SportsWrath

Predict the Score

MikeGL

Predict the Giants - Eagles game score for this weekend.

I say 35-0 Giants by the end of the 3rd quarter.

At the end of the game, 42-35 , Eagles.

lol.

I'm gonna say Giants come out flat again, fall behind 14-0...and spend all game in a panic trying to get the deficit back all at once.

Giants actually play well ...28-17 win .....restoring a bit of pride .......but no playoffs

What pride? These guys played like total pussies... If no playoffs, I'd rather get better draft position.

I'm not sure what should be done about another 6-2 first half followed by yet another 2-6 2nd half... somethings have to change and if that means Coughlin himself, so be it.

What pride? These guys played like total pussies... If no playoffs, I'd rather get better draft position.

I'm not sure what should be done about another 6-2 first half followed by yet another 2-6 2nd half... somethings have to change and if that means Coughlin himself, so be it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think sending Coughlin packing a year removed from a SB win is a bit premature. Sure, this season didn't go as expected and there's been some questionable calls/moves, but that can happen. Coughlin should get another season, at minimum.

That said, changes should occur. With salary cap considerations, players not playing up to their contracts is a big, big issue for us. Defensively, I believe we'll look vastly different next year and as such, may end up looking at the Redskins again. But, we're still talented enough to win this division so long as we retool certain areas. About the most extreme moves I see being made are firing Fewell and releasing Tuck. While Tuck is constantly injured and tends to disappear, he's still one of the faces of the defense. But therein lies the problem. He doesn't come off as aggressive. He's got the 'Eli aw-shucks' attitude. It's okay, but you just don't see the fire. And because he's the annointed leader, the defense adopts that mentality by default despite rallying cries from guys like Rolle. However, I have to believe with Osi's departure...anyone who thinks otherwise at this point is fooling themselves...we have no choice but to keep Tuck for another season, maybe two, depending on who's brought in to replace him.

That's the thing. We don't want to release a guy, be it a coach or player, without a plan on replacing them. It's a tricky line to walk though since you don't want to create a lame duck player or coach.

I've spent a lot of this post looking at defense, and I think that's where the majority of our problems lie. However, our offense cannot be ignored. Primarily, we need to bolster the offensive line. We also have to accept the fact that Eli is not his brother and that while Eli can be amongst the best QBs in the 4th quarter, he's not in the same class as Peyton or Brady. I don't see the upper echelon of QBs chucking a ball up for grabs off his back foot praying for a reception. I just don't. Maybe Eli has too much faith in his receivers. Maybe Eli wants to make that big play just a little too bad. Eli has put this team on his back on more than one occasion to win a game and in two particular cases, the biggest game there is, but you still don't get the sense that he does it on a consistent enough basis. I mean, look at NE. When was the last time that team only put up 14 points over two weeks or had such a lackluster stretch as we've had?

At the end of the lengthy post, I guess the point I'm making is that some drastic moves need to be made, in terms of big name defensive players and assistent coaches/coordinators, but Coughlin is off limits at this point simply due to the fact that firing a head coach equates to blowing up the team, which I don't believe to be the right move at this juncture.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think sending Coughlin packing a year removed from a SB win is a bit premature. Sure, this season didn't go as expected and there's been some questionable calls/moves, but that can happen. Coughlin should get another season, at minimum.

That said, changes should occur. With salary cap considerations, players not playing up to their contracts is a big, big issue for us. Defensively, I believe we'll look vastly different next year and as such, may end up looking at the Redskins again. But, we're still talented enough to win this division so long as we retool certain areas. About the most extreme moves I see being made are firing Fewell and releasing Tuck. While Tuck is constantly injured and tends to disappear, he's still one of the faces of the defense. But therein lies the problem. He doesn't come off as aggressive. He's got the 'Eli aw-shucks' attitude. It's okay, but you just don't see the fire. And because he's the annointed leader, the defense adopts that mentality by default despite rallying cries from guys like Rolle. However, I have to believe with Osi's departure...anyone who thinks otherwise at this point is fooling themselves...we have no choice but to keep Tuck for another season, maybe two, depending on who's brought in to replace him.

That's the thing. We don't want to release a guy, be it a coach or player, without a plan on replacing them. It's a tricky line to walk though since you don't want to create a lame duck player or coach.

I've spent a lot of this post looking at defense, and I think that's where the majority of our problems lie. However, our offense cannot be ignored. Primarily, we need to bolster the offensive line. We also have to accept the fact that Eli is not his brother and that while Eli can be amongst the best QBs in the 4th quarter, he's not in the same class as Peyton or Brady. I don't see the upper echelon of QBs chucking a ball up for grabs off his back foot praying for a reception. I just don't. Maybe Eli has too much faith in his receivers. Maybe Eli wants to make that big play just a little too bad. Eli has put this team on his back on more than one occasion to win a game and in two particular cases, the biggest game there is, but you still don't get the sense that he does it on a consistent enough basis. I mean, look at NE. When was the last time that team only put up 14 points over two weeks or had such a lackluster stretch as we've had?

At the end of the lengthy post, I guess the point I'm making is that some drastic moves need to be made, in terms of big name defensive players and assistent coaches/coordinators, but Coughlin is off limits at this point simply due to the fact that firing a head coach equates to blowing up the team, which I don't believe to be the right move at this juncture.

A real problem is that the defense was NOT addressed in the off season. We got a backup/role player RB, a fourth-string WR, and a project TE in the first three rounds when our D was the 24th ranked unit in the regular season. Our offense was 5th. WTF?

A real problem is that the defense was NOT addressed in the off season. We got a backup/role player RB, a fourth-string WR, and a project TE in the first three rounds when our D was the 24th ranked unit in the regular season. Our offense was 5th. WTF?

Obviously the Giants draft philosophy is to get best player available

i've been over on the Eagles boards .......and most of their fans want to lose on Sunday to preserve their draft pick ...and to make sure that Reid and Vick get fired

i have a funny feeling that the G men will win on Sun ......Chicago and Vikes will both lose ....and it will come down to us rooting for the Skins in the late game

i've been over on the Eagles boards .......and most of their fans want to lose on Sunday to preserve their draft pick ...and to make sure that Reid and Vick get fired

i have a funny feeling that the G men will win on Sun ......Chicago and Vikes will both lose ....and it will come down to us rooting for the Skins in the late game

The homer in me agrees with you, but with the way the season has gone I can see the Gmen losing, Chi and Minny losing and Wash winning the division (sickening). All they would have had to do was beat Philly. At home. In the early game no less.