SportsWrath

Well, it's official. Our season is over.

Sephiroth

Or at least the next seven weeks.

I just heard on WFAN that Craig Carson is picking us to end up in the NFC Championship game.

You know, every year, it amazes me that 1). people can't remember what happened more than six months ago, and 2). people don't seem to be able to have the foresight to see more than one weekend into the future. EVERY YEAR under Coughlin and Eli, we have a mid-season slump... and we're a game away from mid-season. Also, this team is the biggest "believe your own hype" and "read your own press clippings" team that I've ever seen. Unless they're the underdog, they lose... for some reason they just can't deal with success.

Let's go over the second half of the season and how things are going to go:

Cowboys - W - not midway point yet, plus they're in their own house, where we own them. "The Giants are going to the Super Bowl."

Steelers - L - our slide begins, but "well, we're losing to a playoff team."

Bengals - L - we lose, but it's "well, the Giants always lose one game they should win per season..."

Packers - L - "we lose, but Aaron Rodgers is on fire and bad calls, blah, blah, blah..."

Skins - L - "RGIII is a future hall of famer... what a huge win for a young team"

Saints - L - Drew Brees always owns us, and the Saints are fighting for their playoff lives. Genuine panic sets in with both the Giants and the new york media at 6-7.

Falcons - W- Holy crap, miraculous win.

Ravens -W - The Giants are suddenly playoff contenders again. "oh my God, it's 2011 all over again, blah, blah, blah..."

Eagles L - They own us. Andy Reid saves his job. The end.

We finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs, unless other NFC teams do worse.

Bank on it.

I just heard on WFAN that Craig Carson is picking us to end up in the NFC Championship game.

You know, every year, it amazes me that 1). people can't remember what happened more than six months ago, and 2). people don't seem to be able to have the foresight to see more than one weekend into the future. EVERY YEAR under Coughlin and Eli, we have a mid-season slump... and we're a game away from mid-season. Also, this team is the biggest "believe your own hype" and "read your own press clippings" team that I've ever seen. Unless they're the underdog, they lose... for some reason they just can't deal with success.

Cowboys - W - not midway point yet, plus they're in their own house, where we own them. "The Giants are going to the Super Bowl."

Bengals - L - we lose, but it's "well, the Giants always lose one game they should win per season..."

Packers - L - "we lose, but Aaron Rodgers is on fire and bad calls, blah, blah, blah..."

Skins - L - "RGIII is a future hall of famer... what a huge win for a young team"

Saints - L - Drew Brees always owns us, and the Saints are fighting for their playoff lives. Genuine panic sets in with both the Giants and the new york media at 6-7.

Ravens -W - The Giants are suddenly playoff contenders again. "oh my God, it's 2011 all over again, blah, blah, blah..."

Bank on it.

Is this a joke Seph?

Bank on it.

Thanks for the optomistic GQ........LOL