SportsWrath

Picture of the day

JMFP

Talk about extreme emotion going back and forth. First, the turnover on the Cowboy's last drive that left the crowd stunned and Giants fans prematurely celebrating their victory. Then the boys got the ball back with enough time on the clock to try for a touchdown however unlikelly. Then as the boys moved the ball closer and closer to the goal line, Giants fans stopped celebrating and started crapping their pants while the boy's fans had renewed hope. Then came the incredible throw and catch for what appeared to be a touchdown. Now the boy's fans are celebrating to beat the band and Giants fans are stunned into silence and disgusted. Then the replay and the reverse call and I could hear the moan of the crowd all the way back here in NY as the celebrating crowd got their bubble bursted. But it wasn't over and I don't think a Giants' fan in the world wasn't holding their breath thinking we could still lose this game.

I can't remember a game in which I was so completely convinced we were going to lose and holding my breath til the very last second clicked off the clock. I wasn't even happy.....I was emotionally spent.....angry....didn't feel as if we deserved to win....yet appreciative of the fact that we are so into the boy's heads that we own them on their own field. Very ugly game in which we simply lucked out. If Bryant pulls his arm in even slightly after the catch, the Giants lose.

Talk about extreme emotion going back and forth. First, the turnover on the Cowboy's last drive that left the crowd stunned and Giants fans prematurely celebrating their victory. Then the boys got the ball back with enough time on the clock to try for a touchdown however unlikelly. Then as the boys moved the ball closer and closer to the goal line, Giants fans stopped celebrating and started crapping their pants while the boy's fans had renewed hope. Then came the incredible throw and catch for what appeared to be a touchdown. Now the boy's fans are celebrating to beat the band and Giants fans are stunned into silence and disgusted. Then the replay and the reverse call and I could hear the moan of the crowd all the way back here in NY as the celebrating crowd got their bubble bursted. But it wasn't over and I don't think a Giants' fan in the world wasn't holding their breath thinking we could still lose this game.

I can't remember a game in which I was so completely convinced we were going to lose and holding my breath til the very last second clicked off the clock. I wasn't even happy.....I was emotionally spent.....angry....didn't feel as if we deserved to win....yet appreciative of the fact that we are so into the boy's heads that we own them on their own field. Very ugly game in which we simply lucked out. If Bryant pulls his arm in even slightly after the catch, the Giants lose.

Well put.. I watched the game with a few friends.. in a sports bar in Brooklyn yesterday.. my best friend who's a boys fan screamed right into my ear (God I fucking hate that) when the boys scored that last TD that was reversed.... The only weird feeling is I actually expected the game to be a roller coaster seeing that 23-0 lead.. while others were saying let's call it a day.. I had that weird feeling.. just knowing how this game is played.. glad we got the win.

We've already seen them blow big leads, it has happened before and will happen again. Best thing I saw from the game was they didn't give up.

FINISH

Something we did yesterday and Cowboys couldn't.

It was embarrassing seeing them blow a 23 point lead, I will say that. They could have come out on top 30+ to 0 and made a statement to the NFL, but NOOOOO.

We've already seen them blow big leads, it has happened before and will happen again. Best thing I saw from the game was they didn't give up.

FINISH

Something we did yesterday and Cowboys couldn't.

I fully disagree with that. They gave up the entire 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters and threw it on cruise control the entire game hoping to not lose instead of actively trying to win. If not for pure, blind, dumb luck, we lose that game. Embarrassing.

I fully disagree with that. They gave up the entire 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters and threw it on cruise control the entire game hoping to not lose instead of actively trying to win. If not for pure, blind, dumb luck, we lose that game. Embarrassing.

I agree, Storm.....when the other team turns it over 6 times, and you are sweating out a win in the final seconds, that tells me that your offense sucked that day.

I agree, Storm.....when the other team turns it over 6 times, and you are sweating out a win in the final seconds, that tells me that your offense sucked that day.

That's the point.. the O played it safe.. no sense of urgency.. no reason for not having Brown have more carries among other things. However I'd rather have a lucky win than a tough loss.

That's the point.. the O played it safe.. no sense of urgency.. no reason for not having Brown have more carries among other things. However I'd rather have a lucky win than a tough loss.

I think you have to give a little bit of credit to Dallas for shutting down our air game. Eli had some bad throws, but our guys were covered very well and they stuffed our run game. Dallas played great defense.....and their offense was really sporadic with 6 turnovers while still putting up a record number of yards for Romo.

Even when we got the turnovers, we couldn't capitalize and settled for field goals (except JPP pick 6)....and thank heavens, Tynes was money all day long. Had we converted a few of those turnovers into touchdowns, the game wouldn't have been close at all. But Dallas stuffed us in the red zone over and over.

I think you have to give a little bit of credit to Dallas for shutting down our air game. Eli had some bad throws, but our guys were covered very well and they stuffed our run game. Dallas played great defense.....and their offense was really sporadic with 6 turnovers while still putting up a record number of yards for Romo.

Even when we got the turnovers, we couldn't capitalize and settled for field goals (except JPP pick 6)....and thank heavens, Tynes was money all day long. Had we converted a few of those turnovers into touchdowns, the game wouldn't have been close at all. But Dallas stuffed us in the red zone over and over.

Giving Dallas credit means our guys didn't play with the same intensity... Look I'm glad we won the game but we didn't capitalize on all of these TOs settling for FGs... and it's not like we didn't have a running game.. the one sighting of Brown I remember he ran for 8 or 9 yards.. then we .. go completely away from what's working for us... wtf is Gilbride thinking?

Giving Dallas credit means our guys didn't play with the same intensity... Look I'm glad we won the game but we didn't capitalize on all of these TOs settling for FGs... and it's not like we didn't have a running game.. the one sighting of Brown I remember he ran for 8 or 9 yards.. then we .. go completely away from what's working for us... wtf is Gilbride thinking?

Its what makes me hate on Gilfuck...he gets too cute by half...

completely agree, Nas. I don't get it. And the NFL and ESPN are making a big deal out of Garrett and Romo throwing 3 straight needing only a yard....well, what about the countless minutes we left on the clock because we got pass happy but couldn't complete passes and refused to run the ball? And when we did try to get it to Brown, it was lame attempts like WR screens to him spread out wide.