SportsWrath

Giants 3rd Round Pick (96) -- Gerris Wilkinson, LB, Georgia Tech

Lughead

Overall: Wilkinson redshirted in 2001 and played primarily on special teams in 13 games in 2002. He moved into a fulltime starting role at defensive end in 2005 and finished with 47 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and four sacks in 13 games. He moved to inside linebacker as a junior in 2004, started all 12 games and finished with a team-high 119 tackles, 17 TFL, 4.5 sacks and one interception. Wilkinson earned second-team All-ACC for the second consecutive season as a senior in 2005, finishing with 79 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks and one interception. Wilkinson has good versatility after spending time at inside and outside linebacker, as well as defensive end during his career at Georgia Tech. He lacks ideal speed and his range versus the run and in coverage will be far more limited in the NFL. However, he is a smooth, instinctive athlete with the potential .

I dont get it, EA did a good job with the Free Agents but this draft :TD:

Hopefully there will be no more DE/LB tweeners left on the board tomorrow.

Okay, whatever...we'll see what EA does tommorow. No more predictions...I threw my mock away. Ususally, I watched the draft with no mock or research done...I would research the players we drafted and make some conclusions then.

I think I just need to do more research for the next draft.

I dont get it, EA did a good job with the Free Agents but this draft :TD:

Hopefully there will be no more DE/LB tweeners left on the board tomorrow.

G, let's face it. They're the experts. I'm sure they did their homework. EA knows what he's doing. Just because some of the guys were not on anyone's mock draft, it doesn't mean they're not good players. Am I shocked with our picks? You bet. Disappointed? Hell no. EA brought us the likes of Shockey, Eli and Osi... and yeah.. Lavar too. :rock:

Gateb, everyone is allowed their opinion. People are allowed to disagree with a pick.

gateb is not suggesting that people aren't entitled to opinions. He's suggesting -- and I agree with him wholeheartedly -- that people who don't follow the draft closely yet invariably hate who the Giants pick are being silly.

gateb is not suggesting that people aren't entitled to opinions. He's suggesting -- and I agree with him wholeheartedly -- that people who don't follow the draft closely yet invariably hate who the Giants pick are being silly.

Fair enough...but for the people who do follow the draft and college football, like myself, can certainly vent. Kiwi, to me, certainly was a bit of a headscratcher. I like the rest of the picks, but sometimes, I just can't stand reading afterwards the same old lines from Accorsie and Coughlin about how highly rated Kiwi was, and that they were set to take him at #25 and so on and so forth.

Bottom line, didn't like the first pick, but I can't complain about the other 2.

Fair enough...but for the people who do follow the draft and college football, like myself, can certainly vent. Kiwi, to me, certainly was a bit of a headscratcher. I like the rest of the picks, but sometimes, I just can't stand reading afterwards the same old lines from Accorsie and Coughlin about how highly rated Kiwi was, and that they were set to take him at #25 and so on and so forth.

Bottom line, didn't like the first pick, but I can't complain about the other 2.

I agree with that. Hopefully we get a couple of quality DTs on Day 2...

Money, just the other day we were discussing how watson was borderline first round material. would you think that it would be worth the risk to have taken him in the 3rd? i know what's done is done, but we drafted rod babers in the 4th, no way could this be more of a waste.

Yes, but the difference is you can express your displeasure in the form of a complete sentence that lacks needless profanity. Unfortunately there aren't many like you so it gets annoying to keep hearing reduntant and borderline insane (EA should be beaten with a blunt object comes to mind) garbage from people that don't really know what they are talking about.