SportsWrath

If you hate this draft, voice your displeasure here

Guest Floyd The Barber

I like the 3rd pick because it improve our overall team speed. Lets face it, before LaVar came, Tobor was our fastest LB at 4.79.

Pierce looks pretty damn fast to me in actual game time, which is all that counts to me.

I think the Cards aren't going to be basing draft picks on forty times for a pretty long time after what happened with Suggs.

People are forgetting that this Wilkinson pick was one of the last picks of the first day. How can you blame EA for passing up on the guys you wanted, such as Watson. I don't see the other 31 teams' fans yelling at their GM for passing on him three straight times. Do you?

We don't need significant impacts. The Pats rarely draft players with significant impacts and same with other perennial playoff teams.

The Wilkinson pick was also for depth and special teams. I don't think we see him as a starter in the near future or in the future in general.

Trust me, we will be rotating Mathias into our DEs often. I have a feeling Strahan will be pulled more on third and longs due to the quote EA said about how him and Lavar will be tough to stop pass rush wise. So you can be certain that you'll se him play this year, and he may produce effectively somewhat. And he can also extend Strahan's career that way.

There were players who could earn a staring job. Watson has the talent and the coaching staff has gotten one lazy DT to start playing up to his ability Watson can do the same.

Why waste our first pick with someone who we don't intend to have start ever or our third pick for depth still so early in the draft?

Pierce looks pretty damn fast to me in actual game time, which is all that counts to me.

I think the Cards aren't going to be basing draft picks on forty times for a pretty long time after what happened with Suggs.

He looked what? Whoa, whoa, whoa Gateb. Let's not go overboard. I know peirce had a Pro-Bowl year. But lets not kid ourselves by saying he looked fast. He did a great job putting himself and his teammate in the right position on every play.

There were players who could earn a staring job. Watson has the talent and the coaching staff has gotten one lazy DT to start playing up to his ability Watson can do the same.

Why waste our first pick with someone who we don't intend to have start ever or our third pick for depth still so early in the draft?

Because expecting and/or relying on rookies to start is the type of recipe that undermines seasons.

He looked what? Whoa, whoa, whoa Gateb. Let's not go overboard. I know peirce had a Pro-Bowl year. But lets not kid ourselves by saying he looked fast. He did a great job putting himself and his teammate in the right position on every play.

When he came up the middle on certain rushes... he looked a little faster then the forty time says.

The forty time is bad to judge an LB by because they usually start running when they are standing. On the forty time, I believe they start with their hands on the ground, so that may hold their time back a bit.

For all we know, maybe we do intend for him to do something while starting in the near future. We, as simple message board posters, can speculate all we want right now and now know what we do with our first three choices.

Because expecting and/or relying on rookies to start is the type of recipe that undermines seasons.

I should have said start in a year or two.... ;)

Not trying to be sarcastic but, is Grady Jackson worth signing at this point?

When he came up the middle on certain rushes... he looked a little faster then the forty time says.

The forty time is bad to judge an LB by because they usually start running when they are standing. On the forty time, I believe they start with their hands on the ground, so that may hold their time back a bit.

For all we know, maybe we do intend for him to do something while starting in the near future. We, as simple message board posters, can speculate all we want right now and now know what we do with our first three choices.

I retract my previous statement. He did looked pretty awesome. :rock:

I hate this draft except for Moss even though i would have taken Jackson EA fucked up big....kind of pathetic.....

Thing is, we still got our guy at WR, and we also got our future at DE in Mathias who can also come in now and maybe keep Strahan more well rested.

Why jump to concluisons so quickly?

Thing is, we still got our guy at WR, and we also got our future at DE in Mathias who can also come in now and maybe keep Strahan more well rested.

Why jump to concluisons so quickly?

Because we have Umineyora(sp?) and Tuck as our future DE...im still stuck on Tuck i think if he is given a chance to start he will be very good....

Because we have Umineyora(sp?) and Tuck as our future DE...im still stuck on Tuck i think if he is given a chance to start he will be very good....

Apparently, the Giants aren't sold on Tuck for the future. Or maybe we foresee Tuck moving to DT as a Giant.

Apparently, the Giants aren't sold on Tuck for the future. Or maybe we foresee Tuck moving to DT as a Giant.

Well, on third down in obvious pass rush situations. I remember when they did that last season the Fab 4 jumped all over that!

Tuck is not moving to DT full time. He's a pure DE and a talented one at that.

I imagine that having both Tuck and Kiwi is intended to be thorough preparation for when Strahan retires. Hedging bets is a wise strategy, especially when replacing a HOF player. The question is, is investing a 1st round pick in a "hedge" (aka insurance policy) worthwhile?

how can you call yourself a Giant Fan and defend what went on thus far ?? shouldnt you be trying on tuxedos and have your balls in a vice that is slowly being tightened by your fiance ??

get lost you

It's your own fault that your opinions fall on deaf ears.

If you were always a normal rational person who would look at the draft and say you didn't like it that would be one thing. But you have always been an idiotic crybaby who has done nothing but complain complain and complain about EVERY SINGLE MOVE that EA has made.

It's like the friggin boy who cried wolf, no one wants to hear you even when you (surprise!) might have a point after you've cried falsely for so long.

EA could bring back LT in his prime for 3 mil a year and you'd still find a way to call for his head.

-Z

Edited by Zelmo

Pat Kirwan actually said on Sirius radio that he loves the Mathias pick and thinks on third down we move Strahan and Tuck to DT and OSi and Mathias at ends. Thoughts?

If those two can play DT at least 3/4 as well as they play end, that's one sick pass rush.

yeah lets move a HOF DE to a spot HE HAS NEVER PLAYED on passing downs :confused:

This pick was for the future, this franchise holds pass rushing DE's as one of the most important needs of a team.

Lets face it, Strahan is not getting any younger, I fully expect him at 34 to have a productive year in 06, but lets look beyond that. There will come a point in time when Strahan will probably not be an everydown player in the not too distant future and having guys that can play the position when he is not in there is obviously something that the organization deems imprtant.

I hope Strahan plays another 5 years at this level, thinking for the future is a good thing when you have conviction about a player. With that said, its risky taking a DE in that spot.

For all the Watson lovers there is a reason he is still there, lets see how things play out.