SportsWrath

offensive line adjustment

Lughead

from pat traina's twitter:

For those asking about the possibility of Diehl for Locklear, I might point out that according to @PFF ...

...Locklear has allowed 21 QB hurries, more than double the amount given up by the rest of the o-line. ...

He has also allowed 4 QB hits, tied with Baas for 2nd most (behind Boothe).

I hope so. The line's been at it's best while he's been out though.

That's true.

The way I see it, Coughlin wants to give a healthy Diehl the opportunity to prove that he is the better RT option right now.

However, they now understand what Locklear can do.....he's not a pro-bowler by any stretch, but he is a capable starter.

So now, Locklear has set a bar for Diehl....and if Diehl can't clear it, then at least Coughlin can make the switch fairly.....and I doubt it would take a long time to make that switch.

Again, that's just my opinion of how the coaching staff is going about this.

Isn't Eli among the least sacked QBs in the league right now? Our running game has improved over last year....not sure why you'd fix something that doesn't appear to be all that broken.

I don't think it's due to lack of pressure though, he's gotten excellent at being a slippery bastard back there.

I find it funny Rodgers has been sacked 28 times, the most in the nfl but he is the most elusive qb. Alex Smith has been sacked 22 times, yet the 49ers have the best oline to ever take the field. Eli has been sacked 6 times and our oline is terrible and Eli can't escape to save his life

I find it funny Rodgers has been sacked 28 times, the most in the nfl but he is the most elusive qb. Alex Smith has been sacked 22 times, yet the 49ers have the best oline to ever take the field. Eli has been sacked 6 times and our oline is terrible and Eli can't escape to save his life

I always see the talking heads praising Eli's elusiveness.