SportsWrath

JPP on RGIII ... yeah you know me

Lughead

If RGIII thinks he's going to run on the Giants, JPP has a 'surprise' for him. "Trust me, we chase quarterbacks ...

... all the time. We turn and run to the ball, no matter what. He may get past us and zoom right past us, but trust me we’re right behind him. You’ve got to respect that too. It’s not all about the speed. We’ve got guys, all 11 guys that can run to the ball very quick. You’d be surprised. Very surprised."

"He may get past us and zoom right past us, but trust me we’re right behind him."

If JPP is right behind him than he's got some problems because he certainly ain't going to catch RGIII from that angle. Right behind him will too to far behind him pretty damn quick.

Should be a good game. I don't see us winning this because I think you'll torch our secondary. Kind of funny because we've had a good defense for a while but horrible offense, now it's flipped.

Lost Orakpo and Carriker for the year and neither of our starting safeties have played a down (one of them being suspended for the year). I expect you guys to pass a whole lot. Especially with your running back being questionable for tomorrow.

Our best shot will be to have long drives and win in turnovers (doing pretty decent with that lately). You should have opportunities for big plays. I imagine we'll start off with some pretty favorable running scenarios for you guys and focus on stopping Eli. If we can stop the run without putting too many in the box maybe we can slow Eli down.

Still in New York and the way you guys are playing I don't like our odds. With RGIII we have a chance of beating anybody though.

I gotta feel for you Mikmak, that team just got hammered by injuries today. Fred Davis tore his achilles? Rough. Lots of injuries today for their side, seemed like.

Yeah, i imagine we'll resign Cooley now. Really with our secondary there's only so far we'll be able to go this season anyways.

Regardless I'm enjoying the games and watching RGIII mature. I think he's going to be a special player and we've got quite a few good young players that are fun to watch. If we go 8-8 I'll be happy. Two many holes in the secondary to really have any kind of postseason even if we somehow snuck in.

As it is I think were capable of beating any team and losing to any team without there being a big surprise.

Yeah, i imagine we'll resign Cooley now. Really with our secondary there's only so far we'll be able to go this season anyways.

Regardless I'm enjoying the games and watching RGIII mature. I think he's going to be a special player and we've got quite a few good young players that are fun to watch. If we go 8-8 I'll be happy. Two many holes in the secondary to really have any kind of postseason even if we somehow snuck in.

As it is I think were capable of beating any team and losing to any team without there being a big surprise.

Totally agree, and that's respectable. Skins are probably better than the Eagles, offensively...and if they ever get Garcon back, they could be downright deadly but without a defense (though they seemed to play pretty decent against the Giants), RGIII is going to have to win a lot of games through the air and that takes the ball out of Alfred Morris's hands....

Congrats, Mik. The Skins (at least to me) are not a hated divisional rival like the Boys and Eagles. Could be because every Skins fan I ever met was cool and classy... and old school to a certain extent. Congrats on RG3... worth all the picks and then some.

Congrats, Mik. The Skins (at least to me) are not a hated divisional rival like the Boys and Eagles. Could be because every Skins fan I ever met was cool and classy... and old school to a certain extent. Congrats on RG3... worth all the picks and then some.

Thats the point. When a team sucks balls for entire lifetime - their fans have no choice to be but cool. Hence we dont have a problem with the Skins - even though they swept us last season. Atleast - they arent assholes - cant afford to be...and have been a ridicule for the league to feel good about. Hence we dont have a problem with the Skins. Wait till the skins start winning....as a division rival theyll be equally disliked - not hated - but disliked. with that bugger as QB - theyll start winning soon and winning a lot. But then again - we got our own giving up similar arm and leg.

I'm pretty old school. When I started watching football Billy Kilmer was our quarterback (I'm 42 now) so I remember the days when the Hogs were dishing it. It was always the Cowboys that I hated but it certainly ain't the same rivalry at all these days. Now it's kind of a meaningless one since I can't remember the last time the Cowboys and Redskins had a game that really meant a lot. The days when R.F.K. was bouncing up and down with "WE WANT DALLAS!!!" are a long time gone.

If there's one team I really don't like in the division now it's the Eagles. Classless fans and a quarterback who murdered dogs.

Totally agree, and that's respectable. Skins are probably better than the Eagles, offensively...and if they ever get Garcon back, they could be downright deadly but without a defense (though they seemed to play pretty decent against the Giants), RGIII is going to have to win a lot of games through the air and that takes the ball out of Alfred Morris's hands....

Actually I think keeping it in Alfred's hands will be key. Our offense is one of the better offenses in the league right now so our best bet is to keep them on the field as long as possible. What you saw yesterday from the defense is pretty much the norm. Secondary routinely gets torched so teams have the ability to score fast on us. The game pretty much unfolded like I thought it would.

The front 7 is fine, actually better than fine but the secondary just kind of floats around back there hoping they are in the right spot. It's not a pretty thing.

That secondary is the one thing holding us back from being a really good team. Particularly the safeties.

I'm pretty old school. When I started watching football Billy Kilmer was our quarterback (I'm 42 now) so I remember the days when the Hogs were dishing it. It was always the Cowboys that I hated but it certainly ain't the same rivalry at all these days. Now it's kind of a meaningless one since I can't remember the last time the Cowboys and Redskins had a game that really meant a lot. The days when R.F.K. was bouncing up and down with "WE WANT DALLAS!!!" are a long time gone.

If there's one team I really don't like in the division now it's the Eagles. Classless fans and a quarterback who murdered dogs.

You paint with a pretty braod brush. Some of us are classy even if we do smear feces on our naked bodies.

The Redskins are much better than their 3-4 record would indicate. They are going to be a very tough out for any team they play.

That option attack is extremely difficult to defend with a guy like RG3....he's got the ability to gain yards with it even when the defense can see it coming, which happened quite a bit with the Giants yesterday.

I was very impressed with RG3. I feel like the Giants stole a win yesterday.

The Redskins are much better than their 3-4 record would indicate. They are going to be a very tough out for any team they play.

That option attack is extremely difficult to defend with a guy like RG3....he's got the ability to gain yards with it even when the defense can see it coming, which happened quite a bit with the Giants yesterday.

I was very impressed with RG3. I feel like the Giants stole a win yesterday.

Correct but this may also be a case of it being too new.. or never been seen before... kindda like the success Vick had till teams figured him out. I'm not sure the Skins would want their QB out there taking hits either.

I feel like the Giants stole a win yesterday.

I'd agree with you except I've seen too many games where I've had to say that about other teams we've played this year. At a certain point I just started accepting the fact that our secondary really is that bad.

Actually I think keeping it in Alfred's hands will be key. Our offense is one of the better offenses in the league right now so our best bet is to keep them on the field as long as possible. What you saw yesterday from the defense is pretty much the norm. Secondary routinely gets torched so teams have the ability to score fast on us. The game pretty much unfolded like I thought it would.

The front 7 is fine, actually better than fine but the secondary just kind of floats around back there hoping they are in the right spot. It's not a pretty thing.

That secondary is the one thing holding us back from being a really good team. Particularly the safeties.

A rushing offense can certainly be used as a defense, to keep other teams off the field completely, we saw it in the 1st quarter Sunday