should compete with Seawright and Duckett.

For the #4 DT spot

I expect Robbins and Joseph to be the starters (if we don't sign a DT) and Cofield and one of those guys to be in the rotation

He is a one gap DT....Seawright plays the nose and Duckett can play both...In order to make this team he would have to beat out Duckett and I don't see that happening...

Then you're saying he was signed for no reason...

Like I said he was signed to compete for a roster spot. Duckett and even Seawright are far from locks at making the final roster I dont care what DT spot they play.

Then you're saying he was signed for no reason...

Like I said he was signed to compete for a roster spot. Duckett and even Seawright are far from locks at making the final roster I dont care what DT spot they play.

...he was signed for a reason...to offer competition in camp. But he likely won't beat out Seawright for a job seeing as they won't even be competing for the same job. And Duckett has two seasons in the NFL under his belt. I don't find it likely that Green will be on this team come september...maybe practice squad

i can't beleive EA is content with a DT tandem of Joseph, Robbins, the rook, ducket, seawright and another rook

for god sakes, at least bring in buckner for minimum salary

I think (and I think the front office does as well) that Buckner is done and if he is whats the difference between him and a rook?