SportsWrath

Do you know what the real problem is with the frst round pick tat EA blew?

osi724dasack

Winston Justice is a 6-7 315 pound OT who was projected as a top 15 pick. He had a 37 inch vertical. That shows you is athletisism. He had some off-thefield problems in the past though. But he could have easily been ready to take over for Puke in 07. EA doesnt even look his way.

Chad Jackson is clearly better than Moss, he had more cathes, yards, TD's. He is bigger, faster and has more experiance. But no, we trade up to get Moss, when Jackson was there at 32.

Lendale White rushed for 22 TD's and would make a great succesor to Tiki....but tell EA that.

Rocky McIntosh

Kelly Jennings (at 25)

Marcus McNeil (in round 2)

I could go on and on...here is how I would grade the picks thus far....

Mathias Kianuka: C-

Sinorice Moss: B

Gerris Wilkonson: B (this was a good pick)

The Giants want good players with character...they value character very highly and don't take too many chances on iffy players. They weren't very high on Winston Justice and they have more faith in False Start #77 than we do. So OT wasn't as much a priority to them as was building DE depth and creating a lot of competition to replace Strahan.

Guest Carbo

I agree with the Giants passing on Justice. He's a problem child and the Giants aren't into that mindset. Kudos to the FO for sticking to their principals. But that's where my agreement ends.

Pick One was a head scratcher, and still is. With so many other needs, and so much other talent available at the time, selecting Idi will go down in Giants history for all the wrong reasons.

I think you're being generous giving the selection of Moss a B. He wasn't the best receiver on the board at the time. And he's nothing more than a gimmick, who'll be gone in two years. Remember the Jets and their selection of his more talented brother?

Let's hope today brings some sleepers and steals. Bavaro was a 4th round pick. . .a fella can dream, can't he?

That's the one thing that got me but wasn't he arrested three times? Wasn't he suspended for two semesters at one point at USC? The kid has character issues and there certainly is a reason all 32 teams passed on him, some of them twice.

Winston Justice is a 6-7 315 pound OT who was projected as a top 15 pick. He had a 37 inch vertical. That shows you is athletisism. He had some off-thefield problems in the past though. But he could have easily been ready to take over for Puke in 07. EA doesnt even look his way.

Chad Jackson is clearly better than Moss, he had more cathes, yards, TD's. He is bigger, faster and has more experiance. But no, we trade up to get Moss, when Jackson was there at 32.

Lendale White rushed for 22 TD's and would make a great succesor to Tiki....but tell EA that.

Rocky McIntosh

Kelly Jennings (at 25)

Marcus McNeil (in round 2)

I could go on and on...here is how I would grade the picks thus far....

Mathias Kianuka: C-

Sinorice Moss: B

Gerris Wilkonson: B (this was a good pick)

Winston Justice - Got arrested a few too many times for me. I'm glad the Giants organization stuck with the "classy" mentality and avoided this guy. Obviously he plummetted on draft day and many teams wanted to stay away from him. They did that for a reason.

Chad Jackson - Definitely more talented than moss but kiwi is a better prospect than either of them and was the better player available. The Giants even said that they had Moss as the highest rated WR in the draft, implying that they didnt think Jackson or Holmes were worththy of the first round. Interesting thought, and I'm curious to see how those guys develop. He also can't return kicks, Moss can.

Gerris Wilkerson - Phenomenal pick. Can't wait to see this guy on special teams. I don't think hes a big drop off from Mcintosh (someone you wanted in the first).

Also, I can't wait for Lendale to be labelled as a "bust." All of you who are saying you wanted him right now will pretend like you knew he would suck and praise EA for passing on him, just like you would have.

I don't think so. I believe that having Vince Young as his QB will only help his game. Tennessee is a great place for him.

No, Lendale is going to be a fine back in the NFL. I like his style of play a lot.

