SportsWrath

I'm breaking my no topic rule.......I LOVE STEVIE BROWN

JackStroud

Again why are people talking about him replacing KP instead of Rolle? Last I checked Rolle is killing us cap-wise and while a good player has his air-head moments giving up a big play here and there... I can totally see KP and SB as our Safeties after this season... unless Rolle restructures then we may have that 3 safety alignment.

yeah, it's the way the remaining years of Rolle's deal are set up. There's so much prorated bonus money that would all come forward into the current year, that there wouldn't be much benefit in cutting him this year. Next year, there'd be some savings, but again, you don't cut a guy this year to benefit you next year. And even then, there'd be more of a benefit to keep him than to cut him.

And besides, Rolle's been decent at safety, his natural position. He's been a good leader in the locker room. Not to mention, Rolle has stayed on the field...at least more so than KP.

Let KP walk, keep Rolle/Brown/Sash/Hill

yeah, it's the way the remaining years of Rolle's deal are set up. There's so much prorated bonus money that would all come forward into the current year, that there wouldn't be much benefit in cutting him this year. Next year, there'd be some savings, but again, you don't cut a guy this year to benefit you next year. And even then, there'd be more of a benefit to keep him than to cut him.

And besides, Rolle's been decent at safety, his natural position. He's been a good leader in the locker room. Not to mention, Rolle has stayed on the field...at least more so than KP.

Let KP walk, keep Rolle/Brown/Sash/Hill

Also really strong safety class next year, there are 6 that have first round talent.

Let's see how the rest of the year plays out before we start playing fantasy gm. It's a great problem to have right now and I'm sure Fewell will find a way to keep everyone involved. Brown definitely has a nose for the ball and I don't want to shit in everyones cornflakes but if Bryants hand lands in bounds last Sunday we're probably complaining about Brown being late getting over to the play.