SportsWrath

NFC Special Teams Player of the Month - Lawrence Tynes

BleedinBlue

Have to admit....Tynes has been really good this year.

He has been named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month for October. In those four games for the month, Tynes was 13-of-14 on field goal attempts and 12-for-12 on extra point tries and had nine touchbacks on kickoffs.

When someone does really well on the special teams, it tends to be noticed, but rarely talked about. Tynes has been money in the bank all year and how nice it is to finally get some steady play out of our kicking game. I no longer hold my breath when we go for a field goal. I tip my hat to the man with the golden leg! :cheers:

Dude is our offensive MVP so far.

He definitely won the Dallas game. We needed every one of those kicks and he delivered. If there is one thing the offense has trouble with it's not scoring enough touchdowns in the red zone. Tynes making all of his kicks has really helped minimize any damage that could have caused so far.

He definitely won the Dallas game. We needed every one of those kicks and he delivered. If there is one thing the offense has trouble with it's not scoring enough touchdowns in the red zone. Tynes making all of his kicks has really helped minimize any damage that could have caused so far.

very good point.