Eli - 20,800,000

Webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

Tuck - 5,600,000

Canty- 8,200,000

Baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Jesus , we have some problems in 2013 with the CAP ....( especially when you consider that we have to find a way of paying both Cruz and Nicks ! )

Surely we need to restructure with Eli, Canty and Webster

Keep Rolle ....he has been great IMO ( apart from his mouth sometimes )

Tuck - please retire gracefully before it gets embarassing !

Diehl & Bass .....must go

Not sure about Boley , i have mixed opinions of him

What do you guys reckon ?

UK

2013 Cap Hits

Eli - 20,800,000

Webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

Tuck - 5,600,000

Canty- 8,200,000

Baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Jesus , we have some problems in 2013 with the CAP ....( especially when you consider that we have to find a way of paying both Cruz and Nicks ! )

UK

2013 will be a bad year for the Giants but will be very good for years to come... cut out the dead weight... take the hits from all those players who are not living up to their contract size and gear up in 2014 for a retooling. A great scenario would be to win the SB now... suck so badly in 2013 ... get great draft position ... cut the dead weight and have plenty to get fresh blood. I'm not worried.

No doubt there will be some tough decisions.

You can add the fact that our starting LT will be free agent. Protecting the QBs blind side is kinda important....and expensive.

I think our problem is at guard... Beaty is doing ok isn't he?

2013 Cap Hits

Eli - 20,800,000

Webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

Tuck - 5,600,000

Canty- 8,200,000

Baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

I don't always understand how these things work in regards to cap hits and the like. I know sometimes you can cut a player but you're still responsible for part or all of their salary anyway. However, of those guys, here are the ones I don't think are worth their salary:

Diehl- 7,450,000 - dude is flat-out done. Got old overnight and that's a shame, because he's always been an unselfish guy.

Tuck - 5,600,000 - see above.

Canty- 8,200,000 - was honestly never worth the money. He's a B, B- player that's been making A+ money... plays DT but can't stop the run to save his life. You can get a fat guy in there for the veteran minimum that gives you everything Canty does.

There's some other guys in there that I'd say are on the fence (Baas, Boley, etc) but I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for another year.

I think our problem is at guard... Beaty is doing ok isn't he?

Beatty is playing fine...but he will be a free agent in the offseason, meaning he'll likely want to field offers given his above average play. Any way you cut it, we're going to have to pay for that position unless there is a guy in line to assume Beatty's role.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

With some young players on the team showing promise and a lot of these old vets who have been to the Superbowl looking like their way out the door the Giants might be in a "reboot" period after this season.

Reese could clean house and hope that the young guys/FA step in to keep the Giants competitive or it could set them back and miss the playoffs for a few seasons.

Eli isn't getting any younger and recently has regressed in his play hopefully just a bad slump and let's face it teams like the 'Skins and Cowboys are just going to remain competitive especially with Robert the Third and the Eagles being the only team I can see being a team in rebuild after they fire Reid and clean out the roster.

Going to be interesting to see what the Giants are going to be like in the next few seasons, however I'm confident if they Giants finish out the schedule they can make a dent in the playoffs and maybe even another shot at the Lombardi.

basically we are paying a fuck of a lot of money to Eli Manning to be ELITE .........and if he isnt ....we're fucked !

Eli is worth the money... he just needs an OL and that's the problem on that side of the ball.. aside from players like Nicks being rushed back from injuries.. and Cruz catching a case of dropsies lately. I do think Eli is taking a huge Chunk but I'm sure there are a lot of teams who would pay him that much.

Eli is worth the money... he just needs an OL and that's the problem on that side of the ball.. aside from players like Nicks being rushed back from injuries.. and Cruz catching a case of dropsies lately. I do think Eli is taking a huge Chunk but I'm sure there are a lot of teams who would pay him that much.

Eli's problems are more than just the OLine or banged-up receivers.

Eli's problems are more than just the OLine or banged-up receivers.

I always wonder that.

Dude has been in the league for 9 years, has two rings, two MVPs, two Pro Bowls, and is still such an enigma. I wonder how he'd do without Gilly... he could flourish or totally flop.

Webster really isn't worth 10 million either. We can likely find a FA of his caliber for half of that cap hit.

I see us parting ways with some of the older guys, past their prime. Webster, Diehl, Tuck, Canty. I appreciate their contributions over the years, however they are dead weight at this point.

Webster really isn't worth 10 million either. We can likely find a FA of his caliber for half of that cap hit.

I see us parting ways with some of the older guys, past their prime. Webster, Diehl, Tuck, Canty. I appreciate their contributions over the years, however they are dead weight at this point.

Exactly we could get Revis for that

We got old really fast in a lot of spots. It's going to hurt to see some of these guys go if that has to happen. Diehl and Tuck will be remembered as great Giants but it's pretty clear they're in the twilight of their careers. Webster too and I think some of his struggles can be attributed to injuries but that's a big cap number. This is going to be a huge offseason for Reese and the front office. Philly is down for the moment but Washington took their place and Dallas will still be around. Lots of tough decisions to be made.

Eli has re-structured once and he will do so again Im sure - to be able to accomodate Cruz and Nicks - Cruz certainly - Nicks not too sure. Webster needs to go. Mook is playing at a very high level and is only getting better. We can get someone else to replace him. The OL needs an overhaul. The entire offense is based on the OL and we need some major upgrades there. Gallery might come cheap if he is available?

I don't always understand how these things work in regards to cap hits and the like. I know sometimes you can cut a player but you're still responsible for part or all of their salary anyway. However, of those guys, here are the ones I don't think are worth their salary:

Diehl- 7,450,000 - dude is flat-out done. Got old overnight and that's a shame, because he's always been an unselfish guy.

Tuck - 5,600,000 - see above.

Canty- 8,200,000 - was honestly never worth the money. He's a B, B- player that's been making A+ money... plays DT but can't stop the run to save his life. You can get a fat guy in there for the veteran minimum that gives you everything Canty does.

There's some other guys in there that I'd say are on the fence (Baas, Boley, etc) but I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for another year.

^This^... I used to be a Canty semi-supporter...but I have reformed. Like I originally posted about a month ago...the Giants need a big hunking Samoan or Tongan to plug up the center of that line...he doesn't even have to create a push up the middle...just clog those fucking lanes like he is trying to catch that runaway pig from the barbecue pit... ;)

Exactly...

2013 Cap Hits

Eli - 20,800,000

Webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

Tuck - 5,600,000

Canty- 8,200,000

Baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

UK

Eli - 20,800,000....................adjust

Webster - 9,900,000...........adjust

Rolle- 9,250,000 .................adjust

Diehl- 7,450,000...................gone

Tuck - 5,600,000................ adjust or trade

Canty- 8,200,000...............adjust or trade

Baas- 6,700,000...................adjust or cut

Boley- 5,900,000..................adjusf or trade