SportsWrath

Russel Wilson

TrashTalker92

I would have let Longwell try the prayer field goal over the prayer hail mary, personally.

Wouldn't have mattered if they weren't idiots and hadn't gone for it on 4th and 1 and had put up the 3 back then.

Evolution of the NFL QB.

Luck, Griffon, Newton, Wilson.

Wonder when Eli retires if the Giants will go along with the trend.

Luck is the only one of those that stands a chance at longevity. RGIII is great to watch (when he doesn't play the Gmen) but you have to question his knees, Cam is already fairly inconsistent and immature, and Wilson just had one of those seasons, jury's still out I think. The Seahawks have to be kicking themselves giving Matt Flynn a three year, $20 million ($10 mil guaranteed) contract. Over the last 2 seasons dudes played, what, 1.5 games? And has $10 mil in the bank? I think he's the real winner here.

Give Luck a coupla three years and I think he's the one that matures into a long term winning QB.

Evolution of the NFL QB.

Luck, Griffon, Newton, Wilson.

Wonder when Eli retires if the Giants will go along with the trend.

This happens every time a big running QB emerges and it's always a big fail. McNair and McNabb were the only 2 decent running QBs but they were more like Rogers than Griffon. Wilson is going to be good though because he's a mobile QB and not a run first QB. Big difference.

This happens every time a big running QB emerges and it's always a big fail. McNair and McNabb were the only 2 decent running QBs but they were more like Rogers than Griffon. Wilson is going to be good though because he's a mobile QB and not a run first QB. Big difference.

The thing is none of these guys are "big running QBs"

McNair, McNabb and even Younge were all big tall, big bodied QBs who could be mobile.

These new breed of QBs, Luck, Griffon, Kappernic(sp), etc are all passing QBs who can outrun the entire Dline, a LB or CB. If it becomes a trend you are going to see a change in the NFL now that defenses top speed guys are being out run by the QB.

I really like Russell Wilson to be honest. Something about the guy strikes me as an awesome player for years to come. Don't get me wrong, he still competes with the other big hyped up rookie QBs of the draft like RGIII and Luck, but I feel like he can be a huge asset for the Seahawks going forward.

I really like Russell Wilson to be honest. Something about the guy strikes me as an awesome player for years to come. Don't get me wrong, he still competes with the other big hyped up rookie QBs of the draft like RGIII and Luck, but I feel like he can be a huge asset for the Seahawks going forward.

Yeah I agree. You can't teach the poise he showed in these big games, especially on the road. For a rookie it's extremely impressive. Seattle has a really nice team with plenty of young talent. I think we'll look at the Wilson pick as one of the biggest late round steals in recent memory.