SportsWrath

I'm breaking my no topic rule.......I LOVE STEVIE BROWN

JackStroud

It will be a travesty if Brown comes off the field when KP is healthy.........KP is a likely cap casualty next year.....we should be aware now that DBs with knee issues do not come back 100%

We cannot pay everybody, and here we have been handed a BETTER replacement much like the Knicks were handed Jeremey Lin and then let him depart

keeping KP puts the re-signing of Cruz and Nicks in jeapordy.........I think Bradshaw needs to go also

With Will Hill looking good, and Stevie Brown proving himself and Sash looking better each game.....it's going to be a hard call when all of them are healthy. I think Rolle getting paid the amount of 20 players making a half mil a year, has the most to worry about.

Looking ahead, KP's contract is up after this year. Unrestricted Free Agent. Thing is, he hasn't been all that expensive. Cap hit this year is the highest it's been - $2.9M Rhodes from Arizona is 10th highest paid safety and his cap hit is over $5M, for instance. Rolle has two years remaining, cap hit $9.250 each year. To walk away, you'd need to pay him $4M he's still owed guaranteed. Steve Brown makes $540,000 on a 1 year deal. He's a Restricted Free Agent next year.

Depth is everything in the NFL today. Clearly, Reese will resign Brown and good as he's been, he'll be relatively cheap. Rolle isn't going anywhere, at least not next year. Not only is he playing very well now that he spends less time as a 3rd CB, he's still owed $4M guaranteed, which will be paid off after next year.

Which leads us back to KP....and depth. I can see Reese signing him if he stays as affordable as he's been, or at least close. Guess it depends on whether another team thinks enough of him to give him $5M or something in that neighborhood. If so, we'll let him walk and start looking for the next Steve Brown. That's Reese's style and that's the NFL.

Wasn't it 4th down anyway? Shouldn't he have just swatted it because we sure needed those extra yards.

Yeah it was and this is unfortunately where incentives actually hurt your team. I am sure he has escalators and with his basic salary those INTs are probably big money each.

Football is also entertainment and the interception with the toe taps was a thing of beauty

KP has to be getting pretty nervopus........I'm sure of these guys could play CB too....

If anything I see a 3 Safety combination the way they used to play with Grant.

Stevie Smith needs to stay on the field.

Ok I like Stevie Brown, but christ you guys are homers. You are missing all the big plays that Brown is giving, that Phillips doesn't and only paying attention to the plays he is making. Yes, he is a ballhawk, but at times that's what get him in trouble. I like him and wouldn't mind going three safety sets like we did last year, but saying he should replace Rolle or Phillips is asinine

I like KP and am not saying Steve Brown is better than him (though some will take the small sample size and make that determination)......BUT Phillips is an unrestricted free agent after this year. He'll be only 26 years old, a 5 year vet. If we have to match another team's offer of say, $30M /5 years, $12.5M guaranteed....and Steve Brown can be signed for $3M/3 years (he makes $540,000 now), it might not seem so assinine. These are the sort of hard decisions Reese will have to make in order to sign Cruz and Nicks, for instance.

Ok I like Stevie Brown, but christ you guys are homers. You are missing all the big plays that Brown is giving, that Phillips doesn't and only paying attention to the plays he is making. Yes, he is a ballhawk, but at times that's what get him in trouble. I like him and wouldn't mind going three safety sets like we did last year, but saying he should replace Rolle or Phillips is asinine

Then let us proceed down the assinine path we chose with Victor Cruz when 99% of the Giants Message Boards thought he could not hold Manningham's Jock Strap........we are doing pretty well with the Assinine move methinks

KP averages 1 INT per year SB averages more than 1 per game (plus his ST work and all the fumble recoveries)........I will live with this assininity all the way to another Lombardi

Lets make one more assinine move and bench Bradshaw for Andre Brown while we are at it.

I like KP and am not saying Steve Brown is better than him (though some will take the small sample size and make that determination)......BUT Phillips is an unrestricted free agent after this year. He'll be only 26 years old, a 5 year vet. If we have to match another team's offer of say, $30M /5 years, $12.5M guaranteed....and Steve Brown can be signed for $3M/3 years (he makes $540,000 now), it might not seem so assinine. These are the sort of hard decisions Reese will have to make in order to sign Cruz and Nicks, for instance.

We are getting some more room under the we lose Osi, we'll be losing Boley,Canty

I think we'll attempt to resign Canty. Canty is a quality DT, knows this defense, can line up at several spots and is a team leader, to boot.

His contract is not up until '14 and he will be 30. He is making 6.5 mill, next year. I like Canty, but age and cap space may force him out, we probably keep hom one more year, while we groom Kuhn

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/eli-manning/

Um...when we're looking at necessary restructures, we might want to consider the fact that Eli's cap number jumps from 9.6 million in 2012 to 20.85 million in 2013. All the prorated bonus money stays the same, but the annual salary jumps from 1.75 million to 13.00 million.

Yes, we'll get 6 million from the expiring Umenyiora contract, but that may very well be consumed by Eli's raise....and deservedly so.

Not to mention the following UFAs:

Will Beatty, Martellus Bennett, Sean Locklear, Lawrence Tynes, Domenik Hixon, Kevin Boothe, Chase Blackburn, Rocky Bernard, Ramses Barden, and a few others.

Also have the following RFAs:

Cruz, Stevie Brown, Andre Brown,

Yup. Some hard decisions to be made. You know some of those guys will be offered more than Reese thinks they're worth....and you know what he usually does at that point - he walks away. Sounds like Cruz will get done in the next week or two, so he'll never hit the market - that's a good thing.