SportsWrath

I guess we didn't beat Washington either...

Treehugger

DeAngelo Hall on Victor Cruz TD: 'We gave him that'

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: Oct. 24, 2012 at 01:45 p.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 24, 2012 at 02:39 p.m.

DeAngelo Hall and the Washington Redskins secondary did a decent job against Victor Cruz and company for most of their game against the New York Giants on Sunday. Things fell apart on Cruz's 77-yard touchdown game winner in fourth quarter.

Eli Manning said that he picked up on how Washington would approach things because of how they defended the two minute drive at the end of the first half.

"We tried to vary it as much as possible," DeAngelo Hall said Wednesday via the Washington Examiner. "For (Eli) to say that in the first half he picked up on it and to not make a play until the last play of the game? I don't know how well he picked up on it.

"Ultimately he did because he made the play to beat us, but I don't feel like he made that play. I feel we gave him that play. We just had one guy set his feet and one guy not do this. I could have thrown that ball and he would have scored. It wasn't something where he was a rocket scientist and he figured something out. We just played that as bad as possible."

Told of Hall's comments Wednesday, Manning thanked Hall for "giving" the pass to him. He agreed with Hall about one thing.

"I didn't say it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either. You got a guy running open, you hit him," Manning said via Bob Glauber of Newsday.

This may be our least favorite post-game quote trend: The opposing team didn't win, we lost. Manning lofted the ball more than forty yards, hitting Cruz mid-stride. Cruz's speed pulled away from the Redskins cornerbacks. The Giants made the play.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

What an idiot. Manning explicitly says he picked up on the way they DEFENDED THE TWO MINUTE DRILL BEFORE THE HALF. It would take until the two-minute drill before the end of the game in order to utilize that knowledge, obvious to everyone but DeAngelo Hall, apparently.

What an idiot. Manning explicitly says he picked up on the way they DEFENDED THE TWO MINUTE DRILL BEFORE THE HALF. It would take until the two-minute drill before the end of the game in order to utilize that knowledge, obvious to everyone but DeAngelo Hall, apparently.

Tuck agrees:

Justin Tuck: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall isn't that smart

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: Oct. 24, 2012 at 03:00 p.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 24, 2012 at 03:35 p.m.

DeAngelo Hall says that Eli Manning and Victor Cruz didn't make a play against the Washington Redskins. He gave it to them. Manning, for his part, thanked Hall for the opportunity.

New York Giants defensive tackle Justin Tuck was less diplomatic.

"DeAngelo Hall is not that smart," Tuck said.

Hall can show off his smarts and cover skills when the teams face off again on Dec. 3. With Robert Griffin III in the mix, Redskins-Giants is going to be must-see TV for a while.

"Dear Mr.Hall Sir,

I thank you profusely for the courtesy extended to us and for giving us an opportunity to score against you and your esteemed defense and organisation in general. We thank you for soiling yourself and for your charity in your sizeable donation to the Victor Cruz salsa foundation and permitting him to score a TD.

Once again, we immensely appreciate your very valuable contribution and will forever be in your debt for your kindness.

Sincerely,

Giants"

How many times does this make? We didn't beat GB, San Fran, (did we beat the Pats?)... What about Tampa, Carolina, Cleveland, San Fran AGAIN? These teams can't really be serious with this crap can they?

I mean I look at games we've lost and always think we could've done more to win, but always give credit to the victors.

Hall can show off his smarts and cover skills when the teams face off again on Dec. 3. With Robert Griffin III in the mix, Redskins-Giants is going to be must-see TV for a while.

What's the over-under RG3 is still healthy for that game? He did run out of bounds most of the time but he's a little guy. What's the odds he bites his tongue off?