SportsWrath

so it's over for 2012 ....who's your MVP

UK-Giantsfan

If its week 1 2013 and the roster is the same, who would you rather have tear an ACL? I'd say Brown. We can play without Brown, we just aren't the same team on D without KP. He lines all the DBs up as well.

KP is average-to-good. He doesn't hurt you but he's not a real playmaker back there either. He's a B- kind of guy.

thought kp was out when brown got the bulk of his takeaways in the first half?

when did brown get burned today? when did any safety in the year 2012 when QB's can't be touched, wr's can't be touched and offenses drop back 50 times a game NOT get burned this year?

Bump^

Wish he was not made of straw and could play more then two games in a row injury free

yes, brown was knocked please scroll up and reread the thread.

6 of stevie brown's 8 interceptions this year occurred with Kenny Phillips out of the lineup.

And I could give a shit that Webster is more comfortable with KP...well how did that happen because for the past three years how many games did Webster play with Kenny back there. Rolle is a much better safety at this point...can run support...snag an INT or two...shows leadership...when he was just a big mouth in my opinion he backed up what he said. He has my respect. KP is a shell of himself after all of the knee injuries...time to turn the page...I would be giving him little over the minimum...and if he doesn't like it...kiss my ass and walk...oops he just walked out the door and tore his MCL ... :P

Int's mean qb's are throwing your way, KP takes away the deep ball and also gives Webby, safety help over the top

Ayup. Exactly. KP is amazing at defending the deep pass. Among the best in the biz.

Herc, I know. I'm just defensive about KP sometimes when credible people say something that rattles my toes. We both know KP is a great player for us. Certainly not a B- safety like schoolman says.

But yea I agree, Brown is a true player. He can certainly play and has upside to him. He's also very athletic. But if I could choose, I'd take KPs safety play over Browns "BallHawking". Love em both. I would say cut Rolle and sign both but Rolle is pretty damn versatile and durable so idk about that. Plus I love Rolle.

Will Hill is almost ready to start as well.

i'd love to see a list of safeties who get 10 takeaways in a year but never get burned

i'll be waiting with baited breath

Yea no doubt.

All I'm saying is that KP is the staw that stirs the drink and he's Proven. His only downside is he has a shaky knee and we can't give him big guaranteed money. He's only missed significant time this year and in 09. Not like he's constantly hurt year in year out though.

Kp makes a huge difference in this D when it comes to getting 3&Outs, yards and points. Brown is go big or go home type. It's tough to compare them because they are a lot different in a lot of ways even though they are both athletic SS's.

KP is average-to-good. He doesn't hurt you but he's not a real playmaker back there either. He's a B- kind of guy.

He makes lots of plays on deep balls and WRs. Not too mention the respect he gets from QBs and a WR running across the deep middle of the field. He can concuss you pretty easily too.

KP is at minimum a B+ safety. It's clear as day that he's a baller out there. People who can't see that just don't know much about football. No offense to anyone.

I'm not saying he is the best. But our whole D plays much better whenever he plays.

Yea no doubt.

All I'm saying is that KP is the staw that stirs the drink and he's Proven. His only downside is he has a shaky knee and we can't give him big guaranteed money. He's only missed significant time this year and in 09. Not like he's constantly hurt year in year out though.

Kp makes a huge difference in this D when it comes to getting 3&Outs, yards and points. Brown is go big or go home type. It's tough to compare them because they are a lot different in a lot of ways even though they are both athletic SS's.

Yes they both bring something different.

Agree with Osi and Bigblue25. I think we have seen the last of KP in a Giants uni, though. And part of the reason is because of the picks. It will turn in to a cost benefit analysis and Brown will probably be the starter next yr. Not to mention the team also likes Will Hill.

He makes lots of plays on deep balls and WRs. Not too mention the respect he gets from QBs and a WR running across the deep middle of the field. He can concuss you pretty easily too.

KP is at minimum a B+ safety. It's clear as day that he's a baller out there. People who can't see that just don't know much about football. No offense to anyone.

I'm not saying he is the best. But our whole D plays much better whenever he plays.

that is true but hes not as good as Brown

Phillips doesn't want to play in center field and he's made that known. I bet he'll leave

Yea I know. He'll play there if we pay him though. He loves playing with Rolle too fwiw. But it's 50/50 at best KP comes back. He would put up better stats in most other defenses. Fewell just loves him back deep. But to His credit, rolle and brown are lost playing deep. I don't understand why more guys can't play the deep ball at a high level. That was my strength when playing football and found it really easy. Just takes good size/speed and awareness.

But yea I'm really hoping we keep KP and Brown and throw 4 safety's on the field in some sets next year.

KP, Rolle, Hill, Brown all on the field at once would be fun.