SportsWrath

Ghost of Christmas past

*SDMF*

Now that Washington smoked Philly and we're about to lose to Baltimore, basketball sucks, and there's no hockey (that sucks, too)....what do people do in the winter? Get more work accomplished on Sundays, I'm guessing.

Guess you were right.

Btw I love basketball. Hate college hoops though mostly.

Or maybe I jinxed it, who knows.

I do know that JPP is exactly right, the team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs and unlike last year, would never, ever do any damage to any of the superior NFC teams. We would not beat the 9ers or Packers again. We would lose to the Seahawks and Vikings because they have beastly running backs and good decision makers at QB. The Giants team this year only wins when they get 14 turnovers in a game....and even then, they struggle to put the ball in the end zone and pass up field goal attempts entirely.

Yea seriously. This team got old and content really fast.

Bug changes coming, especially on the front 7 which is surprising because I though this unit was a strength.

Look for us to draft a defensive end in the first round :)

Probably should be an offensive lineman, though....and admittedly, I was wrong on that front, I thought our offensive line was good for one more year when most people were saying we totally ignored the position. The days of finesse offensive linemen are over. Chris Snee's days as a serviceable offensive lineman are over and he's always been a human penalty machine so he literally has no impact on our offensive line other than a negative one. David Diehl needs to throw the damn towel. David Baas is the worst free agent signing in recent memory. Beatty and Locklear are decent albeit, always banged up.

A team that was young and hungry got incredibly complacent and old in the span of about 4 games. The coaching staff to me, appears not to prepare the team well for big, season altering games. So we end up with players giving about 10% effort and coaches that match it.

A team that was young and hungry got incredibly complacent and old in the span of about 4 games. The coaching staff to me, appears not to prepare the team well for big, season altering games. So we end up with players giving about 10% effort and coaches that match it.

Certainly that's the way it's looked much of this season, though at the time, I thought the SF, GB & NO victories were "season altering" wins. But even putting those aside, I don't think we were doubting this coaching staff's ability to get a team ready for big games last year, were we? I think it's a combination of a lot of things, yes, some involving coaching & strategy but to me, we just suddenly look old and slow.

The team has a few problems, but the most glaring to me:

Both lines underperform, are overrated, and frankly, just flat-out suck.

In year 9, our qb is still a total enigma.

Our GM doesnt seem to care much about any position besides DE and WR, and the coaches can't adjust.