He's a big back who likes to dance around like a small back. I think that's a recipe for disaster as we experienced first hand with Ron "No Gain" Dayne. The point is, I can undertand passing on him in favor of another position, especially given the quality of our backups.

He's a big back who likes to dance around like a small back. I think that's a recipe for disaster as we experienced first hand with Ron "No Gain" Dayne. The point is, I can undertand passing on him in favor of another position, especially given the quality of our backups.

you dont like what he did in the National Championship? Besides that 4th down stop at the end he had a better game than Reggie.

you dont like what he did in the National Championship? Besides that 4th down stop at the end he had a better game than Reggie.

I could name 15 great games that Ron Dayne had a Wisconsin. I just think the difference between college and pro defenses will be too much for him.

Pick One was a head scratcher, and still is. With so many other needs, and so much other talent available at the time, selecting Idi will go down in Giants history for all the wrong reasons.

Carbo , i dont think pick 1 is perplexing at all ( after some time of reflection )

Lets face it , Strahan is getting old now , prone to back spasms etc , he can't handle every down, he may have only a few games left for us ! remember 2004. Tuck looks good but is young and unproven ( and was a late round pick , 4th i think anyway ) We need to have a strong pass rush , We need another Osi type..... this guy could be the 1. Plus he was one of the BPA on our boards. A suprising pick yes , but a good pick upon reflection IMO

I think it's premature to declare that the Giants "blew" a draft pick. It's one thing to disagree with a selection -- there are players I would have preferred instead of Kiwi -- but we have to at least gives player a chance before determining whether or not the team made a wise pick...

Guest So.Cal Dub

I questioned the pick, and still feel it wasn't the right thing to do, but now if you look at the positves about it, we are gonna have one hell of a front seven. We'll be a nightmare to other teams.

This franchise's philosophy is that you can never have enough guys that rush the passer. If you base the 2005 production of the starting De's(along with backup Tucks) along these lines its hard to argue with their logic. Although De was not a position of great need, the Giants obviously felt that this was a guy that no matter what the need was was too hard to pass up. I cannot help but think back to the 2003 draft when we were in dire need of a DT, we drafted William Joseph, who was the 6th(I believe) DT taken that day. There were many other BPA's to be had yet we went simply for the need.

With the Giants recent success in drafting DE's I cannot argue the talent of the pick, the logic is a bit troubling, but 3 years from now if he is starting alongside OSI and we do not miss a beat from Strahan we will look back at this pick with high regard.

The last few years, we have been known to reach a couple of picks. And both times all of us ripped our team for it. First it was Osi in 2003, who we ripped relentlessly, then in 2004 it was Snee in the second, who people also didn't like as soon as we found out it was TC's son in law. Now we're looking at two young and upcoming players and a lot of the fans that criticized those picks are eating shit. Hopefully, the same happens here.

I agree with the Giants passing on Justice. He's a problem child and the Giants aren't into that mindset. Kudos to the FO for sticking to their principals. But that's where my agreement ends.

I think you're being generous giving the selection of Moss a B. He wasn't the best receiver on the board at the time. And he's nothing more than a gimmick, who'll be gone in two years. Remember the Jets and their selection of his more talented brother?

Let's hope today brings some sleepers and steals. Bavaro was a 4th round pick. . .a fella can dream, can't he?

I'm sure each one of us has his/her own opinion as to how make our team better. While our first pick caught us all by surprise, I think we should trust our FO having done their due deligence (sp). Let's face it guys, they do this full time.. it's their profession. Whether Moss was the best receiver in the draft or not is also debatable (as is every pick in the draft anyway). We're not looking for just any reciever, we're looking for that 3rd reciever who can stretch the field. We already have Plax and Toomer as the big targets. We we really needed here is a Tim Carter who can catch the ball...

I'm not going to comment on every single pick, knowing college players is not my strong suit. I'm sticking to the principle that you let people do what they do best. Our FO and Coaching staff's job is to get us solid players and I think they've done a great job this off-season.