SportsWrath

Giants 4th Round Pick (129) - Guy Whimper, OT, East Carolina

uconngiants

Grady Jackson, Brenston Buckner, Jason Fisk, Brandon Noble can all be here at a fair price. When you say "the G men gave up TWO of them", who are you referring to? Kendrick Allen?

Lets be smart, this tackle has limited time at OT and has performed well enough to be drafted in the 4th. Take it for what its worth but Kiper had him as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. Drafting a guy in the 4th round who can potential start at LT in a few years must be a mistake though... what is EA thinking?

You said "for the one DT we have" . . . . umm last I checked Joseph and Robbins are still on roster. Now we have Cofield and we can still get a FA DT, we can possibly even draft one or sign a undrafted player to compete.

Lets not act as if Clancy and Allen were such a key part to our success last season.

Sorry...I was off on a TANGENT....anyway, the DT's we had provided depth. I'm just wonderin' where the depth will come from. And can the guys we have on the interior part of the line play nose tackle? Because I feel that we will soon see a lotta 3-4 schemes.

*Going back for a walk* see ya!

Sorry...I was off on a TANGENT....anyway, the DT's we had provided depth. I'm just wonderin' where the depth will come from. And can the guys we have on the interior part of the line play nose tackle? Because I feel that we will soon see a lotta 3-4 schemes.

*Going back for a walk* see ya!

Barry Cofield is a perfect replacement for Clancy but I think he has the potential to be much better against the run. Cofield can play nose and so can Robbins. I think we still can sign a vet for the min. and possibly even use our last selection on a DT or get a player as an undrafted free agent to compete with Duckett and Seawright. I think most fans are over reacting on our DT situation. We dont need an allstar tackle we just need role players in the middle who can occupy blockers and get the job done on a rotation. Im actually more worried about our DBs.

Barry Cofield is a perfect replacement for Clancy but I think he has the potential to be much better against the run. Cofield can play nose and so can Robbins. I think we still can sign a vet for the min. and possibly even use our last selection on a DT or get a player as an undrafted free agent to compete with Duckett and Seawright. I think most fans are over reacting on our DT situation. We dont need an allstar tackle we just need role players in the middle who can occupy blockers and get the job done on a rotation. Im actually more worried about our DBs.

Good points. I feel better already.

Game ONE vs. the Colts...I hope we can stop the pass.

I would still like to see us grab buckner on a one year deal, just to bridge the gap to the young guys. Gerald Andersen or Manaia Brown would be nice picks in the 7th if we were looking for another DT. As a Georgia fan I have seen Gerald Andersen play many times, and though he is not an athletic specimen at tackle. He is a big body that can clog up the middle to free the linebackers. Manaia Brown(I have not seen him play, so this is based only on scouting reports) is athletic enough to play the one-gap DT spot, but big and strong enough to play the two-gap spot...

either would make me real happy for a 7th rounder

Edited by shockjock

Wright would definitely be in the area of BPA for EA. I'd be shocked if we passed over him if he's available. Then again, this franchise has surprised me some other times...

Was Wright drafted? I missed the whole 7th round.

Was Wright drafted? I missed the whole 7th round.

Yeah, Miami scooped him up. My biggest worry going into the season is still at the corner posistion, Corey Webster is the anointed starter opposite Madison but i dont see what hes done to win that job. Apart from causing some turnovers in the preseason all i saw was Webster struggle, in his start Joe Jurevicious made him look flat terrible. I pray Peterson has some miraculous recovery because i think QB's will be picking on Webster untill he proves he can play in this league.

Yeah, Miami scooped him up. My biggest worry going into the season is still at the corner posistion, Corey Webster is the anointed starter opposite Madison but i dont see what hes done to win that job. Apart from causing some turnovers in the preseason all i saw was Webster struggle, in his start Joe Jurevicious made him look flat terrible. I pray Peterson has some miraculous recovery because i think QB's will be picking on Webster untill he proves he can play in this league.

I'm not as worried about Corey as others. I think he gradually improved down the stretch and made some nice plays. Even the plays that TDs were put on him, such as the Jurevicious first TD on that jump ball, he was in tremendous position. I foresee good things for him this year.

Hey, if the Giants can't have enough pass rushers we should be able to put enough pressure on the QB to make Webster's job easier.

Would of liked to see a guy taken earlier, but no rookie would be able to come in and push C Web out of the starting job. So, even if we took a corner in the first round it would not immediatly improve our pass defense. I'm not worried about Webster. He has tons of talent and now will have a full season and another training camp under his belt. Next year is his chance...he can either prove that he deserves to be a starting corner for us, or prove that we need to look for another corner next off season. He probably knows this and I expect big things out of Webster this season for the very reason you stated. QB will likely decide to pick on Webster over his more experienced counter part. This should give Corey many chances to make some big plays for our defense and hopefully show us that he was worth the second round pick last year...