SportsWrath

Jets Draft....

Exit 117

2006 NFL DRAFT PICKS

1st Round Pick (NYJ) - 4th overall - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT)

1st Round Pick (DEN) - 29th overall; acquired in John Abraham 3-way trade - Nick Mangold ©

2nd Round Pick (DAL) - 49th overall; acquired from Dallas - Kellen Clemens (QB)

3rd Round Pick (PHI) - 76th overall; acquired from Philadelphia - Anthony Schlegel (ILB)

3rd Round Pick (Compensation) - 97th overall - Eric Smith (S)

4th Round Pick (NYJ) - 103rd overall - Brad Smith (RB/WR/QB)

4th Round Pick (KC) - 117th overall; acquired as compensation for HC Herman Edwards (KC) - Leon Washington (RB)

5th Round Pick (DAL) - 150th overall; acquired from Dallas - Jason Pociask (TE)

6th Round Pick (WAS) - 189th overall; acquired from Dallas - Drew Coleman (CB)

7th Round Pick (PHI) - 220th overall; acquired from Philadelphia - Titus Adams (DT)

---

Not bad. I wanted Leinart at #4, but I can def. settle with Ferguson. Mangold was a great pick. Clemens was good, too.

Grades:

Ferguson: A+

Mangold: A+

Clemens: A-

Schlegel: C

E. Smith: D+

B. Smith: C

Washington: B

Pociask: B-

Coleman: D

Adams: B-

Overall: B

What do you guys think of the draft?

I hate the Jets but I gotta admit, you guys did a hell of a job. Ferguson was the way to go and it's great that Jets fans understood that you have to rebuild a franchise from the inside out, and that's what the Jets new FO knew when they drafted two o-linemen in the first round.

In the second, I think they should've stayed at #35 and gotten Lendale White. He's going to be a stud and would've been a tremendous pick by you and was a tremendous pick by the Titans. It would've triggered some explosions but I think the Jets could've gotten McNeil at 49, which really wouldn't be so bad of a pick. Clemens was an interesting pick. I don't really like QBs in the second, I don't know why but I don't. He's got potential and who knows what the Jets will get out of him.

Overall, very solid draft. A-

btw exit, did you hear that Tannenbaum tried very hard to get to #9 to draft Leinart? Wow, would radio city hall rocked if that happened.

2006 NFL DRAFT PICKS

1st Round Pick (NYJ) - 4th overall - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT)

1st Round Pick (DEN) - 29th overall; acquired in John Abraham 3-way trade - Nick Mangold ©

2nd Round Pick (DAL) - 49th overall; acquired from Dallas - Kellen Clemens (QB)

3rd Round Pick (PHI) - 76th overall; acquired from Philadelphia - Anthony Schlegel (ILB)

3rd Round Pick (Compensation) - 97th overall - Eric Smith (S)

4th Round Pick (NYJ) - 103rd overall - Brad Smith (RB/WR/QB)

4th Round Pick (KC) - 117th overall; acquired as compensation for HC Herman Edwards (KC) - Leon Washington (RB)

5th Round Pick (DAL) - 150th overall; acquired from Dallas - Jason Pociask (TE)

6th Round Pick (WAS) - 189th overall; acquired from Dallas - Drew Coleman (CB)

7th Round Pick (PHI) - 220th overall; acquired from Philadelphia - Titus Adams (DT)

I don't think the first 2 picks could have been any better. These two players will go a long way in laying the foundation for the team. Clemens was also a great pick.

A++ on 1st 3.

Not a fan of Schlegel, I thought this was the only bad pick in the draft.

I like e. smith a lot but thought it might be a reach. good pick though as long as he stays healthy.

Titus Adams was a solid pickup in the 7th. I thought he was 4-5 round talent at worst.

overall, phenomenal draft. the jets are still a few years away but this is a good starting point.

it doenst matter who your quarterback is, if the o-line can't block, u r gonna have serious problems

Which is why the Jets took a big step in the right direction by getting Mangold and Ferguson.

Calm down, I wasn't debating you here, I was just adding on to your post.

i know. but its like DUHHH

I was praying for the Saints to get Bush cuz i would be afraid if the Jets got him. Ferguson is good, but he's not going to have the impact Reggie would have had.

• 1 month later...
it doenst matter who your quarterback is, if the o-line can't block, u r gonna have serious problems

Yeah but what if everyone can block but you have no HBs or QB like the Jets? :confused: I never believed in taking an O lineman with the first pick he usually doesnt live up to standards and an Offensice line is like one big unit. If everyone is on the same page, the whole line will be good. If they have no confidence, they will all suck.