SportsWrath

foles out, vick in?

Herc

Nick Foles suffers broken hand

Updated: December 24, 2012, 1:00 PM ETESPN.com news services

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles has a broken hand and will not play against the New York Giants in Sunday's season finale, coach Andy Reid said Monday.

Reid also said Michael Vick could start against New York.

"Nick will obviously not play" this week, Reid said regarding Foles' throwing hand. "This was something that showed up on the MRI this morning; it wasn't present on the X-ray.

"There's a pretty good chance Michael will be the starter. That's what we're looking at right now. That's the direction I'm going as we speak right now."

Reid said he spoke with Vick on Monday morning, saying that Vick will be "ready to go."

"This past week I thought he threw it around well," Reid added.

It is not clear when Foles was injured Sunday. He finished 32-of-48 for 345 yards with one touchdown and one interception in a 27-20 loss to the Washington Redskins. Vick was inactive for the game, though he was cleared to play after missing five games with a concussion. Foles replaced him as the starter.

The Eagles are 4-11, and Reid's job security has been the topic of much speculation this season.

My prediction:

Everything breaks right for the Giants to get a wild card spot. Up by 21 with a minute left to play, the Eagles return a kick 100 yards for a td. The Giants recover and subsequently fumble 3 onsides kicks in a row, which are all returned for TDs.

Season over.

Are we getting rusty Vick, or highly motivated Vick that wants a job somewhere next year regardless of where it is?

I think we'll get the Vick and McCoy that make the Fewell look like a complete fucking fool.

The only consolation prize is DeSean Jackson is out, otherwise, he'd make Fewell toss his salad, too.

Does it matter? Am I to believe a bunch of pussies will suddenly man up? For the first time of my life (I guess getting older and wiser is something to thank for this) I'm done with this team this year... they have no dignity. Fucking Boley was smiling yesterday on the sideline when we were getting spanked.

I think we'll win and still miss the playoffs. I predict the Redskins will beat the Cowboys to win the division. The Vikings will lose to the Packers, so the Giants fans will just need the Lions to beat the Bears... and they won't. Bears win and Giants' season is over.

I think we'll win and still miss the playoffs. I predict the Redskins will beat the Cowboys to win the division. The Vikings will lose to the Packers, so the Giants fans will just need the Lions to beat the Bears... and they won't. Bears win and Giants' season is over.

This sickens me. I can't even bring myself to type the words.